Any good suicide-positive books...

Any good suicide-positive books? I'm fascinated by the aesthetics of suicide and I want to be able to happily embrace it.

Other urls found in this thread:

anselm.edu/homepage/dbanach/suicide.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my diary, desu
Also that one japanese guide to suicide. It's not translated tho.

how dare you use this glorious /out/ picture!

Bruh Mishima's Patriotism has been translated in numerous languages

Not really suicide, but the end of Knulp by Hesse always struck me as a beautiful description of the aesthetics of leaning-in towards death. Except this is after a description of a life lived well, so I don't know where that leaves you...

Edouard Leve - Suicide

Not exactly pro suicide but I recommend it 100%

Perfect Veeky Forums lit

How do you define aesthetics of suicide?

Cioran's "The Trouble with being Born" is about as suicide positive as it gets without being told to kys

Seriously OP, WHAT are aesthetics of suicide?

The chapter "League of the Divine Wind" in Mishima's Runaway Horses - not a full book but 100% what you're looking for.

>aesthetics of suicide

Nice spook, fag. Just admit you're a depressed cunt like everyone else who has suicidal thoughts.

Finding suicide appealing isn't a spook, dumbass. Neck yourself.

Unironically the Greeks. (The Last Days of Socrates )

Anything by Mishima, the author who wrote obsessively about death and its relation with beauty.

Suicide is always done in weakness, as commiseration for your loss of will, and the embrace is much more bitter sweet, especially impacts against concrete. The only positive outlook on suicide is one for sidewalk cleaners in need of extra hours. Maybe search the ethics, and then go read Tolstoy's Confession as if he were talking about robots, or bots, at least. Then pretend you live in Russia today with your boyfriend, and the Neo-Czar wants you to live a healthier lifestyle, but you'd like to speak freely about facefucking and whatnot. At that point you arrive at the top of the building, and you've just decided to give your interpreter a heave. He bursts into a thousand doves. And the people get paid to clean up the Czar's bots with lightsabers that everyone thought were only toys - but were in fact deadly weapons in the hands of clever souls.

>And the people get paid to clean up the Czar's bots with lightsabers that everyone thought were only toys - but were in fact deadly weapons in the hands of clever souls.

What did he mean by this

I get what you're saying, but Cioran was still attached to the world (his love of music, for example). I wouldn't call it suicide positive even if he doesn't directly advocate suicide because it's mostly "life is miserable and a mistake, but you're already here."

I agree, but then it would be phoney for a writer to have any point otherwise. To write and especially to write well is inherently an affirmation of life

Seneca advocates suicide if there is no better option in life available.

From "The Stoic Philosophy of Seneca":

>Nowhere should we indulge the soul more than in dying. Let it go as it lists: if it craves the sword or the noose or some potion that constricts the veins, on with it, let it break the chain of its slavery. A man's life should satisfy other people as well, his death only himself, and whatever sort he likes is best. There is no sense in thinking: "X will say that I lacked fortitude, Y that I was too impulsive, Z that another kind of death would have shown higher spirit." Think rather: "What people say is irrelevant to the proposal in hand." Your sole object is to wrench free of Fortune with the greatest expedition; there will always be people to disapprove of what you have done.

>Seneca advocates suicide if there is no better option in life available.

Fucking who wouldn't?

There are plenty of people who would hang onto life no matter what, even if there were practically no hope of surviving.

>even if there were practically no hope of surviving.
There is no hope of surviving user :-)

In Stephen King's The Stand there are about 6 or so main protagonists the story follows. One of the them ends up doing bad things and then killing himself. I really like the way that finally scene with him was written.

Yeah you're right, I forgot about those degenerates

strg+f "meditations"
>no hits
c'mon guys

Stoics, Mishima, Confucianism, Schopenhauer's The world as will and representation, probably lots of others.

Though I will say user, most philosophy is pro-suicide as an option which is embraced only after careful consideration and/or in dire circumstances. I don't think I have ever seen anything I would call pro-suicide, depending on what one means by that.

The closest may be Schopenhauer who sees suicide as a strong affirmation of individual will, and that prolonged suffering is more harmful to the individual and his will. If you consider life itself prolonged suffering then it may make sense, in this view, to violently deny life's pleasures and joys as a way to affirm and maintain your own will.

>wanting to go against biological imperative and consequently one's greatest interest

That is the definition of a spook.

>depressed
Nice spook

Schopenhauer isn't pro suicide you pleb
He's sympathetic to it yes, but he does not advocate it.

>one must comply with "biological imperatives"

explain this spook?

Just read the rest of your post

If you want to kill yourself why don't you want to kill yourself Fernando pessoa

>pic
Zapffe was an anti-life philosopher and innamountains man.

You'd love him.

You should definitely try Mishima's work

Arthur Koestler killed himself; but i haven't read him, so i don't know if he advocates suicide

To add to this, Ligotti was inspired heavily by Cioran (though he brings in some new angles and is arguably even bleaker)

Lettre Mort, Linda Lê

How do I work up the courage to kill myself, Veeky Forums?

Op is a spooked poser idiot

David Hume wrote a nice little essay, basically bitching at society for shaming suicide victims
anselm.edu/homepage/dbanach/suicide.htm

If you have to try, then you don't actually want to.

Mainlander's Philosophy of Redemption. No English translation, though, sadly. I'll get working on one when I can figure out a good way to learn German.

OK, but how do I make myself want to?

Le feu follet by Pierre Drieu la Rochelle. most of his works are autobiographic but in a fictional sense à la Mishima and he ended up killing himself at the end of WW2

That question makes no sense. It requires no effort to want something. If you need to force yourself to want suicide, then you don't actually want it. You probably want something that you associate with it but are unable to consider how else to obtain it.

>No Myth of Sisyphus