Tfw dumb parents

>tfw dumb parents

It is weird slowly becoming the one who knows more, but one has to learn how to talk to people and with people about things other than ideas. Or you drive a wedge of haughtiness through relationships. Be respectful and patient.

maybe you're too stupid to know otherwise in which case maybe you're right

My parents aren't dumb but they aren't particularly bright either. At least they're not the stereotypical simpletons portrayed in your pic.

I can't talk about things, does that make me autistic? what the fuck is even a thing?
I'm just intelligent enough to realize how dumb I am

Shut the fuck up you ungrateful piece of shit. What, you think you're too intelligent for the people who gave you life? Who raised you? Who fed you? So you're such a cunting genius that they're now below you? Well guess what, you're not fucking clever. You're scum who thinks he's clever.

dumb families are the worst

wew lad
I still love them and will forever thank them for feeding me
take a xanax

You have to work on your outlook- think about the person and whats going on in their life they might want to talk about, tell them about the baby fox you saw in the yard last night, or how you had a nice walk, things like that.

>What, you think you're too intelligent for the people who gave you life?
lol yes. My father had four children and not a single one of them were intended.

and their passed their genes to you

Classic spook

>implying most children aren't accidents
stop thinking you're special for having parents who said fuck condoms because raw is better

I don't know if inteligence is genetic or not, I hope my kids get some sharp brains, I guess the kind of stimulus you give them must play a role in the whole thing, I would like to not have a TV on my house but I fear that they would end up craving TV just because everyone else has one and everyone talks about what they watch on TV, not having that in common would isolate them from other kids and that would probably make them sad, and if they are sad they will not be motivated to do well in school
thank god I will probably never find a woman who would accept to have kids with me, because rasing them seems like a really hard task

the baby boomers really brainwashed you, kid

>tell them about the baby fox you saw in the yard last night, or how you had a nice walk
no one wants to hear about so boring shit unless you have some kind of interesting observation on the fox, which will lead to talking about ideas instead of things
the ride never ends for the autistic one

He never said he was special, he actually informed you that there are other 3 human beings to were thrown into existence for the same reason
Why are parents such a holy cow for you?

I will always love my parents but my mother is pretty fucking dumb about most things
She works from home and does literally nothing every day but work, watch reality tv, and half of the time cook dinner, and she is perfectly content to do that every single day until she dies
My father has less raw intelligence but actively seeks out new things to learn about and new hobbies to try, like learning the piano or getting a real estate license, because he is retired and wants things to do
My mother continuously undermines this and tries to convince him he's wasting his time and should join her watching tv
Accidentally ending up with a kid you don't want does not automatically turn you into some paragon of virtue

>user, stop wasting time sitting there in your room reading books. You need to get out of the house more. You're wasting your youth! And don't give me that nonsense about "nurturing your brain." Your father didn't become an Assistant Supervisor of Wagecorp by reading Shakespeare.

>My mother continuously undermines this and tries to convince him he's wasting his time and should join her watching tv
My mother actually succeded in doing time, protect your father from her

Does someone here even have (very) smart parents? What is it like?

feels dfw-esque

>implying my dad has ever had a job

My parents do the TV thing too. Whenever they come over my dad gets angry that I don't have the TV on and gripes at me to get cable or antenna or something.

It's not like we sit in silence otherwise, they usually come over to talk or for some other reason. I don't get the need to have a TV on 24/7.

he implied it dumbass.
unless your parents were the upper-class anal uptight types who were meticulous about everything chances are you're an accident too.
there's a difference between having a kid in high school, and being married and fucking without using condoms.
also no it doesn't but implying that there's some kind of ethical problem with having kids (even if unplanned) during a marriage is a problem is fucking dumb. beats getting an abortion.

>having a based NEET dad
I'm jelly desue

>tfw both parents have Phds

Won the lottery

>he implied it
where

And what do you have to show for it?

It's a disease. Similar to when people can't fall asleep without the tv running in the background.

>Why are parents such a holy cow for you?
Answer the man with the dubs, user.

Sounds like my mom, who only reads prayer books and is perfectly happy to watch Caso Cerrado after spending her life at a series of menial office jobs.

I'm grateful to her for raising me, but the thought of being contented by mass media and living without dreams is fucking horrifying.

All I implied is my father is a fucking dumbass.

>Tfw won the lottery
>Wasted it by being a lazy sack of shit

how is it called and whats the cure/treatment
I want to save my parents

Yes

I try to. When I come home or they come to visit I ask him what he's been reading about. He likes hearing about things I'm studying at school and projects I'm working on.
He has the bad habit of taking whatever news pundits say as gospel, though. A couple months ago he listened to some guy on the radio say half of climate scientists think climate change is made-up. I told him that this person was actively lying to him. He's firmly convinced climate change is a conspiracy and I tried to talk to him about it but he believes politicians over experts

try reading his posts dumbfuck
they're not. my parents are far from perfect i'm just not that much of a whiny passive bitch to let circumstance hold me back.

