Post best cs/se books

post best cs/se books

this book is a meme

my prof jizzes anytime the book is whispered

your shitty photoshop skills are a meme

book is top tier. used at MIT and many other non meme (read:UC Berkley) top schools

It's a high school intro to CS with only superficial coverage of topics. Get real textbooks if you want to learn anything.

Complete bait. SICP is much more substantial than most of the resources I see used for intro to CS courses. Yes this is an intro to CS book, but most CS Sophomores wouldn't be able to finish it.

>be MIT professor
>be teaching this course to top students at MIT for years
>be making this into a book for others

LOL

while I agree with the "intro" part, have you ever looked at or read through the book pleb?

No high school in America is covering all the topics of that book

It's still a shallow intro for freshman/hs survey. If you actually want to learn shit, pick up some of the books here and work through them.

>but most CS Sophomores wouldn't be able to finish it

Because CS majors are retards through and through.

This is the best book to ever have graced this planet

this seems like a cool book, do you have more books that stuff?

it doesn't even have any proofs but fa/g/s keep gushing about how "heavily mathematical" it is
it has some stuff on denotational semantics near the end but doesn't go very in depth

Less compjter sciency but in the same vein and awesome

puremath unemployed fags need not to apply

>need not to apply
do you even English?

that is a pure mathematics textbook though

>c*mbinatorics

>fags
Why the homophobia?

>no books on compiler design
okay

>taking care of myself
literal brainlet tier

-1/12

Another

I unironically would love to be able to do this.

I'm studying C and I would love to be able to write web development software from raw assembly.

dragon book
any of wirth's books
there

Yes I too was once an idiot who just learned low level programming and wanted to waste my time trying to use it in a high level way.

post picture pls i have no idea what you're saying.

just google "dragon book" and "niklaus wirth compiler construction"

writing web apps with low level language is no different then this:

bottom row, 2nd last

It's a meme for a good reason.

>C++
dropped

thanks dude!

On Lisp - for the mindblowing abstractions

Sipser - hands down one of the best textbooks pedagogically

also
The Blind Spot

HTDP > SICP.

Programming language pragmatics was one of the worst text books I have ever had the displeasure of being forced down my throat for a class.

It meanders around topics without getting into any detail and presents concepts in ways that almost seem intentionally obtuse.

That introduction to probability book is actually a great resource with some of the clearest examples for people like me who can't into statistics

Too bad our professor was retarded and would steal his lectures as well as homework and test questions from old MIT opencourseware.

is that way

fuck off bjarne

>t. ruby on rails brainlet

>c++

This

Use webASSembly.

His other book on Recursively Enumerable Degrees is amazing but is more Recursion theory than computability.

>t. slow-witted cs fag

These + pic related

I just started this book yesterday, it will be fun.
I will maybe start introduction to algorithms at the same time for the mathematical part of algorithms (i'm a math student).

concrete jungle rockstars only

how do I (((download))) this

I lol'd

absolutely not

>repeating that unfunny joke "P=NP if N=1 or P=0"
At least, they get it right unlike Veeky Forums.

Tbh that game is fire

There's nothing stopping you.

>Mathematical Statistics with Applications.
>Not the most atrocious textbook ever fucking written

Pick one.

amazing for someone that has no idea about programming

Knuth's AOCP is god tier, if you are austic enough for it.
Tanenbaum's Operating Systems is also amazing.

wait for webassembly

>the year is 2020
>wasm and electron become the two de facto standards in industry
>desktop programs are written in javascript using DOM
>meanwhile webapps are written in C
i don't know if i want this future or not

This one and its second volume. They go straight to the point. There is no shitty speech trying you to understand the concepts, just theorems, proofs and some analysis of the given results.

used at MIT but not anymore, for a good reason

Book contains interesting exercises but courses are overall easy and memey.

Not rigorous and shit exercises but does a great job at building the mathier motivation and intuition

Shit misread title

Adam Chlipala's book is god-tier.

what kind of background knowledge does this book assume?

I'm tempted to steal this book from the library, should I do it for the better of my education anons? I've been reading it as my man source of literature as a pdf and im getting sick of it.

Another theoretical one

Do not steal user

>Have this ever growing list from Veeky Forums that I bought
>Don't know where to fucking start
I got SICP, Intro to Algorithms, Art of Computer Programming, Principles and Practice using C++
Now I see this thread and I'm even more confused on which book I use.

Only set theory, and, of course, you should know how to write proofs and understand them; but I could say it is self contaided since the first two chapters are the preliminaries. It could be better if you know the basics of groups.

Normalfag comp eng student here, there’s no way anyone actually has read all of those right? These lists have to be a meme. I doubt even a seasoned industry vet has gone through all those. Or am I just a brainlet? Will reading all of that even be worth it instead of just building apps and teaching myself new technologies?

Hint: No one has ever fully read these lists and reading them may be useful for you in some areas but ultimately worthless in others depending on your job. Just learn from your actual seniors and people in industry instead of taking advice from Veeky Forums

>building apps and teaching myself new technologies

>t. only read "head first java", "algorithms in java", "mySQL cookbook", and "html/css for dummies"

Top row is standard 1st-2nd year stuff: Intro to Programming; Programming 2: Data Structures and Algorithms; Algorithm Design; System Programming; Discrete Math 1 / Proofs; Discrete Math 2 / Graph Theory and Combinatorics.
Second row is standards 2nd-3rd year stuff: Computer Architecture 1; Computer Architecture 2; Operating System Design; Networks; Computer Security; Probability.
3rd row is standard 3rd-4th year stuff: Software Engineering (Design Patterns + Mythical Man-Month); Databases; Ethics; Applied Linear Algebra; Statistics.
4th to 7th rows are moving into elective territory but have some standard 4th year courses like: Computer Graphics; Automata and Computability; Complexity Theory; Numerical Analysis; Compilers; AI.
The rest are the good elective and 1st year graduate courses.

Looks like a Ben Garrison comic lol.

yes, or check it out and say you lost it they probably wont care enough to make you pay full price