Where to submit weird/horror/fantasy short stories?

Back in the day there were tons of pulp magazines where anyone could submit short stories and they might publish them if good enough.

Does any sort of similar medium exist today?
The only one I know of is Tor.com but they're a bunch of SJWs who state in their submissions page:
>we will only be considering novellas that inhabit worlds that are not modeled on European cultures

If you don't mind having your stuff read out in audiobook form, there's a few linked podcasts (Escape Pod for SF, PodCastle for fantasy, and Pseudopod for horror) that pay 6 cents a word.

lol op i used to think the same thing, "genre fags are such pussies, i bet it will be a lot easier to get published by them, let me write some hack pulp shit to get my writers resume beefed up, then go for the serious lit" but then i realized i'm a total scifi dilettante and have no knowledge of the genre will probably just come up with some tropey shit

you can self-publish now senpai

There's also this. You won't make a particularly huge amount of money that way, but frankly unless you have a King level of normie-appeal you wouldn't through traditional publishing either.

he probably just considers pure masturbation to be wacking it to heterovaginal sex or sth rather than like tranny bukake or something

Not him, but it's just kind of special to get published by a magazine/website/podcast. I've been published a few times, haven't made a cent, but it's a wonderful feeling to hear from someone else that they consider your work worthwhile.

>kind of special to get published by a magazine/website/podcast
>it's a wonderful feeling to hear from someone else that they consider your work worthwhile

OP here. Can't lie, this was on my mind. It's not my sole motive but if you just self-publish, well, it's not like your text went through any criticism before making it formally into the world.

There is that feeling of illegitimacy to it, isn't there? Like there's nothing separating your work from the werewolf erotica and crackpot medical theories.

Yes, pretty much. If I wanted to self-publish I'd go on wordpress or dare I say it, fanfiction.net.

I will resort to such things if really necessary but barring that and going back to my original question, can anyone tell me of a website or online magazines that act as a hub for fans of this genre? I've googled of course but it doesn't hurt to ask Veeky Forums.

No life stealing, friend.

If you're not writing especially for the mag, forget writing pulp. Start thinking outside the box (meaning: get deep in the box) and submit your weird fiction to small lit mags. Just remember to have a scene where you come to grips with your mental illness/societies cultural imperatives. Just do your best and, remember, no one likes a winner.

>we will only be considering novellas that inhabit worlds that are not modeled on European cultures

Lol they bold it too. That's the single most cucked thing ever.

>post uses the word "cuck" unironically

If I knew, I'd be reading them.

Fucking shit, that's a whole new level of poz I wasn't expecting.

Cuck is a very useful term. I means "willing to pay for the mistakes of others". It aptly describes these white guilt types.

>Wants strange, military age men from a completely different culture and race to flood his country in unlimited numbers
>also supports the dissolution of traditional sexual morality and promotion, or atleast acceptance of promiscuity among the women of his nation
>Wonders why people calls him a cuck.

OP you should write them a polite yet firm letter criticizing their exclusionary policies.

I think "Is too weak to stop people from eating off their plate". Is a better description.

Submit them to taktak
>:^]

>Write genre stories
>Compile set of 35-40k words total in short stories
>Self-publish them
>Repeat every few weeks

I live off that shit.

I know, like how could he still use a word after some people said it was bad

How much do you make, and of what quality is it?

About 2/3 of what I did at my job, but that's with two out. With three out it should level out. Might bypass it with four out.

>quality

It's not bad, but I could do with an editor even though I have alpha readers.

If you are a furfag you can use furplanet

how much do you make?

Do you really need a credit card to publish digitally on amazon or can you just get pay in paypal?

Im too por to mantain a credit card fee

I like that too.