Is Trigonometry the most useless thing ever?

Is Trigonometry the most useless thing ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/ve1rN
m.imgur.com/a/8Qfqh
m.imgur.com/a/aA94h
usu.edu/geo/geomorph/kansas.html
metabunk.org/soundly-proving-the-curvature-of-the-earth-at-lake-pontchartrain.t8939/
youtu.be/cy6CFTMnYa4
lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=lake pontchartrain bridge
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective
youtu.be/_vlCmLxDng4
lmgtfy.com/?q=Scientific experiment proves convex water
youtu.be/1X_Tw27wWv0
youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think Trigonometry is cute.

kawaii desu ne math-chan

it can't be because you exist

Yes. Study the superior, more intuitive Rational Trigonometry instead.

Sometimes

fuck yeah

STOP THIS MEME

since rotating objects and electromagnetic waves are "bound" by trig, no, it's one of the most useful things ever.

More useful than imaginary and complex garbage. The foundation of synthesizers are graphing trig functions and the manipulation of them with signal processors

Have you every used a map?

Also very useful if you're making some reasearch in geometry OP. Einsteins Theory of Relativity if riemannian geometry. No GPS, cellphones, or tv would have been possible without it.

Tell that to my dad he was a sniper he used trigonometry so he can shoot precise shots he never missed it's kind of annoying when he goes To pee but hey you got to do what you got to do he also co-starred in the movie with Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy wanted he was the black guy in the coach when they start shooting you really can't see him but you can kind of see the back of his head if you really zoom in so yeah my dad is a Hollywood store he also played the role of a trash can in an animated movie

> he hasn't studied further than highschool maths
Trig is as basic as complex numbers and algebra.

Yeah, when I went to your mom's house to fuck her

Walked into my Physics class hoping to god trig wasn't going to be used very much

Found out it was using in literally everything

lul. trig is the foundation of analytic geomtery

You never set foot in a physics or engineering class have you?

>try to do integral
>some rational function, no idea
>google solution
>some american substitutes some random trigonometric function I didnt even know has its own name
>keeps shuffling around expressions that would take me a minute to write down without knowig 20 functions and their derivatives by hard
>voila
integrals suck

>Is Trigonometry the most useless thing ever?

Your bait is plainly obvious

You can use it to prove the Earth is flat. That s useful

>meme
user, I'm hurt...

This

>the flatearther is still mad about being blown out

I don't know man that looks pretty rad

... Trig and complex start off as basically the same thing, user. For fucks sake, you can even write all your trig in complex formulas.

lol

good pun

Trigonometry was used for numerous things
To discover the distance to planets
To build bridges
To build buildings

These things would not be possible, or near impossible, without trigonometry

cute

m.imgur.com/a/ve1rN

m.imgur.com/a/8Qfqh

>get meme'd hard by trig my first time in college
>tough prof barely make a B
>yeahiknow.brainlet
>have to fight hard for the grade, but learn a lot in the process
>but oh well, fuck this shit, it's not like ill ever need trig again
>trig derivatives in calc1
>trig integrals, polar coordinates, and trig series in calc2
>more trig integral in calc3 and diffEQs
>... fast forward, here I am in complex analysis...
>trig trig trig euler trig [math]rcos(θ)[/math] trig [math]i[/math] trig trig
>mfw I can't even remember any identities
>mfw I can't even remember the unit circle
>mfw I can't even remember what equilateral means

tldr; it's NOT a meme young brainlets.
t. buttblasted trigfagg

m.imgur.com/a/aA94h

no

why did you see trig for the first time in college? I'm confused.

ΘXZ is a ninety, by definition. You are projecting the perceived curvature away which, by the way, could be seen in the Y axis in this case.

Why doesn't the shadow of the highway run parallel to the highway? (Z axis isn't parallel to itself)

Are you fucking retarded? Go retake calc III you faggot.

Actually your confusion is warranted. Technically I saw trig for the first time in high school. I chose to be an edgy teenager though and skip that class until I got removed from it, because I felt much the same way OP probably does. Thus, I had to take it in college. And that's my story, user.

Less ad hominem
More math
20+ miles of curvature missing from Kansas

The apex should be as high as the world's tallest building stacked on top of itself 38 times.
If Earth was a sphere of the dimensions everyone was told.

Ad hominem on though

usu.edu/geo/geomorph/kansas.html

Is there some kind of quest for most autistic post in universe of with i don't know about?

What s the name of the scientific experiment that demonstrates and proves that a body of water can hold a convex shape?

I can observe a 30 mile long flat ocean line between to points where I live. Check the trig chart. If the Earth is a sphere of the dimensions we ve been told, that 8 inches time the distance squared. An apex of about 600 feet.

Do you know what a linear approximation is?

Yes
Something your not going to be able to use to disprove my posts or that the Earth is a sphere.

No, same user though - when I think of "linear" I usually think of cocks :^) am I on the right track?

*Two dimensional
I miss types from the crippling lulz
Metabunk.org and sci kept posting two dimensional CGI towers as proof of the Earth s curvature.
m.imgur.com/a/aA94h

metabunk.org/soundly-proving-the-curvature-of-the-earth-at-lake-pontchartrain.t8939/

youtu.be/cy6CFTMnYa4

I'd like to see the original photo in full resolution, without markup

lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=lake pontchartrain bridge

8 inches times the distance squared in miles. Divide the result by 12 to get the apex in feet.
See chart Just over 24 miles long.
Almost 1/1000 the circumference of the ball Earth.
No scientific proof a body of water holds a convex shape.
How many flat and level surfaces does it take to make a sphere?

