Jokes aside, why does engineering attract so many autistic

Jokes aside, why does engineering attract so many autistic
weeaboos?

parenting

people who understand machines dont understand peope

Confirmation bias.

it's very sad to be a brainlet and not be a chad. Engineers are literally in the bottom of the barrel in academics and life, everything they consume was invented by someone because they lack the creativity and cleverness to discover, their only purpose is to plug numbers in a formula that they'll never understand.

This is true, but C"S" is much much worse in that regard.

because it's the branch with the best job opportunities, so it's most likely a choice that the parents made for the kid since he was 12. the conformist good-grades-my-whole-life autists are most likely the ones to let mum and dad decide what they'll do with their lives (and are most likely to listen to sound advice instead of rebelling in their teens) so there you have it

i think you forgot the part where you made your point

They are good goys

whoever made this knows engineering pretty damn well. that newton-raphson bit is spot on.

my point is only conformists let mummy and daddy decide where they go to college, which is actually a good decision but only one these types of people will most likely make

Why is health sciences filled with the best people?

Because becoming a health professional is the best thing you can do for the world. You math/physics neets can't even compete.

This, engayneers are the maximun pussies, they played it "safe" and wanted a stable but good paying job, just obey, pass this tests, get diploma, then obey your boss for the rest of your life and get paid.

you don't get into engineering for the stability or even the money. you get into engineering for the lateral mobility and the autonomy. if you don't understand that, you don't understand engineering at all.

>lateral mobility
How you would have any mobility outside the specialization you chose?

>autonomy
What that even means

you don't understand that the only people mature enough to make this solid decision without rebelling etc at 15 are conformists, hence why engineering is filled with them.

>Furry, pedophile, often homosexual
Why the homophobia?

>people who understand machines
People who understand machines aren't engineering majors.

>he's an enginqueer

> why the homophilia?

Cause it's less associated with fame and social admiration unless you engineer space vehicles - and even then. Extroverted people go for laws, medicine and economy. Like the cool guys in TVs who get all da bitches.

You study engineering for the sake of knowing how something works and something is done.

did an engineer steal your girlfriend?
t. Chadgineer

Computer science isn't engineering.

Where's the rest of the meme

>Everyone was as retarded as me at 15

There was only one of these in my class, but the description is pretty spot on.

This is pretty true
I'd switch from CS to stop being around CS Majors but the only viable option is Engineering which isn't much better (Also switching majors because Veeky Forums made you insecure about it is a silly thought)
Math, Physics, the rest, frankly if I was in a field that required me to work in academia i'd neck myself
I'm pretty jealous of rich kids who can study whatever they want and then their uncle hires them
If money was no object I'd study english and go into journalism, or failing that teach high school. But, it is.
So, you're right when you say I picked my degree largely because I wanted to be safe and middle class. And that I knew I would do something like that even as a young teen.
Before you get mad I never post here, I'm not polluting your board with my anti-intellectual filth.
I will be polluting your crush with lots of kids when I buy a house and you still sleep under your desk trying to get your PHD lmaoooo

>would rather count squares under a graph instead of integrating
My sides

engineering is far from a solid decision. just ask Petroleum Engineers when the bottom fell out of oil, or Civil's when construction ground to a screeching halt a few years ago. the industry swings around wildly and is fiercely competitive. you actually have to be good at what you do to succeed in engineering. the degree is not a job coupon.

specialization means jack shit. its all about your experience and what you can do. you pretty much have to have a couple of back up skillsets in your pocket in case the specific industry you are in tanks and you need to switch. which is the norm nowadays. you work for 3-5 years at a company and jump ship to another one for a fat raise or better benefits. once you collect a couple of core skills you can go anywhere in the world and get work.

>autonomy
your boss is almost never going to know what you do as an engineer. all he's going to care about is how you impact the bottom line. how you get there is almost always entirely up to you. more importantly, engineering is legally defined. you want a hot route to self employment? get your PE and design rinky dink backflow preventers or trusses for residential housing. you won't make corporate salary money, but its more than enough to get by and you are doing it at home in your pajamas.

Just lol if you think there are any "solid decisions" they way you define them in this day and age. The job market is fucked no matter which way you approach it. Get over it.

>Just lol if you think there are any "solid decisions" they way you define them in this day and age.

