What book would someone read to be instant boyfriend material to you? Ulysses or 120 days of sodom

What book would someone read to be instant boyfriend material to you? Ulysses or 120 days of sodom.

Anything from Saramago

Steppenwolf for a boyfriend. Also House on the Borderlands to show he has a similar fun side as me.

Girlfriend, anything that isn't YA cough john green cough and also not exclusively feminist literature. If she read faulkner, that'd be pretty hot.

bump

Confessions of a mask, desu

>House on the Borderlands
Hilarious.

h-hello

oh i'm sorry, i forgot where i was.

What is house on the borderlands, who is it by? I see a book by 3 different authors called house on the borderlands on goodreads.

William Hope Hodgson.

If he/she read and understood Thus Spoke Zarathustra, then I'm set.

I went on a mission to find the House once, poring over old maps and the like before heading out to scour the west of Ireland countryside. Good times. (I didn't find the transdimensional portal inhabited by pig-demons, obviously)

Homer in the original Greek or anything by Nietzsche (pumped up manly bf's for the win)

How to find lit bf when most homosex are fiercely anti intellectual?

you wat nigger
western civilization is fucxing founded on boipussi

Hodgson. it's an influence for Lovecraft's stories.

bummer, that's the best part!

gay patrician and lit lover here

moar pictures pls
it's hot

Someone wants to be dominated

I'm here

tfw no cute lit boyfriend. How come all the gay people I meet seem to be these vapid brainless hives? I want a cute, well spoken, well read boyfriend, who actually has some style and intelligence. Why is it so hard to find gay people like that? It's funny because gay people are stereotyped as being smarted than average (I remember hearing that statistic from a ted talk on why homosexuality makes sense from an evolutionary perspective), but I never find these people.

Where do I have to go? I imagine that you're not going to find that sort of amazing authentic person on a place like okcupid. I am going back to college in the fall, but I doubt that I am going to be able to find cute guys who are also intelligent there. My lgbt center in my area didn't even have guys who visited the 20 year olds meeting group.

Fuck, it's so depressing. It's gotten to the point where it makes me sick when I hear about other people and their relationships.

Please be my bf/gf

>all the gay people I meet seem to be these vapid brainless hives
>evolutionary biology
>ted talk
You're one of them.

So I'm just delusional and I haven't met a ton of really vapid gay people. Okay. Fuck you.

Eyyyy I read that shit

I said you're one of them, not that that you've never met a ton of really vapid gay people. Try reading a book, ted talks won't help you with your reading comprehension.

I do read you piece of shit. Kill yourself.

You're easy to trigger. Need a safe space?

Yes daddy.

Some insight into this conversation:

Over a decade ago I spent a lot of time in the gay.com chatrooms. These were mostly rooms according to area, since it was mostly for seedy urges, but some of the rooms were classified according to the type of person that was supposed to be there. These ranged from Asian to Intellectual, I think there was an Outdoorsy one. At the time, I had an Asian fetish (oddly, don't really have it anymore), but every time I went to the Asian room it was just a bunch of old (usually fat) white guys. I don't think I ever saw an Asian guy in the room, ever.

Now, the same thing happened with the Intellectual room. It was wall-to-wall with really obnoxious morons. They weren't there because they were intellectuals. They were there because they wanted an intellectual.

>every time I went to the Asian room it was just a bunch of old (usually fat) white guys
sounds like pedos wanting to get a preteen lookin asian

also nice quads

>If she read faulkner, that'd be pretty hot.
agreed

What if I'm smol and thought Nietzsche was meh?

Oh they're around, just typically shy and nervous.

well read women suck honestly theyre not cool to hang around mostly pigheaded types

you get all that faggy idealization you see on lit and mu regarding moderately attractive women with similair interests its very naive pathetic shit

a lot of you guys probably have this madonna whore complex from staying on this site too long which is why youre all into traps and dudes now

but if a dude read some thurber and salinger id fuck his twink ass

What book should I be reading in public to be identifiable as cute lit guy boyfriend material?
Same way other way around, by which books do I recognize cute lit boyfriend potential?
Thought about it for 10 seconds and thought, if I ever see a guy my age reading a classc novel in public that should be identity enough for me to know he is gay...

Something by Genet or Mishima 2 b h.

Mostly patrician post until you mentioned salinger

t. pleb who's never read esme or uncle wiggily

No, you revealed yourself to be a pleb when you made this post. The patrician authors who were around when Salinger's work was published tended to love his work.

Hi, I'm 19 and gay. I like literature of all kind. I need a bf who shares my taste in books.

