Where is the government hiding all the magnetic monopoles...

Where is the government hiding all the magnetic monopoles? Why won't they let electrodynamics be more elegant and symmetrical?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/magnetism1small
youtube.com/watch?v=_k1Vsqn2cuw
youtube.com/watch?v=EghHIqWYzy8
youtube.com/watch?v=Hhu_UqOOYVc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_monopole#Searches_for_magnetic_monopoles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe our universe has a partner universe in which magnetic monopoles exist but electric monopoles don't.

>Where is the government hiding all the magnetic monopoles
Few know. Those who do know have gone into hiding themselves. It’s not safe.

Possible but the consequence is that all observable "magnetic" effects would become indistinguishable from our "electrical" effects and vice versa.

But if mu and epsilon switched, aren't they like six orders of magnitude apart? That'd definitely have some wild effects. Elementary particles would have to be totally different and if they formed something analogous to atoms I can't even imagine what kinda properties they'd have.

what happens if I slice a magnet one atom thick in the OP example rather than breaking it in half and having each half be an inch thick?

An atom does not a magnet make, user.
An atom might have some net magnetic moment from the motion of electrons but you can't slice that. What you get when you break down an atom depends on how you do it, but no matter what, you won't get a magnetic monopole.

wait if one ns makes 2 ns when you break it in half doesn't that mean you can have infinite n's and s's? why has no one though of this yet..

wait, wait, wait

maybe the electrical monopoles ARE the magnetic monopoles

Electrical monopoles are magnetic dipoles.

But that's blatantly incorrect.

Why?
Tell me your understanding of EM so I can tell you why you're wrong.

And maybe north is actually south

And electrons are actually the anti-particles and the sign of all our charges are backwards

A stationary electric charge isn't a magnetic dipole. Physically most are, because they'll be something like electrons with some intrinsic spin giving them a magnetic moment, but a theoretical point charge is not a magnetic dipole. You haven't unlocked some secret understanding of EM that makes this true.

Isn't a theoretical point charge not magnetic at all?

Correct.
An electric point charge is a monopole, a positive and a negative one separated by some distance is an electric dipole.
Magnetic monopoles have never been detected, some physicists say they should exist in certain situations and others say it's impossible. A magnetic dipole is described with an infinitesimally small conducting ring carrying a current.

what would be the benefit of a magnetic monopole?

There is no such thing as a "magnetic monopole". It will always break into two "poles" because it is self-similar and holographic and nature...yeah think about it for awhile.

A magnet is comprised of nothing, but "atoms". You have para, dia, and feromagnetic materials (everything) which is affected by said magnetism exerted by the coherent dielectric object that is the magnet.
An "atom" is only visible and manipulable because magnetism is giving it three dimensional in the first place, it is the visible world. It is the only reason the different elements exist in the first place.

you and perpetual motion machine builders have started with this thought process, it doesn't go far...

"negative, positive" or more correctly referred to as "charge and discharge", is all there is. You can name the pole whatever you like, the magnetism will always be propagated by the dielectric.
incommensurable, it can't happen.

Sending James Clerk Maxwell's soul directly to hell

Wireless electricity/ anti "gravity"/every possible horror you can think of. It's all about bending the bloch wall.

>CIA damage control here to tell us the deep state doesn't have a vault full of magnetic monopoles
You're a puppet. We will find the truth.

It’s pretty well established that if a monopole does exist, it will be for a force/effect that isn’t actually magnetism. Every scientist who is in the field and believes they exist knows this.

>You're a puppet. We will find the truth.

The paranoia strikes deep. Take it to /x/. If you really want me to break it down into something retardedly simple then everything is just "hard and tangled light" and magnetism is the fall off rate. The "dielectric" or "bloch wall" as some people like to call it now is you magical "monopole" that isn't really a monopole because the origin/ center-point/ locus/ ether/whatever you want to call it is;
Incommensurable. It is point non-specific. There is nothing to quantize, to say a magnet has "two poles" is incorrect because both "poles" are POSTERIOR ATTRIBUTES and therefore are caused by something else.

>It’s pretty well established that if a monopole does exist, it will be for a force/effect that isn’t actually magnetism. Every scientist who is in the field and believes they exist knows this.

There is a force that isn't actually magnetism, Faraday specifically called magnetism the "dielectric field". Now why would scientists to this day still be searching for answers they should already know?