Yeah. thats exactly what i'm implying. you make the position, the position doesn't make you.

Engineering has more billionaires than any other degree

>decides to browse Veeky Forums of his own free will
>whines about homophobia
Nigger

>mfw I just get the area of a triangle on an exam instead of integrating a simple cosine function
>mfw I get full points for it

>nigger
My my, why the unbashed racism?

In my shitty third world country, engineers are considered borderline geniuses only second to doctors when it comes down to intelligence and importance in society

How do yo like CS. I’m pretty much in a similar boat as you except I’m doing MechE. Ideally wanted to do English and write or teach but seeing the reality out there grounded me.

Even now I’m not sure engineering is right for me. I always felt more comfortable working with computers than the physical mechanics of movement and such.

This. I know more CS majors that fit the bill than engineers

I'lll be real because i'm hammered. 10/10 Friday night.
I absolutely fucking love CS. Programming is better than drinking. When the new lab is posted I'm on it that afternoon. I don't know what else to say. Calculus is pretty cool but I don't self-learn several units ahead out of sheer joy, like I do for my programming classes.
God life is so good.

Brainlet. Ill be ur boss oneday. Gimme ur email. Ill do u a favour. Give u a pay rise. You salty earthed shit.

i'm too drunk to be angry bro. I seriously love you all. I'm on Cloud 9.
Give me a raise. demote me. Fire me! I don't care anymore.
If only I could find this feeling without any substances

Chile?

fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuc k you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

Dude e^x dx is e^x
isn't that wild
lmao

I'm always angry
Alcohol just makes me angrier
fuck you

Dude
have you ever heard of the FTC?
take a function f(x)
Then take it's antiderivative
the antiderivative at a certain point minus the antiderivative at another point is equal the area under f(x) between those two points
It is the craziest shit I ever heard and I don't see why but it just fucking works lmao
Computer Science forever

wtfkysgb2grade12

>unbashed

wow, sounds just like me.
I wish I was someone else.

you do't belong here, you, you, DOUBLE NIGGER

Morning bro
It's another beautiful day in Computer-Science land
Where being even mildly competent or passionate puts you in the top quarter of your class
Where 80% are in it for the money, and will probably switch when it gets hard
Have you ever heard of CiS? Computer Information Systems. It's CS but you replace all the math and higher-level programming with business classes. A 4 year degree in Excel for brainlets who know they won't pass Calc II/Lin Alg lmao it's hilarious

It must be chile right?

CS/Math major can confirm.

I'm a chemical engineering major, and there are only 2 people in my class of 100 that even kind of fit the bill. Don't believe the memes.

Health scientists are a proxy for big pharma to shove their toxic chemicals down everyone’s throats for trillions

There is a scientific explanation

Engineering is a very stable and well paying career which makes it ideal for low value males to prove their worth and propogate their genes
/thread

ten thousand times this.
I literally can't wait until I make lots of money and average-looking women will be attracted to me.

Not to mention that the chad engineer never made a single calculation in his life. That's what we have calculators for

t. HVAC cuck

>I literally can't wait until I make lots of money and average-looking women will be attracted to me.
Let me fix that for you:
>I literally can't wait until I make lots of money and date women who used to be average-looking when they were younger but in the years it took me to get an engineering degree their looks deteriorated massively from riding the cock carousel and aging so now she is ready to ride the cuck carousel and settle down with someone like me for the betabux.

Are the majority female as well?

There's no other recourse.
I justify this to myself by having lots of sex with unnattractive women. This way, I won't be insecure.

>why does engineering attract so many autistic
It's genetic.
If your father and at least one grandfather were engineers, and your mother was not a sub-human, then you are more likely than not going to be an engineer, and more than three times more likely than the general population to be autistic.

>tfw both mum and dad have engineering degrees
how fucked am I?

I'm a chemical engineer and I am autistic. Believe the memes.
That being said, chemical engineering has comparatively too many normies.

>both mum and dad have engineering degrees
My condolences

No, they mostly change major to chemistry/biotech or drop out by the third year.

I can tell you that your grandson is likely to be an engineer and less likely than naught to be autistic.

>everything they consume was invented by someone
What?

Most of the engineers I know go from only slightly autistic to low-level chad.

My class is about 35-40% female.