So did the 00000 land on a theater in 70s LA or on the theater from part 1?

So did the 00000 land on a theater in 70s LA or on the theater from part 1?

dude entropy! lmao

both

So what happened to Slothrop?

He became Thomas Pynchon

...fuck

do rockets travel through time?
no

Theater in part 1? Please tell me you're not referring to the sentence "It's all theater" lol...

How would a rocket travel from Germany to LA in the 1940s?

My bad I was thinking of that theater in Antwerp with where all those people got blown up.

it doesn't

00000 is just a regular v2 with a compartment for a human. blicero launches gottfried in the first prior to the events of the book, and the schwarzkommando leader launches himself in the second at the end. the first hits some theater in belgium and the second presumably lands somewhere within its operational range shortly after firing

the theater in LA has nothing (physically) to do with it.

How would a giant adenoid terrorize a town in the 1940s?
How would a lightbulb gain consciousness in the 1940s?
How would a man have fatidic dreams in the 1940s?
... seances ... etc.

It's almost like Pinecone has no qualms about including the supernatural in his works. The claim that the rocket hits 1970s LA might be wrong, but not on the grounds of its engineering improbability

>When you realize GR is actually Pynchon LARPing as le kewl wacky WWII soldier while writing down his erotic fantsies and throwing a bunch of random weed ideas in between hoping the public's paranoia is enough to create coherent themes.

>the first hits some theater in belgium
Does it specify this in the text? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't remember it.

This is incorrect user. You are right about a few elements, but conflating and confusing others.

As the novel closes, many topics are discussed by the various protagonists around the world, ranging from Tarot cards to Death itself. The narrative even jumps forward in time to the 1970s, where a character named "Richard M. Zhlubb" operates a Los Angeles theater. Towards the end of "The Counterforce", it transpires that the S-Gerät is actually a capsule crafted by Blicero to contain a human. The story of the 00000's launch is largely told in flashbacks by the narrator, while in the present Enzian is constructing and preparing its successor, the 00001 (which isn't fired within the scope of the novel), though it is unknown who is intended to be sacrificed in this model. In the flashbacks, the maniacal Captain Blicero prepares to assemble and fire the 00000, and asks his adolescent sex slave Gottfried to sacrifice himself inside the rocket. He launches the rocket in a pseudo-sexual act of sacrifice with a bound Gottfried captive within its S-Gerät. The text halts, in the middle of a song composed by Slothrop's ancestor, with a complete obliteration of narrative as the 00000 lands (or is about to land) on a cinema.

not as far as i recall, its just a connection i remember making

how does this conflict with what i said

i know that theyre describing blicero's launch at the end, but its implied earlier that that the schwarzkommando is off to fire off their captain in the recreated one (towards the north?)

>how does this conflict with what i said

>and the schwarzkommando leader launches himself in the second at the end
Enzian is constructing and preparing its successor, the 00001 (which isn't fired within the scope of the novel), though it is unknown who is intended to be sacrificed in this model

Stop quoting that list of things that happens in GR.
Enzian is gonna fire himself off, that's why he's training Christopher to succeed him and why he tries to build the whole Messiah schtick around himself.

>changes definitive "Enzian launched himself" to conditional "Enzian is going to launch himelf"

the person you're responding to isnt me, but are you too autistic to read??

>i know that theyre describing blicero's launch at the end, but its implied earlier that that the schwarzkommando is off to fire off their captain in the recreated one

Yes, beyond the zero