ZACHARY GERMAN NEW NOVEL

Why the f**k isn't there a thread about this already?

Zachary German, voice of our generation, has announced that his second novel, "A Lot of Things", is due to be published by Melville House in Fall 2017.

Biography:

>1988
-Born in Somers Point, New Jersey

>2008
-Published in Dennis Johnson's anthology "Userlands: New Fiction Writers from the Blogging Underground."

>2010
-Moves to Williamsburg, New York
-Publishes debut novel "Eat When You Feel Sad" aged just 21
-Launches popular radio show "Shitty Youth"

>2012
-Stars in documentary about his life and literary career also titled "Shitty Youth"
-Featured in lengthy Vice article titled "Who Is Zachary German?"

>2017
-Publishes short story "Thank You, Andrew" in New York Tyrant
-Announces publication of second novel "Lots of Things", praised as: "like it or not, [German] is now the most articulate voice of the Millennial generation" (Ben Lerner, NYRB, May 3 2017)

The only thing I'm interesting in is what is his real name? Zachary German? More like Zachary Shekelstein

oh this is just a sad viral marketing attempt by melville house, in that case i don't care at all about this fag, saged, hidden

I love when faggots like this turn 30

I want to wait five years until he has an ugly kid with a mediocre over-the-hill girl and then spy on him for a month and compare all his boring basic bitch dad behavior to his EPIC MEME PERSONALITY from his twenties

>Profession: "Erstwhile VICE Opinion Piece Writer"
>Fame Level: "Zilch"

Wow you seem jealous. You ok there little guy?

Standing on the dock in the afternoon rain, my dad says he’d rather I have a bad time fishing with my old man than a good time playing computer games.
He doesn’t say things like “Your old man” much, but sometimes he does. Or he’ll call me sport, or champ, mostly when I do something dumb. One time I light a whole book of matches on fire and throw it on the floor and stomp on it.

>light

jesus christ what a hack

Ummm...it's actually first-person present :)

Glad I could help!

>One time

so implied past for that sentence

I think its meant to be "quaint"

Wow, you must be new to literature!

And here was me thinking this was a literature forum :)

But I'm right, Zach

I'm going to pirate your books and not read them, Zach

kys zach

Zach pls go

complete non-entity

"Voice of a generation" authors are always shit, in every generation. Hard pass.

Not actually true. Kerouac, Mann, Fallada, Hemingway etc

All confirmed voices of their generation, each superior to anything you are capable of becoming.

>they're better than random user

You're gonna have to try harder.

>Zachary German
>Is American
fucking D R O P P E D

Who the fuck is this guy, and why should I care about some New York hipster shit?

sounds like nothing worth paying attention to

Love the Anne Frank hairdo.

it was a quirky thing to do, but it was fine.

t. Zecker Grumben

I can't tell if this is this guy doing a shit job at viral marketing, this guy doing an ironically bad job at viral marketing, or someone else who hates this guy trying to make it seem like he's shilling

>your old man

The people who praise (and appraise) this kind of dude are the reason why we have no good novels. Sort of like when you're reading an article in the newspaper about millennials and how it always resorts to rampant cliches and mentions of social media use that bear literally no resemblance to how it works in the real world, normie or otherwise. I hate it. Can't we go back in time to 2005 when these hipsters were okay being self-obsessed musicians and not looking for a career writing books. The music was pretty good man. The writing is not.

What am I reading, Zach? And why did you think coming to Veeky Forums would help you with sales? We don't like anything this new on this forum.

Start with the Greeks, faggot.

Wow this is awful, Zach.

I'd rather read Tao Lin than you, you fucking douche.

You're a miserable writer. I have a novel coming out soon enough (at a better publishing house). Can't wait to meet you at some shitty party and call you faggot to your face.

Never post here again.

>Why the f**k
>f**k

You're allowed to swear on the internet, Zack Attack

if it's supposed to be bad, and succeeds, is it good?

godspeed user

Cannot believe you posted this here. Awful idea. Also, it's Denis (one s) Johnson, you asshole.

Everybody on Goodreads, give this kid's book one star. Same goes for amazon and such.

>Robert is in American Apparel.

IS THIS TAO LIN??

>more info in the OP than on his wikipedia page
>only result for that picture is from his publishers website and from someone connected to a magazine that published some of his stories

good christ

lol. Am I the only one who thinks this is an interesting device? It's a little too childish and there are a lot of weak spots (name-dropping American Apparel, for one) but it really underscores the complete banality of the situation.

>it's supposed to be boring!

No. This never works.

Bump for getting to the bottom of Tao Lin's crypto-identity

Finnegan's Wake

What device? Shopping?

I want to be Zach German's little tampon boy

Idiot. Not that it's boring, but that his name is repeated so often. If the sentences in the story were less dull it would be a interesting device. In your reply let me know why pseuds are so arrogant.

So to get published these days you have to write like a 6 year old

Except, as Nael proves, even 6 year olds are better writers than this

t.Zach

>You've attained the rare 1411 anti-dub
>Full of Kabbalistic magic
>1+1+1+(number of non-ones in final four digits)=4
>where non-one is equal to the entire sum, anti-dub attained
Now the Jewish magic forces your post not to be a lie. Either you spit on Zach German's face upon first meeting him in real life, or Jewry will haunt you 5ever. No immunities.

The Stranger started and finished that notion desu

How is that?

How do you tell if they're being boring on purpose, though? It seems like a retroactive defense for boring writers.

I'm fine with that. I'm open to suggestions for my visit/meet and greets.

I'll be there for a month when it comes out. Small readings, parties, shit like that. I'm sure I'll meet some people (most of whom I have no interest in meeting).

I was thinking about making a thread before the trip, just to see what people want me to say to certain people. I was hoping for some funny lines to dish to Tao. Not gonna shill my book here. I just want to do something fun for the anons here that have given me great reading recs over the past three years, some of which have absolutely influenced my work. I feel obligated to give back in some way, even if it's just telling Tao to go to bed, or calling this kid a fag. Down for anything I won't get arrested for.

just read that vice article on Zach, and apparently he just walks up to people he recognizes at those parties and tells them that he knows them and doesn't like them, so just do that to him, maybe in a more vulgar manner. dude seems like an asshole.

punch zachary's face, hard, then post pics

nael is the only writer nowadays i can call the voice of our generation

Like I said, I'm not trying to get arrested. But I'll do my best for both of these. Sounds like a massive asshole. I'll try to do something elaborate, too.

He has a Pepe posted on his Facebook (personal page).

No, I'm not going to give you a link.

Why the fuck do Chads have it so easy in literature? This fag writes like a 6 year old but gets away with it because he gets women wet. Fuck this, I'm out fuck like ahhhhhhhh

this reads like a stream of consciousness piece written by a fairly basic neural network.

he looks like jacqueline kennedy

Tao Lin has said of the book: "Moving, funny, emotional, and—in a revolutionary way—both highly readable and avant-garde, Eat When You Feel Sad excites me very much in terms of literature and also life itself.”

Man, Sean Goonan fucking wishes he could trigger Veeky Forums this much

Fuck off, German.

bump

>ITT: One user pretends to be a shitty author and baits the rest of the thread

Will I receive a personal boypussy photo from you if I buy your book?

he unfriended me on fb tho :(

Tao, go to bed