Only thing flatter than the Earth is Metabunk.org/Soundly's 2 dimensional towers.

There some nice aerial shots as well
You may have to adjust your search

>desperately spamposts in an attempt to make it look like he has more evidence than he actually does.

I'm sorry to tell you this user but the picture is real and there's nothing you can do about it. transmission lines just look flatter the further away from you they are, since all the transmission line photographs are zoomed in a lot. I know that you are trying your best to prove that the obvious example of earth's curvature is somehow fake because you want to keep believing in your fantasy at all costs, but there's just nothing else to it. If you really are to confident that it's fake then call up a friend and get them to take a picture for you. nobody's blocking it. tons of people go there to check for themselves.

the earth is round and you don't want to admit it.

wtf i love trigonometry now

do you seriously not understand that they're using altitude, and not some absolute reference frame as a measure of height? how do you think they got such a accurate measurement of Kansas anyway?

hint: altimeters, which measure the ALTITUDE of a point.

im having trig class right now lmao

Metabunk/Soundly's photos are clearly 2 dimensional and half the metal structure is not present.

There are photographs of them going back more than 50 years and even in the the oldest ones taken at distance you can see the third dimension.

You should post examples from Metabunk/Soundly. There are numerous as well as real photos to compare.

What s the name of the scientific experiment that demonstrates and proves that a body of water can maintain a convex shape?

While your googling the name of scientific experiment that demonstrates and proves that a body of water can hold a convex shape and dosen t find and maintain a level surface you can point out where the 380+ foot curvature apex is in photography of the bridge in the same lake as those 2 dimensional towers.

I understand the situation in Kansas.
None of the curvature math for the ball Earth applies to the real world. That s the point of doing it.

What s the name of the scientific experiment that demonstrates and proves that a body of water such as a lake or the ocean can maintain a convex shape. It s worth a google.

See

There are way to many real photos to compare to the fake 2 dimensional tower photos, of which there are plenty, not to mention the videos. Multiple angles. 2 dimensions.

did you not see my image? in all pictures of transmission lines, the far away ones start appearing as if they are just paper cutouts. you need to realize that the pictures of the power lines over the lake are all zoomed in, so you are looking at just the far away ones. see this image? see how the farther away they get the more two dimensional they seem to be? no matter how much you want the hundreds of photos and videos taken by regular people to be fake, they're not fake. go there yourself and see.

and what's your obsession with a scientific experiment proving that water CAN be convex? you've already proven at this point that even in the presence of extremely compelling evidence you simply will not accept what is obviously true.

and i don't understand where you think you're getting by posting about four separate replies that each say about the same thing.

It's right there, retard.

Name me one (uno) trigonometric function that you actually NEED other than sin.

arcsin

cos

you mean the inverse of sin?
you mean sin(x + pi/2)?

>mfw people are arguing for flat earth on sci

Seriously though. If there earth were flat there wouldn't be timezones and you'd see the sun from all parts of the earth.

Not to mention: if the earth were flat, why hasn't anybody taken a picture of America from Mt. Everest? Or seen all areas of the earth at once from 1 high point for that matter?

No I mean cos.

I'm pretty sure it's only one guy arguing for flat earth. All he does is spam videos and images instead of actually making points himself, and even if you debunk something he posts he'll just post it in another thread anyway.

That clears it up. I've seen some stupid stuff on this board, but I was seriously disappointed when I saw stuff on flat earth.

Exactly the opposite. Trigonometry and proportions are, along linear function, the most useful thing for day2day life right after most basic operations like sum and multiplication, and before quadratic function. Obviously you never programmed anything more complex than website, which any code-monkey can do, never built anything, never stalked anyone, never used a map or planned/designed anything that has any rotational movement. You're just brainlet thinking it's shit, but the truth is you are too stupid or shallow to be able to understand it or find any use for it, and you life is so boring and shallow you don't do anything creative.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective

youtu.be/_vlCmLxDng4

lmgtfy.com/?q=Scientific experiment proves convex water

> Pretending to know anything about signal processing while saying "complex numbers are garbage"

I really hope you don't have an EE degree

nothing

>I'm seriously disappointed that people aren't blindly believing the heliocentric model which is a load of sci-fi bullshit that only 10 year old retards actually believe.

the scientific experiment is the picture, retard. which you've desperately tried to disprove and made yourself look like a fool in the process.

you have a severely warped view of reality if you're being serious.

Molarity is. A method of concentration that is useless unless you know the molar mass.

>warped view of reality

You think the sun is 93 million miles away and orbiting the galaxy at 600,000mph. Are you off your fucking meds or what?

fucking pedo

So, what's the point of making people believe that?
Also, Occam's Razor

and each of those facts are scientifically provable.

the alternative view, however, has literally zero evidence supporting it. how plausible something is does not decide weather or not it is true.

Molarity is useless now, but it came from a time when mass couldn't be measured precisely

Why the pedophilia?

Is this the trigonometry thread?

youtu.be/1X_Tw27wWv0

Wtf did I just read

>What s the name of the scientific experiment that demonstrates and proves that a body of water can hold a convex shape?

Here you gou: youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM

arctan, in pretty much the same way you “need” the lambert W, or erf.

Pouring water inside a concave container, such as a glass. What do you think “convex” means?

See

Trigonometry and the natural properties of water prove the Earth is flat.

See

Are you fucking retarded? Can you not read? He is clearly saying his dad is a Hollywood store.

A water drop sitting on a table is round.

Please don't kill yourself when this little bit of information destroys your entire world view. Seek help.