Ok Veeky Forums my future is in your hands

>Ok Veeky Forums my future is in your hands.

Should I take the plunge?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DwfxuQtgGE0
wikileaks.com/wiki/Scientology_cult_Hubbard_Class_VIII_Xenu_transcripts_1968
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I liked Fair game by Steve Cannane more but Going Clear is more thorough.

Thanks my elucidated user friend.

What a wonderful coincidence! I'm about to start reading this as well.

READ. HUBBARD.

You should read Dianetics instead. Why not check out what Scientology is actually all about before reading criticism of it?

>Why not check out what Scientology is actually all about before reading criticism of it?

I can see the logic of that but there are two compelling reasons I can think of.

1. Hubbard's books on dianetics are only introductory, and not even iniatory. You won't get access to the iniatted material (The Xenu Myth) without paying thousands of dollars. It's safe to assume that whatever Hubbard's intentions, today his books only function as an advertising come-on. You don't get the full picture from such books.

2. You won't get a proper historical understand of the Church, nor its heinous crimes including torture, false imprisonment, blackmail, fraud, the framing of journalists for crimes they didn't commit, tax evasion, infiltration of the US Government. Beyond those crimes, you won't get an understanding of the cult's techniques for exerting legal, if immoral, psychological control over it's members.

Because of this, I'd actually recommend reading the secondary literature first, then reading Hubbard if you're still interested.

I've heard this Xenu stuff before but its bullshit. People just make shit up because it makes for a good story. There are a lot of disgruntled ex-members and they can't be trusted because why didn't they complain about false imprisonment or blackmail while they're still members? Were they lying then or are they lying now? If they were lying then than why should they be trusted now? On top of any personal grudge they have a serious financial incentive to make up lies about Scientology. Most of the critics are raking in money with TV shows and book deals. Of all these people that come out and criticize the church there is never hard evidence to back it up. I wonder why that is?

Oh my god an actual scientologist showed up

I'm not even a Scientologist. I just try to be a free thinker who doesn't let the crowd dictate what I think about things. I put in the work and studied Scientology for a bit and I saw how much good they do in the world. They do all kinds of disaster relief, drug rehabilitation, and education work but for some reason there's a lot of people who don't want whats best for the world. Not just that but there are people who actively seek destruction and what better way to do that than to bring down an organization that does so much good?

Yeah but the Xenu myth has been proven over and over again that that's what Scientologists actually believe.

I too studied into Scientology and couldn't afford the classes they were pushing on me. I work 50 hours a week from my job. Every class takes at least 2 days. You can't skip a day, you can't reschedule. Even at an introductory level they wanted me to drop EVERYTHING for the classes.

Uh no they don't. I should know, I have a few friends that are Scientologists and have been for years and they don't know anything about it. I've looked into myself and it's not in any of Hubbard's books.

Dude you can take introductory classes online for free at your own pace. You're so full of shit.

If you're actually interested in learning about Scientology and the philosophy behind it I recommend starting with these:

Self Analysis
A New Slant on Life
The Fundamentals of Thought

Not funny enough to be bait so must be some sad people in this thread

You guys are in such a crazy anti-Scientology bubble that the appearance of a single non conforming person is enough to enturbulate you. You're projecting your own insecurities on other people. You accuse others of being sad because that's what you are. Get yourself sorted out.

Yeah, but not the ones at the Atlanta center. Go to their website right now and every single one costs at least $200. Those free online courses don't even scratch the surface of what they offer at the real classes man. I was this close from stepping down in my position for something with less hours to go to the Atlanta center. Don't tell me I'm full of shit.

They keep it from you until OTIII. If you ask a higher member they WILL deny it until you too are OTIII. At what point did you people stop understanding that it's a cult with dumb 70s sci fi tropes at its core? What about the recorded audio of Hubbard DESCRIBING the xenu myth?

I legitimately want to be a Scientologist but can't find any evidence that they're good people or a good community.

Look at those teeth of the Messiah.

So most of them don't know about it and the ones that do will deny all knowledge. That's very convenient. You could make up anything about any group using that line of thought. How about this, every leader in the Vatican is secretly an alien. Most Catholics don't know about it and the ones that do will deny all knowledge of it. See? It's stupid.

Then why don't all ex-Vatican members spread exactly the same lie about Aliens?

Karen is that you?

I am ex-Vatican and I'm telling you they are aliens.

Unlike you, the ex-Scientology members with exactly the same story have proof they were ex-Scientologists.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DwfxuQtgGE0

Here L Ron himself confirming the Xenu story.

Isaac Asimov, Harlan Ellison, James Randi, and others have all claimed to be at get togethers of SF writers in which LRH discussed creating a religion to make money

People see critics raking in money by perpetuating stupid lies and they repeat it.

They're not making money from it though, they're demonstrably destitute.

wikileaks.com/wiki/Scientology_cult_Hubbard_Class_VIII_Xenu_transcripts_1968

Here's leaked documents of the OTIII procedure.

Give me a minute and I'll find the court cases too.

It is a crude form of psychoanalysis using a galvanometer
In order to avoid taxes a religion was formed around it

A science fiction author telling a story about aliens. STOP THE PRESSES. It has nothing to do with Scientology.

You don't get to Xenu until you reach OT III
that is very far along 'the bridge' you are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars of counselling sessions, seminars, books, and recordings

Sorry it's in an image but there ya go.

I do understand that if you are in scientology you're worried you'll get sick or something if you admit that's Xenu is real.

You're not fooling anyone.

Yeah I'm familiar with it. This is why the Xenu myth has stuck around. Hubbard was a prolific science fiction writer and the Xenu stuff was just an unrelated part of his writings that was brought up during trial. It has nothing to do with Scientology.

Reincarnation and Space Opera is at the core of the beliefs revealed in the Operating Thetan level material
Don't fucking lie
All this stuff is out in the public domain go look it up it is well documented
And stop trolling too

I think you're the only one left in the world that doesn't believe the Xenu story.

Gullible.

How mad are you with what's happening in Tennessee at the moment?

Bro, I thought he was for real. I took the bait too easily.

Then why should we believe anything else he says Le ironically contrarian man

Well if it's on the internet it HAS to be true. Nobody would ever tell a lie on the internet or make up some official looking documents to make an organization look bad.

What about it? That stories not even related to Scientology itself. It's some stupid fringe group and they've rightfully been arrested. Do you people hold the pope accountable everything some stupid Christian group does? Why the different standard?

>Bro, I thought a real scientologist was just lurking on Veeky Forums waiting for the of chance a discussion about hub showed up

Well you have to be able to recognize the difference between fiction and science.

>well if someone is defending it on the Internet they HAVE to be true. Nobody ever jokingly defending something they don't believe in for shits and giggles.

Bro. I'm not a smart man.

I'm not telling you to take my word for it. Study Scientology for yourself and see what it actually is about.

I did.

It's about money.

At least the normal religions call it tithe or something, and you don't have to pay a cent.

How much have you spent on Scientology?