Two sentence book summaries

Camus, Myth of Sisyphus: Life is one big game to be played; Make the most of that game, but always keep in mind it is still just a game.

You completely misread the book.

Are you fucking serious

Kafka: The Metamorphosis. Stear clear of apples and bugs

>You completely misread the book.

I don't think he did. Camus argues you should accept life's absurdity and co front it by living to obtain the most experiences as possible. Him saying life is a "game" is equivalent to calling it absurd, and Camus does argue that we should enjoy it but recognize its absurdity.

we should think that op is a faggot

Assuming you're not OP just pretending to be a third party sticking up for his retarded reading comprehension, I'll help you both out:

Absurdity means not just that life is meaningless but that there is a futility to living. The essay, after all, is about "the problem of suicide."

Your reading is very lazy and childish. This is most displayed by the fact that he compares it to the myth of Sisyphus, which is hardly a "game," nor anything which Sisyphus should be aware is "still just a game".

There used to be smart people who actually read on this board.

we must imagine op a faggot

I don't understand why you guys are getting angry at OP for his personal interpretation of a book? Could it be that sometimes, individuals with different experiences and perspectives can read the same book but come out with a different comprehension? Why are you getting so mad that his interpretation of the book differs from yours? Is there even a right or wrong understanding of a book?

An interpretation that cannot be supported by the text is, indeed, a "wrong understanding of [the] book."

The book itself is fiction, how can there be a wrong interpretation?

The book is an essay and not fiction.
Please read the book or fuck off.

Because it's a philosophical essay that is very straightforward. It's not like Hegel where interpretations and translations matter.

Why would you comment here if you clearly haven't read the book nor are a good readee from what I can tell?

The cat in the hat Dr suess. The ability to progress is a measured degree of linear destruction tied objective tiers of existence. It's a three dimensional look at objective morality

Finnegans Wake: He he. Tee hee. Ha!

Camus, The Stranger: Oh, well.

I'm an übermensch. No I'm not.

Stoner: And what did you expect?

Heart of Darkness: Was that me? Is that us? Fuck.

Iliad: Give glory or win it; it alone endures onto the next generation of leaves.

Should I read the stranger or the myth of Sisyphus first?

Mythologies, Barthes: Here are some common symbols in our newly formed pop-culture that seem enduring, insidious, or deceptively banal.

>also they're weapons being used against the proletariat

This one made laugh, so cudos to you.

Pretty much yeah

The Stranger
You're probably going to be bored by Sisyphus if you have a decent original position on not killing yourself. The Stranger humanizes these absurdist ideals

Not OP nor the other user but Im pretty sure their reading is accurate and yours on the other hand is vague and pretentious