>Just stop looking goyim, it's hopeless! Oy vey, you'll never find it!
I see through your lies schlomo

>goyim
>Oy vey
>schlomo

But I never mentioned Einstein or relativity.

Quantifying that which has no substance and is just change and motion is illogical as fuck. That is the least "jewish" statement you're ever going to get.

maybe we are searching at the wrong end of the magnet?

fuckin magnets

Finance fag here.

I dont get it. Whats the whole hype about monopoles? At the deepest its just an electron being a magnet due to its spin. What am i missing here?

deepest level*

curious self bump

200+ years of experimenting with magnets and millions of perpetual motion machines later, science still does not know how a magnet works. Some dumb fucks believe believe that the "monopole" has the ability to exist . You would think that the same dumb fucks who believe this cannot also believe in the law of thermodynamics as that would be a contradiction, but they somehow managed to worm it in.

Usually it's these types , the CIA or "Tesla fanatics" who promote the "monopole" because they are either misinformed or purposefully ill informing people on how electricity and magnetism actually works. They believe that the law of thermodynamics is a bad thing and that that means their precious "free energy" cannot exist without realizing that its the only way "free energy" can exist. Usually I tell them that electricity and light aren't actually moving and that shuts them up or gets them to run away yelling "CIA CIA!" thinking that I've lied to them or something.

In short, the "monopole" would allow for the magnet to be propelled through a motor without flux density being a problem. If our Universe worked the way a monopole would, then energy would only be created and never recycled. "At its deepest level" it is a pressure mediation of magnetism and dielectric perpetuating that creates light and electricity, a monopole would not allow this to happen.

whoops meant to quote:. is me and another quote you should read

fr homie

Dammit do you people not know that magnetic monopoles are predicted to exist by some theories of physics?
wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_monopole
Magnetic monopoles can't be made from regular magnets and coils of wire
How the fuck would a magnetic monopole violate thermodynamics?

>predicted to exist
Read a book, nigger.
>Magnetic monopoles can't be made from regular magnets and coils of wire.
Holy fuck it's like they can't exist or something... something having to do with the larmor frequency or the right hand rule or something like that perhaps...idk.
>How the fuck would a magnetic monopole violate thermodynamics.
I don't think you understand how a magnet works. The halfway point already has what you're looking for in terms of "free energy". To have "half" of this is impossible.

Nigga I have read a book. Did you even read any of that wikipedia article? Magnetic monopoles as a fundamental particle are predicted to exist. In addition, Maxwell's equations still work with magnetic monopoles
>> larmor frequency
What the fuck does the larmor frequency have to do with magnetic monopoles
>> rest of your post and your pic
What the fuck are you even saying?

I don't want to be rude anyhow, but what energy does all electricity of electromagnets get converted to, in the case all magnetic fields negates themselves?

>Magnetic monopoles as a fundamental particle are predicted to exist
>predicted

stop.

>What the fuck does the larmor frequency have to do with magnetic monopoles

The larmor frequency has absolutely nothing to do with a "magnetic monopole" because it is the very reason why a monopole cannot exist.

>In addition, Maxwell's equations still work with magnetic monopoles

No shit, it still pertains to a fucking magnetic field, just half of one in this case.

>What the fuck are you even saying?

What the fuck are YOU even saying? Do you even know what a "Bloch wall" or "dielectric field" is? If not please do not continue this argument about magnets.

But how does this jump happen? Lets say I find a big metal ball in my attic that attracts the south side of magnets but not the north side. What steps would I take to create free energy in the comfort and secrecy of my home with no outside help? Asking for a friend.

>electrons
>s
There is only one electron.

>tfw masters degree in physics
>still dont know the difference between B and H

So if one were to cut through the bloch wall at what point would the magnet become 2 magnets?

There is no such thing as an "electron"
What you have just described is a Van de Graaff generator. I don't care how many "south poles" the thing has facing inwards, the flux will leak out somewhere. It's all a matter of how efficient the field is used and how COHERENT the field is, but you'll always have input.