Please >:(

What books do you like?

fuck off back to reading the rainbow stories

As said here my favourite author is Saramago. I read a lot, although it has been a while since I've read literature (a lot of non-fiction because of college). I started reading more "serious" lit when I was 17, so I'm probably what Veeky Forums considers a pseud. Some other authors I like: Dosto, Salinger, Max Blecher, Machado de Assis, Graciliano Ramos, Camus, Sartre.

Guess that's it.

gays are anti-intellectual? i mean there's surely a lot of vapid skanks out there but it's more like a-intellectualism

Where from, senpai?

I'll let you suck my dick but no kissing.

i have a theory your cute little boyfriend is hard to find bc that kind of personality can't fit in with the twinkie fags and theres no real outlet for cute innocent burgeoning nazi love outside of rampant faggotry except becoming a furry. the furry community is heinous af and is a coping mechanism--its participants know this isnt exactly how their "feelings" should be expressed but stick to it as it is the only thing that they have. I think with this new generation well see less over faggotry and more right-wing sobering in which the furry community can slowly come out of their sweaty suits and embrace each other in a mature true real way. just as plato intended.

I'm from Brazil user
you probably ran away after reading this

gimmie ur kik gayboi

I'm the sort of shy, quiet gay guy you guys are looking for. But I'm a fat fuck, so who gives a shit.

I'd agree with you and say classics are your best bet. If you see a cute guy reading a book ask him if it's any good just strike up a conversation.

>Gays want intellectuals
Yeah sure

starting conversations with random people is for oddballs though

>you probably ran away after reading this

Giovanni's Room or Genet might get the message across.

How do you feel when someone seemingly randomly makes a comment at you or says a funny simple joke?
Semi good at least right?
And most likely don't think too negatively of them.
It is a good thing to be.

not when i do it

We live in a world where reading books yourself is odd. Also people don't generally care if you ask them openly about something they have an interest in.

you saying you Are awkward or you feel awkward even if it went somehow OK?

I'm from Brazil too. Porto Alegre.

Now kiss Hueanons

He'll probably be from some shithole up north, I bet it senpai

I'm from SP, user. I live near the capital.
what books do you like? Also, how old are you?

Nah my man, I'm white. Or as white as one can be, being hue

18. I'm into politics, economics, philosophy and a decent amount of fiction. Are you hu-white?

As said here , yes.
are you a lefty?

no

also how to do spoilers, I am far too thick for this sophistry

FAQ

[.spoiler] without the dots [/spoiler]

>tfw no insuperior bf to educate

I'm also not a lefty. You seem nice user, wanna talk later?

seriously why do newfags out themselves so willingly?

>insuperior

you shouldnt be educating anyone pal

thanks

I still have to read the middle third of 120 days of sodom, I may take it back up again soon.

I'm realizing for multiple reasons that I just plain have to read the Homeric poems as prerequisites to other things (a comment by way of the other meme).

Sure.

A-anyone around 19 near/in New York City? I want to cuddle someone while we read each other passages of "The Anatomy of Melancholy."

How?

I have no idea.

>120 days of sodom
pls save urself and don't

They'll get there one day sempai we were all new at some point.

Post kik, I'll speak in huezil so you'll know it's me. Or snap or whatever

>having a boyfriend/girlfriend
not lit at all, how exactly are you supposed to shun sleep and stay up almost if not all night long and feel yourself losing your mind if you have a tight pussy/boipuccy calling for you before midnight? for shame

Am I the only cisgendered heteronormative individual on this fucking board?
>tfw no qt sci-fi gf who hates nerds as much as you do but loves sci-fi as much as you do
>tfw you don't come home from a long day arguing about concepts and making important decisions to discuss all the reasons Stellaris sucks with your qt sf gf while watching The Expanse

you're also a newfag.
No oldfriend would be this nice

>But I like the welcoming attitude

I don't use kik and I can't share my snap username :x

Not really new I just try to be optimistic and polite instead of some cynical asshole like the other 99% of 4chin is.

appreciate the effort

Why don't you just make a throwaway email?

>>>/reddit/

Anything by Mishima or Spinoza desu

Why don't you go brood alone somewhere else like you do every night user? I'm sure you'll enjoy that.

Well, my snap is joseee175. I'm not going to expose your snap.

[email protected]

Be quick.

Are you b8ing me or do you not know that this is the sort of place where people brood?

Not him was just suggesting

>il/lit/erates collectively teasing a young uninitiated gayboi
Oh damn, didn't realise tonight was /soc/ night

>not having a long-distance literate qt
Best of both worlds, all of the strained discussion with none of the distracting physical validation