>slack off in high school
>manage 5s on ap calc and physics anyway
>go to all white high school
>less than 5 pajeets or chinks in all my classes combined
>spend my free time doing whatever the fuck i want wherever i want
>rarely study, get over a 4 gpa anyway
fast forward
>going to t15 school for math+physics
>freshmen 1 physics (they made me take it even with a 5 ap test) and calc 3 are saturated with engie brainlets taking stims and studying their ass off
>ace it easily
>get to real physics classes now
>theres maybe 3 other white kids and dozens of pajeets and chinks
>wonder how the fuck my white christmas has been turned dark
>start talking to pajeets n chinks
>they have fucking everything memorized
>know every formula and every example by heart
>be in mechanics
>pajeets n chinks memorize every question in the damn book
>know every little "trick" and insight, know when to use what integration methods, know how to reformat equations to be workable
>theyre keeping up with my grades
fucking bullshit
>finally get a hard professor
>advanced electromag
>professor is a fucking mad genius who does not give a fuck, he just solves every problem instantly
>finally tests arent just regurgitated textbook problems
>require problem solving and thinking critically
>pajeet and chinks are dumbfounded
>think they just have to "study" (meaning memorize more problems) more
>they start getting Bs
>mfw the white man wins again
>just kidding, dont really give a fuck about race

Anyone else notice this? Why is science turning into memorization wars? Seriously, almost everyone in my physics courses spends their time studying by memorizing shit like an autist. Is science devoid of creative problem solvers? Why is this?

I feel you man. Going to school with only chings and chongs, still whooping them in math class for the same reasons and if you take a look at grad courses the distribution changes from 99:1 asain/indian vs normal to 4:6 because turns out you need to actually think for math and physics.

>>think they just have to "study" (meaning memorize more problems) more
This. I've noticed that problems in physics books are completely useless to people who actually know how to succeed in physics. All the problems simply function as a way to memorize situations in order to regurgitate them on exams.

Anyone who bothers with them is most likely an idiot. I'm glad your professor is putting them in their place.

You're fucking cool. So, how are you supposed to study if not by doing problems?

Or are you all big-brained geniuses with 170 IQs?

Nah man, you just brainlet compared to everyone here

Also I've got over 170, brainlet.

I don't get what doing problems does, either you can

>prides himself on not studying
Never gonna make it.

or you cant.

>over 170
yeah i'm sure, rasheed

Don't listen to these chinks OP, lets face it, they have no talent. They only way they can beat talent is if they study 100x as hard.

>undergrad bragging about being a genius

Don't call me indian you bastard brainlet. I kill there study habits by talent alone

Because most people don't know what it really means to learn, its not something new though, since a lot of teachers are like this, maybe since there's such a huge push for education means this happens more often? since well, more students? still, actually learning is a lot better, but you need to work a lot.

"learning" is just a code-word for memorization. i knew how to do these problems the moment I saw the formulae

if you actually have to study i feel so very bad for you

then donald trump walked in and everyone clamped

Op are your parents doctors? Its in the genes man. Your parents must be smart

"I have so much potential" how about you shut the fuck up and get to study? "potential" without hard work means shit.

Impressive, but not massively so. I don't even bother going to lecture, really. Most of the problems on tests can be thought through with only knowing the absolute utter basics.

I tend to derive the equations during the tests that the subhumans you mentioned tend to memorize. So, all in all, throughout a semester, I probably study and attend lecture for a class for roughly 8 hours (3 for the midterm,3 for the final, and 2 hours total studying spread out over 12 or 13 weeks)

Gives me plenty of time to play video games.

True. In math/phys its mainly natural talent at the high-high levels. Chings chongs and guptas dont have it and try to fake it via work. Only works up to a point but then at grad level it becomes apparent.

hard work is literally for fucking retards hahaha
even my professor makes fun of people who study all the time. everything in physics and math is intuitive if you aren't a brainlet

Truuuuuuueeeee

I never study

This thread is embarrassing as a grad student.

if you are not able to see the difference you still have a lot to learn, unless of course you are an engineer or something like that, in which case you are right, just memorizing stuff is enough.

are you a ping pony or a rasheed?

If you go to lecture, you study. I don't even go to lecture, and the only times I "study" are for cursory glances through the book. I never do a single problem.

