/nyrb/

Read any of late?

Have this on order. Vermont really is G-d's country.

This is god-tier.

This was indeed good.

You cunts memed me into reading the slynx next

Invention of Morel

Pretty good desu

not that good though

amsterdam stories - god-tier

not quite on the level as Memoirs of my Nervous Illness but still very good

it was alright

i cried tb

please respond im really lonely desu

I just like holding my copy of Stoner. Such a great press. The materials are nice, the art is good, and the design is top-notch

Reminded me of "the death of ivan ilyich" and even a bit of the end of Madame Bovary, but all three make me wonder if in death they found peace or accepted a compromise for the sake of "having" peace rather than being at peace.

Been thinking of picking this up from the Botanical bookshop across the street from me. I like EB White and I like writing about nature and gardens. Anyone read it?

I have no idea why the similarity with Death never occured to me before reading this post, perhaps because i read Death after Stoner, but thank you for this.

Does anyone know if the artwork was made specifically with Stoner in mind? Because it fits really well.

post your top 5 nyrbs

Anatomy of Melancholy
Memoirs of my Nervous Illness
The Waste Books
Memoirs of the Future
Jakob von Gunten

Almost finished with this. Enjoying it very much.

i will never stop meming this hilarious heartbreaking masterpiece
it'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry
it's a world in a book

It's a western or at least deals with western themes, right?

thanks for reminding me about this
Kornel Esti is one of my favorite books so i should check this out

Hmmm, I was about to start this but then I went with some Laxness. Sell this book to me in exactly 57 words.

I have that one. Anyone have thoughts on it?

Is that Bowie?

Yes, but not in a cowboys and indians way. It has more in common with the transcendentalists than something like Blood Meridian.

Seems pretty close to what I was hoping for, thanks.