When did you realize he's 100% correct?

It's not like you have to dogmatically agree or disagree with a person in every case. Sometimes he says things that are obnoxious and reductive, but sure, this is sort of true.

I agree, in Psychology the most we get is "this happens a lot of the time" or "this happens most of the time" if you're really lucky.

there are lots of nonlinear phenomena in physics tho.
Br**nlets are too stupid to realize what math they need to know to tackle sociology problems, and that makes it seem harder than it actually is.

"nonlinear" might not be the best word

lots of shit is nonlinear in physics too

I mean you can say he's using "nonlinear" metaphorically but at that point he's just saying "humans are complicated"

Yea, I feel like using math in sociology always ends up too politically incorrect. Not that I'm a fan of the fact that feelings are keeping us from building a better society, but then again, if we think about it too numerically it could end in genocide, if you catch my drift. Which I for one am not a fan of.

Tweet this negro a wikipedia page about stochastic systems

The premiss is right, but the conclusion is wrong.
It should be
>That's why physics is accurate and sociology isn't

>sociology
>science

aren't things already nonlinear in physics but you guys just resort to (((approximations)))? why can't you do the same in sociology?

this is why what he said is dumb

It's what is saying in layman's terms

based

probabilistic, yes, nonlinear - he's a brainlet

And whats worse is that social sciences are still stuck almost exclusively using linear models for modeling.

No, its an appropriate use of the term. Look into dynamical systems.

Probabilistic and nonlinear are not mutually exclusive terms

nigger de greasy posting should be a bannable offense

You mean Nile DaWeed Tyrone

You can also make first order approximations i sociology desu

Sociology is very hard. so hard that it ha snever ammounted to nothing: 200 years on and we are still too dumb to make something out of it.

His use of “hard” is unqualified. Physics is hard in the sense that it requires greater accuracy and deals with less intuitive concepts. Sociology is hard in the sense that it is more difficult to obtain greater accuracy, but easy in the sense that it does not require the same degree of accuracy

The Earth is flat.
You ll never see him measure the curvature.

8 inches times the distance squared in miles. Divide by 12 to get the apex in feet.

sociology is 'harder' in that there are no right answers because the whole subject is a crock of shit bye

Sociology is very hard because you can't do experiments the way physicists do; trying to eliminate all variables except the one you want to study.

Even with animals, where we expect "simpler" behavior than humans exhibit...

The Harvard Law of Animal Behavior holds that under controlled experimental conditions of temperature, time, lighting, feeding, and training, the organism will behave as it damn well pleases. ...

neil tyson, karl sagan etc deresrve to hang SOOO badly.....

What did Carl Sagan do to you?

Nothing, just being a pseud faggot who said lots of bullshit propaganda against the old regime and notmuch in science but memes

Anyone here knows humberto maturana?
Just curious