Friendship and love

I feel like it's impossible to make genuine friends as an adult.

It's as if the entire industrialized world is backwards.

When I encounter small children, I always notice the absolutely incredible state that they're in which is bonding. They bond to integrate into a tribe, and it's something that's only apparent in very small children (1-6)

I know, as an adult man, I'm capable of kicking a child's head in and feeling nothing at all if I had to, but I'd be incapable of doing it to someone I've bonded with.

It's strange, but how could it be possible for two adults that think in such a way to be true friends? How could people with such "evil" (something you shouldn't know about because you shouldn't be interacting with other tribes on a consistent basis) be good company to one another?

It is a natural consequence of the disruption of the human habitat (hunter-gatherer society).

I love my nuclear family, but this love isn't shared with others.

Are there any studies that support this hypothesis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_CF9DhF0xM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People like you who take the most reductionist possible interpretation of evolutionary psychology are why lefties can get away with attacking it. Virtually every line of this comes from a just-so assertion you don't even superficially challenge.

Just take the claim, "[Small children] bond to integrate into a tribe." Is it plausible? Sure. But we can construct plenty of plausible explanations--their bonding behavior is only to extract resources from the people they're dependent on until they can support themselves. Or, bonding is stronger in young children because they need to learn from as many individuals as they can. Or, their bonding appears stronger not because adults can't bond, but because children have not yet learned the necessary skill of social caution.

>I feel like it's impossible to make genuine friends as an adult.
>I love my nuclear family, but this love isn't shared with others.

If you had any goals and weren't so autismal that you could actually meet other people who share them, you would discover that adults do indeed form meaningful friendships. When you're a consumerist nihilist, then of course there's nothing to bond with someone over.

>I know, as an adult man, I'm capable of kicking a child's head in and feeling nothing at all if I had to, but I'd be incapable of doing it to someone I've bonded with
see that's not normal

what a fucking idiot, this is super cringey

no, it's not

I don't know if you're just trying to get a rise out of us, but kicking a child's head in is bad m'kay

Fuck off normalshit

I usually make friends easily when I try. Most of the time I don't try though.

When I try to make friends with someone and they reject me - that's when I'm forced to add them to my list.

Thumbs up :)

Disprove it first.

>It's not normal to ask questions and receive answers even if they're answers you don't like

People committed infanticide on the fly in the past.

>I'm capable of kicking a child's head in and feeling nothing at all
Nobody cares. Grow up.
sage.

youtube.com/watch?v=u_CF9DhF0xM

>How could people with such "evil" (something you shouldn't know about because you shouldn't be interacting with other tribes on a consistent basis)
What did thou mean by this? Primitive tribesmen definitely have a concept of evil, maybe not the same as ours but they have social taboos and understand malice.

Primitive tribesmen had a conception of evil, but they never knew how empty they could feel toward their fellow man because they were heavily bonded like a nuclear family.

I'm stating that indifference to the point of human-to-object is evil.

Get up, get out, and get something

>I feel like it's impossible to make genuine friends as an adult
>I know, as an adult man, I'm capable of kicking a child's head in and feeling nothing at all if I had to, but I'd be incapable of doing it to someone I've bonded with.
No wonder why you aren't able of making true friends, psycho

There is a complete logical reason why we developed morality. I suggest you read up on what happened to truly dissagreable members of the tribe (if they somehow managed to find one). Your inability to make friends with someone outside of your imediate family is a sign of your low agreeableness. You remind me of a cousin who only loves and is loved by his single mother. A pure shitbag that i would strangle to death if not for the cops

>People committed infanticide in the past
>THEREFORE IT LOGICALLY FOLLOWS THAT it's normal to kick a child's head in and feel nothing at all

>It's as if the entire industrialized world is backwards.
It is, but that's not what you're asking.

Your concept of tribalism is outdated. Nuclear families aren't a tribe. They're a clan, if that.

Modern tribes are, for example, individual universities. With alumni and so on. A continuous communal group. Abstracted from breeding patterns, which you are now aware you had no basis to assume had been relevant to ancient tribes.