Simply talking books on a popular tv talk show

>Simply talking books on a popular tv talk show
>has to make it blatanly obvious that this is boring and the people aren't interested in such talk.
Why?

>youtu.be/rpB1WPUeCas?t=41s

Other urls found in this thread:

theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-myth-of-american-meritocracy/
youtube.com/watch?v=AJgY9FtDLbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Uuuuuuuhhh did he just ask about reading? Like uuum... awwwkwwwaaard.

Good on Mr. Banks for trying to bring it up.

Conan is just trying to hide his power level

This pretty much. I react the same way whenever someone asks me about what I'm reading.

Yep.

>Thesis Title: Literary Progeria in the Works of William Faulkner and Flannery O'Connor
/oneofus/

Dude went to Harvard before they imported chinese and minorities in so you would hope he were well read.

Don't the Chinese and minorities who attend Harvard read?
Bet there a lot of white males who are being kept out despite being brilliant minds for these freeloading worthless shits

>/oneofus/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*inhale*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you actually think you're part of the learned elite and not some degenerate chantard

yeah but he's a mick so he probably got some kind of unoffical affirmative action, those boston schools are all jews and protestants, but it looks bad to have the only catholics around be the janitors so they let some in out of pity

I'm white, idiot

>I'm white, this means that I'm educated as Harvard educated WASP people

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
/pol/tards are so funny

not an argument

>eww books yuk

I hate muricans. Whats worse is, many of those people do read, but it's shitty self help and pop-sci shit, but if you show actual interest and passion for literature they go full on highschool jock mode.

Asians and Indians aren't considered minorities by universities. Due to the large amount of them in higher learning, it's probably harder for them to get in then white guys.

>get in then white guys
than

Neither is being white, fuckface.

Yeah how sad, why is Mike so based irl too?
>3rd reich
>meth
is this actual history or 7 gorillion?

lol
reddit, calm down

meth was popular in the western world when they were first marketed (you can get more shit done), they were particularly popular with German forces alongside allied forces such as the Royal air force and royal navy, its popularity continued into the post war era until it was outlawed, if you ever read the original james bond novels, he was a fan of spiking wine with benzedrine

Self hatred much?

>They point to Asians’ soaring academic achievements and to the work of Thomas Espenshade and Alexandria Walton Radford of Princeton, who looked at the data on admissions and concluded that Asian-Americans need 140 SAT points out of 1,600 more than whites to get a place at a private university, and that blacks need 310 fewer points. Yet in California, where public universities are allowed to use economic but not racial criteria in admissions, 41% of Berkeley’s enrolments in 2014 were Asian-Americans and at the California Institute of Technology 44%

Yep.

Meth was actually vital to the blitzkrieg in order to keep trips fighting aggressively and continuously for days
I can't attest to how good the book is though

theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-myth-of-american-meritocracy/

Conan knows people are all ADHD riddled and don't want to see the actor of a character as violent as Mike from Breaking Bad to talk about something slow paced as books.
I'm sure had Jonathan asked him that during the break or afterward he would have answered without a second thought

Conan is really fucking smart. Just watch his Serious Jibber-Jabber videos. I wish he'd do more of them.

Well then fuck Americans and their plebeian-try.

It's a talkshow. You really shouldn't expect much from its audience really.

People aren't generally like this in real life. It's just that when they're the audience of a popular talk show they're going to follow the host's lead: Conan acts weirded out by the question so the audience follows suit and yuks it up.

I like Conan and he seems like a smart guy, but it was pretty odd how he handled that question about reading. Oh well.

Conan is an educated elite, who is smart enough to know what the plebs wish to consume, and he took control of the show away from a segment that would result in people turning the channel.

True, he's a very good host and he's been doing it for so long he knows how to steer the show into more trending topics, it's his job. He's a funny man. But the problem with his demeanor in this situation is that so many people look up to him, hiding his power level and making the whole thing so awkward might seem innocent and meaningless, but it instigates that kind of behavior in the audience. why talk about books when you can be a funny man all the time!

I think it is a very cynical segment. It shows that Conan has no interest in elevating his content, he is a circus and has no interest in cultivating a different viewership.

>you will never see a netflix series of conan interviewing the greatest living authors of the last 50 years.

Because it is. Reading isn't cool.

Is this a sort of reverse noblesse oblige? He has the opportunity to study literature at the highest level, but he does all he can to turn his audience away from books?

I am reminded of Mustapha Mond

>everyone with a platform is obliged to preach his ideologies
How about no. He's a comedian and talk show host, those two fields are his only responsibilities.

I'm going to ask a bunch of questions
and I want to have them answered immediately

um racist and sexist much?

Fucking cringe

Conan is patrician? Damn.

This.

Plus he can't encourage the proles

>you will never see a netflix series of conan interviewing the greatest living authors of the last 50 years.

that is a damn good idea...conan is just the guy to pull something like that off. He has the knowledge to speak with the authors on a deep level and the personality to make it interesting.

Conan's job is more likely to entertain the masses with cheap jokes to keep ratings up. Getting into topics that involve straining the brain are not advertiser friendly.

he does these serious jibber jabber stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=AJgY9FtDLbs