Yeah man. /thread its in the genes, go thank your parents. height smarts and everything comes your parents. cause a person who is 6'6" probably has a mother who is 6'1" and father who is 6'3". its always in the genes no matter what

This is a meme thread made by retards to try and trick people into the "only idiots study lmao" mentality, don't fall for it, keep studying.

Actually may not even parents that much, more I think just a roll of the mutation die. Parents help, many studies for IQ prove that.

I'll tell you one thing, geniuses don't need to study.

But it's true. Only retards bother studying. I can actually accurately predict how successful people will be in higher level classes based on how much they tend to study.

Those who bother to do more problems than those that are required and assigned? They're completely fucked for higher level physics and math. I haven't seen a single one get an A in hard upper divs, and will never get into top 30 grad schools.

Listen, I get it. You want to study physics but you're smart enough. I'm not athletic in the slightest, and I'm a hyper-autist who is scared of social interactions. (albeit less so these days since I've found I'm superior to 99% of people)

There's stuff that we're good at, and stuff that we're not good at. You can't force the latter to change.

The only legit160+ IQ people I know tend to study out of love for the subject.

130 to 140s tend to act like you.

Exactly, best thing in life is find the thing you are naturally 1 in (10?,100?) milllion and work hard to be the best.

This. LARPing undergrads were a mistake.

But they dont study coursework is my point.

I have no natural talents. 19 and haven't found anything I'm truly in the 99th percentile for, even if it's something trivial like gardening.

I dont think youve looked hard enough.

They actually do, but they focus on brain teasers and harder problems in the books, for fun.

lol they're not geniuses then

Ok, but were arguing over semantics here, the point is 160+ already know the coursework or easily figure it out on their own, like me.

>(albeit less so these days since I've found I'm superior to 99% of people)
Excellent coping mechanism.

>180 iq
>skip 40% of my all AP classes to play team fortress 2
>teachers don't give a fuck because I get perfect scores on their tests
>go to class and see chinks crying over low test scores
>teacher gives lecture saying they should try to be more like me
>literally showed up high to class that day
>get accepted to t1 school
>Mensa and macarthur prize winners complaining about homework assignments
>turn in exam, perfect score
>hot koreans ask if they can study with me
>have a threesome with them night before test, no studying
>get perfect score
>they both fail miserably
>mfw they want to "study" with me again

I feel bad for people who just try to memorize the questions lol

What are your parents job?
see

Not him but I just read textbooks and look at proofs and derivations of formulae. I'm pretty well off in my physics classes. If you have a good understanding of math and good intuition with applying it then you'll have no need to practice desu.

>I'm superior to 99% of people
I stopped thinking this way since I usually consider how important a person as how hard they work

this is bullshit
you can't memorize your way through everything, it's actually easier to just have an understanding and look up what you need to know
but idk I'm not taking physics or anything hard so

>I stopped thinking this way since I usually consider how important a person as how hard they work
really because I think the exact opposite

My mom worked as a secretary and my dad is a security guard. Mom died when I was 6

What are you studying?

Uh, just understand stuff?

Math through calc and even diffeq to some extent is something you can get away with by just memorizing shit, wait till you get big boy math like real analysis, complex analysis and abstract algebra.

You haven't taken any real classes, then

lol, wait until grad school. Memorization fags will be purged, but you'll also need to spend significantly more time working on problem solving. It's not that you won't understand the methods being taught to you, but unless you slave over that book you'll be extremely inefficient in recognizing solution patterns.

It's just the way Asians treat education in general. It's an easy exploit to memorise shit and do well in tests and to be quite honest, there's nothing actually wrong with having knowledge on-hand gained from pure memorisation.

Of course, it does take creativity to become an actual scientist but having the fundamentals memorised is as good an advantage as any since it sets a baseline from which you can start asking questions from and do your research.

tl;dr: even brainlets are allowed to become scientists if they work hard enough.

i won't have any trouble since i literally have a 170 something iq

nah he's right, everyone in my MIT program struggled at first too. Grad school is just that hard.

Because most of your professors are memory autists, that's how you end up with women and sandniggers teaching you.

It's a vicous cycle.

I like roleplaying too

this is bad bait and yet still people will reply lol

why is Veeky Forums so easy to bait with these threads

you must be 18+ old to post on Veeky Forums

their*

>less than 5 pajeets or chinks in all my classes combined
>theres maybe 3 other white kids and dozens of pajeets and chinks
>start talking to pajeets n chinks
>pajeet and chinks are dumbfounded
>just kidding, dont really give a fuck about race
hmm

Lol RIP. If your IQ was actually that high, you'd know the number, my dude. Why would you forget it considering you seem to call upon it so frequently as proof of your superiority. You must go to a shit-tier university that does nothing difficult. Please list your text per course.