>So if one were to cut through the bloch wall at what point would the magnet become 2 magnets?
Like an air bubble, if you spit it anywhere it will just seek its own pressure mediation and become two or more smaller bubbles. The "bloch wall" cannot be defined as something, it is better defined and understood as the place where magnetism isn't.
What I mean by that is that it is "counter-spacial", (not "anti-spacial). It's comes from an indefinable locus, it's center-point cannot be reached because it has no center. This is why the toroid shape forms, there is "towards inert" and ""away from inert" in the center of said toroid that is keeping it reciprocating, changing and "tangible". Because it is always changing, all matter is "point non-specific", meaning there is no "center of the universe" and all is simply one force. We're talking about an implosive,"TOWARDS inert" starting point that releases it's power and potential via magnetism based on how much energy it has stored from the rotation and perturbation of other magnetic fields. If it had no motion it simple would not be. When it's motion is "depleted" it simply returns to the medium it came from.
I stress "towards inert" and "counter spacial" because "zero, zero-point", or anything that has to do with nothing causing something is hilariously wrong and irrational as fuck.
There will ALWAYS be a bloch wall and two "poles" on every magnet no matter where you split it for it is the very thing that defines the magnet in the first place. It seeks pressure mediation and will usually jump to the "middle" or the "median" of mass to exert said force equally.

Financefag here again. I am not familiar with the jargon, so I didn't get your ppoint. Can youu recommend me some literature preferably heavy on maths side of the things. I have finished Griffith's and Jackson's Electrodynamics before but they don't go so deep in this concept.

archive.org/details/magnetism1small

Not particularly on the math side, morso experiments, concepts and understanding as to how a magnetic field actually works. If you want absolutely mind bending math about the subject though, Steinmetz wrote several books about electrodynamics.

>45 replies and no one has mentioned that maxwells equations that support magnetic monopoles are not invariant under lorentz
But you only have to believe that if you believe in the science jew Einstein

griffith's has plenty of math and detail, you obviously have never read it.

Awesome post. Thank you

>links to some crackpot
Please tell me you are trolling

Which crackpot are you referring to? Steinmetz, the first man to make artificial lightning and solved numerous problems regarding electrodynamics and magnetic hysteresis? Or Ken Wheeler, the first man on earth to actually fully define and explain what a magnet is and proved with several experiments the existence of the reciprocating magnetic vortex? Explain yourself shill.

Financefag again.
Looks like pseudoscience. I will definetely read it for laughs while doing my business at the crapper. Convince me to otherwise.
Literally nothing(or negligible) about spin and its relation to electron's magnetism. You obviously haven't read it.

I guess my best bet to understand magnetism at a deeper level is delve in QM. Should have known that Veeky Forumstards cannot help anyone.

No such thing as an electron. Get out.

I suggest JJ. Sakurai "Advanced Quantum Physics", it's light reading.

>Advanced Quantum Physics
Found one called Modern Quantum Mechanics. Is it the same?

Biggs and Hosan...
Biggs had a promising hip hop career but was struck down tragically, they could not place his killer at the scene at the time of the killing, they know he was in the area just not exactly when.

How else are we going to power our robots?

>Looks like pseudoscience. I will definetely read it for laughs while doing my business at the crapper. Convince me to otherwise.

Hey I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. A lot of stuff he mentions in that book is more classical as Ken does not believe in QM or Relativity. Tesla/Newage fagskinda give the the legitimate shit he talks about a bad rep, but he also has a Youtube channel with hundreds of experiments and lectures. If you watch enough you WILL understand what he's talking about. Warning though he can seem egotistical at some times, but all his videos are full of info.

youtube.com/watch?v=_k1Vsqn2cuw
youtube.com/watch?v=EghHIqWYzy8
youtube.com/watch?v=Hhu_UqOOYVc

>relation to electron's magnetism
>calls other tards

Making fun of someone who actually wants to learn something out of pure curiosity. How small is your dick?
I will check these stuff, thanks user.

What?

Did I fucking stutter you shill? WHERE ARE THEY?

>Implying that isospin in quarks is not a thing
You need some reality check about particles physic

Stationary in what reference frame? Unless you're speaking about a point charge alone in an empty universe, which makes EM irrelevant, your statement is bullshit.

searches for monopoles have established an upper limit of 1 monopole per 10^29 nucleons. The LHC is looking for them, but as of yet has found any within the limits of experimental error, which at the very least helps us put constraints on how many monopoles high energy collisions in the LHC could produce.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_monopole#Searches_for_magnetic_monopoles