Not to sound pretentious, but how do you guys cope with being the smartest person in your immediate family/friends?

Not to sound pretentious, but how do you guys cope with being the smartest person in your immediate family/friends?
Recently my father has started believing in wild conspiracy theories, and preaches them to everyone at family gatherings.

It makes him, and the rest of our family look like complete idiots.

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/12/31/vaccines-manipulative-research.aspx
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>and preaches them to everyone at family gatherings.
Get that stick out of your ass. Just have giggle with him.

Don't talk to or associate myself with them.

Try to teach them to at least be skeptical about everything they see, since they definitely aren't going to learn math or science.

only brainlets don't believe in conspiracy theories

>t. flat earther

>wild conspiracy theories
Such as?

/thread
Conformity is for brainlets and a lot of studies are funded to be fudged

My father had a master's degree in physics and worked at JPL for 25 years. I don't know what it would have been like not having my dad there to answer all my questions as a kid.

I feel sorry for you.

Cool. You're still a brainlet, compared to me.

Not OP, but my mom sent me this... See why I don't talk to them now?

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/12/31/vaccines-manipulative-research.aspx

Solar Wardens, Hollow Earth, Secret bases in Antarctica where the Nazis acquired alien technology, "Giants" that roamed the Earth 60,000 years ago, etc.

Also the biggest one being that aliens inserted their DNA into the human genome thousands of years ago, and somehow that accounts for the "missing link"

Sounds awesome. My parents had me believe in god.

Pretty cool guy tbqh

>t. someone’s who’s never bothered try and prove the earth is a globe (hint. You can’t)

He sounds pretty redpilled

Oh god the disclaimer is hilarious, but the comments are scaring

When I was a kid, I had an uncle like that. He would go on about the Jews and how the United States fought on the wrong side during ww2.
In retrospect, he was right.

Show him /pol/ and see how deep he can go into the rabbit hole.

I let them do what makes them happy, and believe what they want to believe. Then I go off and do what makes me happy and I believe what I want to believe. It's not that hard.

Lots of rest; I sleep on the floor for maximum muscle relaxation, so when the understimulation becomes too much, I get my quilt and rest

me and my brothers-in-law "ironically" shitpost at each other about flat earth, clinton bodycount, communist plots, etc

feelsgoodman

Just give him a concise and sourced critique of Blavatsky's "work". If he isn't schizophrenic and is truly willing to learn he will un-bullshit himself naturally.

What's wrong with that?
Well I don't know which god it was

dad sounds based

Dad has a major on electrical engineering with a post grad in idk what. Mom has one in statistics.
We still live in a shitty shitole in latin america tho...

And they have a son with no reading comprehension? What a shame.

english is not my first lang and the point was im not the smartest one here
if you are then maybe your family is jsut really dumb, thats just it

I keep my mouth shut about political matters, conspiracy theories, and just about any type of conversation where people are presenting opinions rather than facts. I really only chime in if someone explicitly asks for my input. Otherwise, I just laugh at the fools.

The term "conspiracy theory" was literally coined by the CIA to shut down critical thinking, so in this case you are actually correct.

However, not all conspiracy theories hold the same weight You really have to take it on a case by case basis

Isaac Newtom believed in Alchemy and Biblical codes and he was ten times as smart as you'll ever be

Nazis in Antartica is true. Its possible they met some sort of alien since even the US military has declassified documents about ufos shooting out of the water in that region at that period in time

How else do you think humans are so much vastly superior to every other species on Earth? Where do you think the first ideas of religion came from?

This.

To actually answer the question rather than relay conspiracy theories like everyone else is doing, I shut myself in my room and scroll through Veeky Forums. In a social context... Ha! Me in a social context!

Haha, yea, how do I "cope" feeling superior to everyone around me?