I feel you, user. Not that I care, but it's pathetic how average students get treated like geniuses in high by wasting their time memorizing brainlet-tier "science"

2/8 for making me reply.

Have a (You).

I don't understand what's wrong with studying. Yeah, its great if you are born with a super high IQ and you don't have to, but why resign yourself to a life of mediocrity if you aren't born that way?

this so much hahahaha

This thread is awful

>a persons importance is defined by how much work they do
WHAT YEAR IS IT?

I don't care if this thread is 100% bullshit. I don't even care if anyone reads this. It's just something I'm very insecure about and I want to get it off my chest.
I'm the memo pajeet, except I'm white. All my studies have been like this ever since I was little. The way the education system is at the moment, it encourages this kind behavior. But what is worse, I'm not even good at it. I don't try-hard like you say those chinks do. I just work the bare minimum to score all A- or B+ and that's it.
And it doesn't hold on anymore. I failed my uni entrance because od this shit, had to go with plan B. Worked about 3 books worth of exercises for 7-8 months straight. 20% of the exam was impossible to solve through memorization alone. I'm finishing undergrad this year and I fear for my future. And this is CS, mind you. I'm ashamed of everything I represent and I hate every single time someone asks me what I'm studying because I know. They don't, but I do. I'm a hack, and always will be.

You have my condolences, user. Could you give some examples of the types of problems you struggle with?

I know that feel bro. You're right, it's just simply a product of the modern education system and kids like you end up exploiting the system while learning nothing. Start learning for your own sake to improve yourself and you'll be just as good as anyone with proper education.
People will appreciate your work ethic even if you're a brainlet because you actually care about your work unlike the geniuses. Your results don't have to be good to learn work ethic.

>>think they just have to "study" (meaning memorize more problems) more
fucking this.

iq
loled

For example, said uni entrance exam was part math, part physics. Every year, they change them up so one of them is much harder, while the other is pure memorization. That year, it was the physics part that was harder. This means basic electricity, basic thermodynamics and basic newtonian mechanics. I never bothered understanding the material, and there lies the bigger problem (I though I could just practice exercises untill I've remembered every single type). If anything fell outside my fragile model, I would be completely lost. And it happened. Meanwhile, I could've aced trig and come up with any formula on the spot without having to memorize them, because trigonometry was something I actually understood. Same goes for derivatives. Didn't really get integrals all that well. But guess what, the math was 100% textbook shit. The math part didn't matter with such high competition.
So I guess there was this exercise with lots of resistors, and you had to simplify the scheme to a equivalent one. You know the stuff, parallel, sequential, star-triangle etc. the scheme was all kinds of fucked-up and I couldn't apply any of my pre-learned rules to solve it. That would be one example. I don't even remember the rest, it was almost 4 years ago. Another one from uni would be pretty much anything probability-related. Every time I think I understand something, something comes along and just confuses me. I thought the mean of a random variable was easy, for continuous it's a surface i.e. integral, otherwise it's an average over the values * probabilities. Then I saw those formulas tgat take the mean of a mean, or how some means are treated like random variables. And I have no motivation, I just kind of give up trying to understand, not because it's physically impossible no matter how much time I invest, but because it feels boring and stressful and unintuitive. So I just do my homeworks like a good goy, memorize the patterns and hope for the best come exam day.

Sorry for mistakes, it's late on this side of the world and I shouls go to bed.

I've thought about that doing it for your own sake thing, it seems the only good option. Perhaps it really is the only reliable one.

You sound like a massive asswipe. Kill yourself.

This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard, please stfu you lying cunt.
There is no way you can just conjure up textbooks worth of knowledge on the exam.

If you knew the rules for finding the equivalent resistance, how were you unable to solve it?

This is for basic circuit theory, right? Are there special scenarios I don't know about?

Infinite resistor circuits could be pretty mean for someone straight out of high school.

sounds like somebody is jealous they aren't smart enough to watch rick and morty

Take a (you)

he's probably taken multiple tests and gotten into the 170s on a few so he doesn't pick one number in particular, why don't you lay off him ok bully?