Do any of you pirate books?

Do any of you pirate books?
I've been thinking of just downloading stuff to put on my Kindle.
It's not morally bad if the authors are dead it the books are old as fuck right?

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/.
youtube.com/watch?v=pKze4nUbEEo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If I can't pirate a book then I can't afford it then I'll never read it and I'll never tell anyone how good it is.

EPub and Mobi files of public domain books are so easy to get you should feel embarrassed for asking. Just search for the book in Google and add the file extension you want, which would be Mobi since your Kindle owner.

Bookzz is a popular source, there's also the IRC Channel #bookz. It's not talked about on wait but Project Gutenber also has a lot of public domain stuff for free. Never pay money for public domain ebook.

in an age where information is so easily deliverable, I believe it is the publishers who are in the moral wrong for wanting to restrict access to information that can be distributedly for virtually no cost. The best authors write to be read, not to make money.

I'm talking about newly released fiction

Where do you guys get newer releases?

I've found books on libgen that weren't even published yet.

When you buy a book your money goes to the store and the publishing company.

>Do any of you pirate books?
Yes
>I've been thinking of just downloading stuff to put on my Kindle.
Do it,
>It's not morally bad if the authors are dead it the books are old as fuck right?
Lmao

All the time buddy. Use gutenberg.org/. They have a searchable database with files of classics in every format. Great if you want to read anything over a century old (which is usually what I read anyway). No need to put money into Amazon's pocket if you don't need to.

No, because I don't like reading digital books.
I like to buy my books used. Saves a ton of money, since you can get a lot of books for 1€ or less.

How? I presume you don't mean Abebooks or anything similar because shipping means no books are that cheap

rebuy.de, which is sort of like abebooks, I guess.
Shipping is 3.99€ regardless of how many books you order, which is why I usually buy 10-20 books at a time, 14 in my most recent order. 23.33€ including shipping.

I'd suggest Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island as the starting works.

gutenberg is legal tho

>It's not morally bad
Breaking the law is morally bad

abebooks is literally an aggregator of used bookstores so you can just go to used bookstores and pick stuff out to not pay shipping. they won't have everything, but that makes it fun.

>you'll never have a cute mandate at McDonalds with Randy

Feels bad

ebooks should just be cheaper in general. Even physical books are cheaper to get brand new now in many places.

Then again, Im one of those 'madmen' that think entire discographies of bands should be sold at £1 per album too.

I got a Kindle 3 or 4 years ago, but l barely use it. I've read a few pirated books on it, but the quality was pretty shitty - no page numbers, unreadable illustrations, stuff like that.

what is the meaning of this?

>what is the meaning of this?
youtube.com/watch?v=pKze4nUbEEo
What did he mean by this?

it's stealing if it aint public

I only download to read to see if I want to buy the book. Thanks to modern publishing, marketing and political correctness most stuff is total garbage now so I read some first. I can't read well onscreen for long periods and my retention is way better off the printed page. So I do buy books if they are worth reading and having for future enjoyment or reference..

On this same note, does anyone here have Kindle Unlimited? I'm legitimately considering it for the audiobooks alone.

Library

If its popular, soulseek or mobilism forums.

Or go to your library and sign up for overdrive, best place to get new fiction imo