Brontë

So I know that this board has a compulsive aversion to the Brontë sisters and female writers in general, but I still had to ask:

Wuthering Heighs, or Jane Eyre?

their both shit, let's face it woman authors are simply inferior to the white man of rationality and logic and redpillianism
don't be cuck really, women destroyed the west they simply shouldnt be involved in art or politics because their too emotional and simply arent as ontologically 'there' as white men.

Ah okay

I hate to join the meme majority, but I'm pretty sure Bronte is everything wrong with female authors and readers
>have female coworker
>only decently read, not self-absorbed female I've met
>have literature discussions occasionally, mostly on fiction works
>even got to explain to her how shit Gatsby is without her taking it as some direct emotional attack
>about two weeks ago she reread Jane Eyre
>Suddenly she can't stop namedropping Jane Eyre and how awesome Jane Eyre is even outside of literary conversations
It's like the book is just 'Pseudointellectualism for Lonely Women'

Reminder that they hated Jane Austen, which I consider proof of Austen's patrician status.

There simply cannot be any doubt that the two of us are simply superior to women

I thought Jane Eyre was shit; so when I read Wuthering Heights and enjoyed it, I was very surprised.

I couldn't finish Jane Eyre, I lost the drive after I got to Saint John and his sisters.

>Thinking Gatsby is shit.

Must feel good to live so close to the edge, man.

Wuthering Heights is one of the greatest works of literature of the 19th C, and one of the best examples of Gothic literature. Charlotte Bronte is shit though, and is only remembered as a meme, carried by Emily.

If you can't accept the genius of Wuthering Heights, you must come to terms with the fact that you're a low IQ brainlet.

Still, Wuthering Heights isn't on the same level as Austen.

>because a single woman got swept up in a book the author is to blame

Do you realize how retarded you sound?

>thinking Gatsby being shit is an 'edgy' opinion
Gatsby was shit on by even his contemporaries. His modern popularity is the result of clever marketing during the post-Depression era to profit on the large demand for escapist Americana. He was a failed author and a failed screenwriter who took hundreds of hours of painstaking work to produce novels of blatant self-insertion with little to no real point aside from masturbating his ego to make up for the fact that he never got to join the cool kids club with the rest of the Lost Generation.

burn the coal pay the toll

You'll forgive me for personifying the author herself through her work; I have nothing against the woman herself but her work and subsequently her audience are just cancerous.

>Gatsby was shit on by even his contemporaries

But so was a lot of great literature. The prose in Gatsby is great. IMO opinion there's no denying that the man had talent.

You don't have to like the book, but it's retarded to say it's absolutely shit. It's a well written and thematically coherent book. There are tons of novels which are lauded over and over which are far worse.

Holy shit.

>Love never dies

That's not what the novels about at all. How could you plaster such a platitude and such an obviously deeply cynical book?

I stand with you user, and fuck the cunts who say otherwise.

>Also Eyre

i dunno man that book seemed pretty good to me.

Don't bother with the book, just play the game;

greatgatsbygame (dot) com

I don't think people get that she was making fun of that sort of romanticism. (The "Bella and Edward's favourite book" sticker is kind of a tipoff).

>It's a well written and thematically coherent book.
If purple prose and lack of consequence for its tableau caricatures is considered good writing and thematic coherence, sure.
>There are tons of novels which are lauded over and over which are far worse.
Literally not an argument

To be clear, Gatsby is really pretty prose but it's deep, deep purple and a product of a ridiculously long refinement and editing process that took Fitzgerald dozens if not hundreds of hours - and the final result is almost entirely pointless dicking around by bourgeois unlikable or unempathetic snobs, limpwristed social commentary limited entirely to Fitzgerald's social class, and a retarded Deus Ex Machina ending.

The ash yard is the only aesthetically interesting point in the text and it comes so far out of left field and remains so distanced from the core text one has to assume it purposefully atonal

What I liked most about Wuthering Heights is that I hated every character. Well, the narrator wasn't so bad but everyone else was a shit. Like a Bret Easton Ellis novel.

>well written
what does this mean?

I enjoyed wuthering heights, is there anyone here (who actually read it) that thinks its bad?
I still listen to that kate bush song from time to time and reminisce.

Villette is the best Bronte novel. The official power ranking is Charlotte> Anne> Emily

I'm not averse to female authors. We aren't all misogynists; some of us are actually patrician.

>le contrarian meme
>patrician

KEK