God, I'll never know how I do it. But somehow I manage.

people are never really stupid, you just haven't seen them be smart in their own way
cliché I know, but everyone knows how to do something

he sounds smarter than you

You sound like a retard OP

>tfw my father has spent over 6 years and thousands of dollars trying to make a perpetual motion machine with magnets
Every time I try to tell him how retarded he is, he gets pissed at me, and threatens me with violence.
>"Dad, don't you think it would be more cost effective to try to understand why physicists say perpetual motion machines are impossible?"
>"Durrrrrrr it's all propaganda and the technology is suppressed by oil companies!"
I fucking hate visiting my parents because my father only talks about his fucking retarded generator
wake me from this hell

at least he has passion

We didn’t choose the autistic life the autistic life chose us

But not everyone is praised for being better than most at many things

I don't know if you've ever had a family member that actually believes insane shit, but it's seriously unpleasant and not very amusing.

I guess both NatGeo and your dad are liars then. maybe it's Time, I can't remember

I come from a really poor household but went to a great Uni and did math. I work in finance and all my colleagues are a bunch of absolute retards who got their jobs through connections. I deal with it by not talking to them and focusing on moving up/entering positions where people can't get by with just connections and actually need to know what the fuck they're doing and be smart.

I know what I said just sounded so pretentious but I can't overstate just how dumb and nonacademic these people are.

Stop being a autist, my uncle is like that, and I just laugh, family gatherings are awesome because of that, its fucking hilarious. We believes aliens have childs in earth and shit

My dad also does the same thing. He believes people with O+ blood type are descended from aliens and that the earth is flat. He also believes he has an IQ of 130 and that my brother and I should thank him because we're only smart because of him. Absolute asshat.

>I just laugh, family gatherings are awesome because of that, its fucking hilarious

t. nihilist with a wicked sense of humor :^)

Oh and he believes that IQ tests you do online that add 40 points to your score are legit. I wonder why.

Greatest mathematicians were thought to be preaching wild theories. Hell Galileo wasn't pardoned by the catholic church until the 1990s. Your family might be way smarter than a sheep like you

I'm probably not. My family is pretty smart and my parents are both very well-educated.

>how do you guys cope with being the smartest person in your immediate family/friends?
By losing my faith in humanity. I guess that's not really a healthy way of coping though.

This.

My answer to
>You believe in conspiracy theories!?
is always
>Only the good ones.
It gets them every time.

>nootone
>smart

>humans are vastly superior to every other species
we aren't at all, we just have a few traits that go good together

My family pretty much thinks I'm retarded since I'm severely depressed and it fucks with my level of functioning.

would be good for you then

Makes you sound like a 15 year old in a duster and a trilby.

>he doesn't know the flat earth conspiracy theory is disseminated by the CIA to delegitimize actual "conspiracy theories"

Lets see you invent your own branch of mathematics, faggot

Just convinced him not to vote and its fine

You`re not smart, I`ve got a shit load of money and that makes me smarter than anyone on here. It`s people like me that hire you to make me even more money while I pay you a living wage. He who has the most money is the smartest you asshole.

Kek, I did it myself.

This. All the crazy disinfo out there is coming from intel agencies

>how do you guys cope with being the smartest person in your immediate family/friends?

>implying i am

Maybe a bit nihilist and my sense of humor sure is wicked, but tell me why should I be sad about stupid arguments that ain't gonna change?

Yep, they did

If he builds it the oil companies will have him killed. Your dad's not retarded his life is in danger

I eat cookie dough batter with my fingers and smear it on the walls. Makes Mom madder than hell buts it's the only way to teach her cause and effect. Do what i do, hide under the bed till everyones gone then come out and do what you want. Soon as I hear a car door outside I skuttle butt for the bed.

My entire family seems to be kinda smart but don't have anything amazing to show for it. Everyone, including my grandparents on both sides, is college educated though so they're not dumb, just underachieving. I blame communism.

>t. sheep doing exactly what the CIA wants

You fucking deal with it and limit conversation to dull subjects while around normies. Talk about sports or something and when people mention retarded shit that they whole heartedly believe just smile and nod. Dont talk about shit like quantum mechanics unless the other party has shown themselves to be interested and have moderate knowledge of the subject. Its not this “uh nobody understands me because im a genius” lifestyle like brainlets like to claim. It may be boring at times but it just makes the times when you connect with someone intellectually all the more magical. Talk to morons like you are talking to children, just minus the fake surprise.