What does /lit think of the new G2 "fashion collection"?

What does /lit think of the new G2 "fashion collection"?

Other urls found in this thread:

innovations.co.nz/p/craft/paper-crafts/metallic-calligraphy-ink-set?Affiliate=AD5INS&gclid=Cj0KEQjwrsDIBRDX3JCunOrr_YYBEiQAifH1FhkL9j2Ft3ZJpHGFWYKhpa5uK1BEHnXGaRVmqkq8Ck8aApFc8P8HAQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy shit, is 2003 again already?

It's a..pen?

what do you call the poor person's shoddy emulation of garish nouveau riche style?
this is that

For the record, I don't like them.

What are you even on about?

>0.7mm

Ha! Look at this retard and laugh.

Also, what a fag design.

This

Anything thicker than .5mm is pleb tier

This. Also uni-ball micro master race.

>using anything except a jetstream if you need to use non-fountain pens

.38 is the only acceptable thickness.

I'm personally all about the burgundy and blue Le Pen pens

>gel pens

Neck yourself, seriously

who the fuck writes with analogue utensils lmao

This. Mechanical pencil patrician here

>pencil
No confidence faggot detected

Yes, definitely not the pen for signing your passport renewal as you sip espresso from behind the wheel of your BMW while on your way to a Manhattan art gallery.

Aight.

1. Pen is too bulky. Unless you're training your non-dom hand, this will reduce the control you have over your penmanship.

2. Pretty colours for what? I like coloured writing, sure, but in smelly primary school gunk? Get yourself a casual calligraphy set. Ink comes in the standard colours, plus gold, purple, and cyan. I'm sure there are more options.

3. Isn't this just a fucking waste of money?

pic related is the ultimate disposable pen. other pens need not apply.

that's not my handwriting

Excuse me, best pen coming through.

what the fuck am i looking at? are you kidding me with this gelled-up bullshit? i honestly don't know what would be worse—that the tip is metallic and scratches through the paper at the slightest press, or that it's entirely plastic chink shit. this pen looks like it could bend and snap just by opening this jpg. do you need a little diary, princess? i imagine even this one would be too functional for you given your taste in pens. maybe i'll just come home to find scores of legal paper strewn about the unvacuumed rug. you goddamn disgrace. do you think you'll ever write ANYTHING worth reading with this sorry excuse of a rollerball.

show me your handwriting, pussy. i bet my cursive runs literal circles around yours.

>disposable pens

Why?

best pen coming through

Who cares, you all write pure shit anyways.

What the fuck are you even talking about, do you even write?

Seriously? I mean I write with a stylus on my phone but it's a hassle when my program predicts the wrong word. I use it when I don't have anything else.

I have been using G2's for ten years and was just mildly interested to see a new variation on a trusted pen. What are you suggesting I write with?

I'm drunk, so forgive my inability to fully interpret things.

:^)

>.7 mm
>retractable

no thanks

It feels a lot smoother and writes thinner than normal .7mm desu. It feels more like a .5mm.

>Not using a quill

I work in product design for a very popular American soft drink manufacturer. I think I can explain why these pens are so ugly.

It's alright to have color, so long as it's shade and tone is in line with the product you're selling. This is INCREDIBLY important in today's day and age; anything you own, buy, or wear is as much an accessory as it is a can of soda or a linen jacket or a hair gel (or a pen or pencil!).

The association between product design and certain archetypes or lifestyles is perceived first and most intensely in the mind of the buyer. Other people couldn't give less of a shit, but you (!) care how people see you, which is why you like white Vans (so people see you as relaxed, clean and sporty), stainless steel water bottles (rugged and eco-conscious) and brushing with that cool wooden toothbrush from Urban (rugged and eco-conscious, just as the bottle, but the dark oak gives it that classical look). Only you really care, which is why you don't order generic canvas shoes from aliexpress, even though they're functionally and aesthetically identical sans logo - why you bought that steel canteen even though it doesn't fit in your dishwasher, making it just as bacteria-friendly as a plastic bottle (and just as eco-friendly, steel takes fossil fuels to make, folks!) - and why you opt for a toothbrush that makes it difficult to reach your back molars and nobody will see.

There's an old adage in design, "Consistency is key", which means if you want straight lines or curves on something, or if you want muted colors/vibrant pastels, or industrial/casual design, you sure as hell better stick with one of those and not change it up.

Like how retro the Red Dodge Challenger looks, with its straight black pinstriping, strong primary colors and sharp angles? Now imagine that same car with one window missing, two lily-pink front wheels and a pea-green zigzag running around it like a rubber band around a bar of soap. Let's put wood on the door handles, just for fun. What a disaster!

I'll make it no secret that I don't like the G2's design; A straight cylinder for a barrel but soft edges on the nib collar, clicker, and clip make it inconsistent (!); rubber is only found in the grip, and concentric circles are only found on said grip, which makes it even more so.

The G2 has a cult following for being an entry level better-than-average quality pen that leads people to care more about their stationary, but it's ugly right off the bat. Add some colors that clash with the black-and-clear utilitarian look that Pilot was going for, and you've got an even uglier pen.

People with a G2 want to be known as someone who puts a touch of effort in their writing; someone who enjoys the act, and wants people to know they do. Nobody who actively chooses a premium product would choose something so inconsistent, and that is an inconsistency in itself which repulses us even more.

Pilot has prettier things. Try a Metropolitan. I prefer woodcase pencils.

I'm a different person. Your handwriting is nasty.

>thinfags

Dubs don't lie. I'll go end it all user. I'm sorry.

Honestly, whatever pen suits you and does the job. There is no real reason to criticise it and harangue you over it unless we're trying to be patrician about it.

