Am I the only one that thinks that science destroyed all the magic and imagination the old days had...

Am I the only one that thinks that science destroyed all the magic and imagination the old days had? I mean people would literally dedicate their entire lives for something and believed in it without regardless of the consequences

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/45564
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Am I the only one that thinks that science destroyed all the magic and imagination the old days had?
Yeah, no one has ever written about this before, man. You're the first one to have thought of disenchantment

In some ways. But non-fiction is stranger as fiction.

WOW REALLY MAKES YOU SHIT OUT OF YOUR ASSHOLE

i think "SCIENCE" as modernity knows it killed something within man.

doesn't mean we can't be reborn

I would shoot every human personally in the head if it meant I could free this planet from the cancer that is modern man.

Please don't conflate science with the joyless mainstream embrace of scientism.

umhahahahahahahaha repill yourself, Jesus. Go ashamed somewhere else.

Exactly. 60 years ago science was a very different beast. Rather than a method of deluding and obfuscating information from general laymen, it was a method of understanding this incredibly complex and deep world.

I'd say the absolutely worst aspect of "science" today is all the pride and cheerleading. After the internet boom, millions of uneducated white boys decided that they knew anything and everything there is to know because they are capable of skimming over peer-review journals. They have no soul or interests, just a bunch of fun facts and pop-culture. My advice is to fancy the idea of wacky shit like flat earth and ayyyliums, if not simply to keep your mind busy in this era of endless distractions.

Hey, I remember you.

>Am I the only one that thinks that science destroyed all the magic and imagination the old days had?
You're like 200 years late with this sentiment.

Also the same thing happened in Rome, see the transition from Homer, who sincerely believed in the gods, to the urbane, skeptical Ovid.

>assuming science is real and not another cult

>he thinks science isn't magic by another name

Of course you're not the only one. What a stupid notion. Read a book, damn it.

If you would read science you'll find that it is often more miraculous and interesting as magic, mythology and all that sort of stuff.
I don't get the whole "it is just atoms" meme.

This. Poorly educated people think that science proves that the world is mechanic, and this mindset kills any attempt to think imaginatively about nature.
Public education is the mother of atheism.

Most people don't give a shit about science and it doesn't affect their life at all. Don't make the mistake of thinking Veeky Forums and reddit represent the world. Remember that almost half of Americans don't think evolution is real.

You're not alone.

Read:

Feyerabend

Ellul

Winner

Zerzan

to start

Have you read Max Weber? He wrote all about this. He even coined 'disenchantment'

mason and Dixon

All you're looking for is trouble. Though, according to you, you have it already.

Rationalism and science always stifles and degenerates the will power of a culture after their transition into civilization. The solution to this civilization-problem is always the same, and has worked for every high culture; which is:
The resurgence of faith, authority, religion, and the affirmation of absolute political imperialism.

>Winner
Who is this?

Certainly not you.

>people would literally dedicate their entire lives for something and believed in it
People dedicate their entire lives believing in science as well.

it was inevitable idiot. whatever we lost, we also lost illusions.

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/45564

Goethe hypothesized that science and poetry, as they came from the same source, might meet again together, on a higher plane.

Late-capitalism killed science.

This.

Found the cuckold.