That said, if you do want to get a calligraphy set, just start with a cheap fountain pen. It will save you a lot of money as you get the hand of the weight and movements with them. The pen you ultimately choose is going to be based on a lot of things, so as far as recommendations for that goes, I would just advise you really shop around for one.

Here is an example of some attractive and metallic/shiny colours that can be bought innovations.co.nz/p/craft/paper-crafts/metallic-calligraphy-ink-set?Affiliate=AD5INS&gclid=Cj0KEQjwrsDIBRDX3JCunOrr_YYBEiQAifH1FhkL9j2Ft3ZJpHGFWYKhpa5uK1BEHnXGaRVmqkq8Ck8aApFc8P8HAQ

>ballpoints
Hilarious.

>Not using Le Pen tears to write.

Vous êtes de la vrai racaille prolétariennes.

well, double-fuck me

Does death come alone or with eager reinforcements?

Son, that is godly.

Pilot pens = patrician taste.

Recommend me a fucking mechanical pencil Veeky Forums imtorn between the Pentel Strike, Pentel Graphgear and Staedtler 925 25 05

Praise-worthy pasta, my brother, but I like G2's because of the brown glob of glue that keeps the ink in place because it matches the cigarette marks on my finger.

Graphgear 1000 or go with a rotring if you want to spend more.

Kura togas can be cool and I think they recently released a premium version in Japan, but you either love them or don't. (They automatically advance the lead as you write, I have got into the natural habit of rotating as I write so it's hard for me to adjust)

t-thanks... you too

I've heard that both of them are "heavy" mechs. Do you comfortably write with the graphgear 1k?

pentel sharp kerry

Sorry for the late reply. I'm used to the weight now but yeah, they can be fairly heavy. I mostly use mechanical pencils for mathematics, so I probably should have mentioned that. I do use heavy-ish pens for my writing too though desu, so I could be biased.

Ive dumped pilot ages ago

Pilot a shite

>gives us crap disposable gel pens
>pens not even as good as uni 151
>charges the US 3 times the price for their meh pens
>no Pilot juice
>wont give us full range of 823
>no SF or SM nib for 823 or custom heritage 91 in colors
>no nib exchange program
>cant buy spare nibs
>no access to special editions, no special editions for the market that pays for 3 times the price for their boring crap
>doesnt make actual flex nibs

Ah finally! A true connoisseur!

Pilot Acroball 0.7mm.

No need for anything else.

Pilot vanishing point if you can find one. To me these are the ne plus ultra of mechanical pencils but they don't make them anymore unfortunately.

If you get a rotring get the 800 instead of the 600 because the 600 doesn't have a retractable point, making it easy to bend while carrying it around.

>G2 means you care about your writing

Does anyone know of a book or webpage full of this kind of blather?

:^)

Anything thinner than 0.3 is really uncomfrotable to write with though.

The reason I didn't buy from aliexpress was that I didn't know it existed. But now I do, so thank you.

>disposable plastic ballpoints

What even is that
Couldn't possibly be a pen

I think G2 cartridges fit nicely in real pens made by companies older than the country I am living in.

Nobully

Not sure if you are a girl or a confused gay engineer but either way you should feel great shame over this mess.

>confused gay engineer
Oddly specific user

definitely a girl

How did you learn to write sideways?

I don't think I used a pen since I dropped out of university in like 2009. I might not even remember how to write anymore.

Why can't you losers just use computers for writing like normal people?

Looks like shit. Rushed, but with strokes that signify psuedocity. Your write like that giant faggot Oscar Wilde, with his careless gregariousness, that penchant for false pensivity. It really is shit

Because I don't take my computer everywhere with me like some hipster faggot.

>he doesn't have a smartphone on him wherever he goes
poorfag

Uh dude, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying trying to flame you or anything, but you are aware that writing in a notebook in public comes off as incredibly hipsterish? Even that one bearded glasses guy in Starbucks with a Macbook would look at you and think "whoa, check out this hipster faggot".

I'm not writing on a tablet, I'm writing on a phone, and honestly I prefer writing on paper at that point because it goes faster.

Yeah? And just what the FUCK is wrong with being a "faggot"?? you nazi SHIT????

>using your smartphone for writing

How's that carpal tunnel syndrome treating you?

You have to go back.

How does it go faster? I've never been able to write faster than I can type.

>type
>on my phone
I either use Minuum keyboard or Google Handwrite, and neither is as fast as just writing it down.

I think that's due to your own speed, or perhaps you have very messy handwriting

very messy handwriting
You have me there. But as far as traditional texting goes, no way it is fast as even handwriting. Regardless, I do recommend Minuum, since it mimics a QWERTY keyboard. But I still generally find slapping my thumbs on a phone and slowing down to make sure predictive text isn't choosing the wrong words to be completely tiresome.

>faggots cant into short hand

handfedora that is cheap and is subtle enough to be used outside?

I'll check it out. I've never had an issue texting rapidly, but that's just me.

Nigger, if you write shorthand for anything other than studying, you're a sloppy bastard.

I don't think about it at all.

>not using fountain pens
>in lieu of fountain pens, not using the VASTLY superior Uniball Jetstream over the shit that is the G2

G2s are the thinking man's pen.

i like the cut of your jib, despite the fact that you may or may not be canadian. try and get into defense (or defence, as you may spell it) for the $$$.

>careless gregariousness
what the fuck are you trying to say here? you obviously don't know what "gregarious" means.

>pensivity
>pseudocity
am i getting memed on? is this bait?

>Lamy ballpoint
It's OK. A bit too thick, which is bad in small notebooks.

>Cuck pen

It's a fucking pen you dumb fucks.

Thanks! I'm from Texas, but I'm thinkin' about defense for reals.

Pens are very important.