>tfw mom had dreams of becoming a correspondent living in the soviet union and even studied russian for it, but then had kids young so she never got the chance to leave the small place she grew up in, and are now extremely supportive of her sons dream of becoming some sort of writer, which in turn puts extra pressure on the son to pursue writing, so he can have a version of the life that he essentially robbed from her by being born

>people are on equal level to cows because cows feed them lol

This. Boomers are mentally illl

>mom watches tv
>wants to talk to me about something
>can't find the correct and suitable words the situation
>she says she ought to read more
>i recommend some easy going books
>oh user, i haven't got time to read
getting p tired of your shit familia

>tfw smart dad and stupid mom

He could have done better tbqh

fpbp

i havent choose to be born

I was one of the anons talking about my parents doing that, and they're not Boomers. They were born in the 70s (and had me very young, I'm nearly 30).

classical edgy teenager

>father is an alcoholic cook, played in a band in his youth
>mother is a teacher and former marxist academic

well they divorced when I was a little kid 'cause dad got violent in his drunkenness

Are you me user?

>mom is dad and dead is a slight alcoholic who has to start a new education in his 50ties because he cant find a job as a construction worker

Feels bad man, I fell you OP

>mom is dad and dead
shit dude

I've always been the smartest member of my family. Sure, I'm no genius, but if I put effort into things which require mental acuity, then I can usually perform. I also consider myself more inquisitive than my family. Besides a Bible, my parents and my brother haven't picked up a book in years; especially not a book of philosophy.

Sometimes I get a sense of genetic inferiority when they speak (they don't believe in evolution, they are Fox News conservatives, and they scream like animals whenever they talk about football) because intelligence is hereditary, and it makes me feel worthless and stupid. Does anybody else feel like this?

he must also suffer the tv disease

>mom constantly mentions needing to pick up reading
>borrows some religious books from her friend
>never reads them
>mostly watches TV
I don't mind her not reading, it's okay mom, but please, don't pretend you like books

I watched my father set a man on fire with his mind.

Parents will slowly turn more intelligent in your eyes as you grow older.

Yes, it means what you already think. You are adopted, or your mother played "doctor doctor" with your neighbour.

>your neighbour
The milkman, I mean.

>dad literally watches reality TV all damn day
>literally says empty phrases over and over when nobody is talking
>literally every idea or observation he has is wrong and founded on a misunderstanding
>does the most stupid things like leave windows open to "circulate" the air and then wonders why the pollen is bothering him
I've accepted that he may be retarded.

With that attitude i'd agree. Raising children is the most natural thing you will do beside shitting and eating (and they're on par).
Its those who overthink the whole process that fuck up their children.
Chill the fuck out, fuck a woman and fucking have kids. Go in there with nothing but good intentions and they will turn out great.

Had the exact opposite happen to me, familia.

Not really but my uncle is probably one of the most simple-minded people I've ever met and ever will meet in my life. His son is also pretty genetically autistic (by that I mean his issues are less rooted in fundamental social dysfunction and more in his genes), which makes me glad he's only a half-brother to my mother.

happened to me too, then the opposite

This, feels bad

It especially sucks because he is so fucking stubborn and can't accept that he's wrong sometimes.

Plus the fact that he is lazy and does not clean up at all.

If my mom wouldn't clean up this man would literally sleep in a completely filth-ridden bed and live in a house with shit everywhere because he farts and shits every damn day.

>>literally every idea or observation he has is wrong and founded on a misunderstanding
Example?

I feel you there user.
Mine were retarded enough to get brainwashed by kikes to cut the best part of my cock off.

>tfw smart and socially capable
Now only if I wasn't lazy. :^)

Are you me?

>grocery store meat sucks (or so he says)
>the butcher takes all the meat home

>I get laid off and while I'm looking for a job I land a freelance gig
>it's a waste of time and they are probably taking advantage of me

And so forth.

Yes.

Dad also wakes up 2 - 3 times every night to take a piss or take a shit, resulting in him being tired as fuck every day.

Probably one of the many reasons why he is just so fucked up.

So far it has been the opposite. When I was younger, there was this magic about my parents - I expected most of their choices to have been good.

But you know, nowadays I can see that they're just human.

They're really stupid about money - seriously, they're not poor but they manage to spend it all and be in debt in their 60s - and they really don't talk to each other enough. Dad is too obsessed with work. He already retired, but he just has to work 4-8 hours a day at a friend's firm without getting much of anything for it, yet he doesn't do much housework or fix their house at all.
When my mother is stressed about money, she gambles and shops. She just has to spend thousands of euros on an expensive dentist because the dentist is pleasant.

DonĀ“t be stupid, tv has nothing to do with it, if the children is intelligent, it will not watch them dumb stuff in there, e.g. a six yo will prefer animal planet rather than barney

Kids nowadays don't even watch TV lol.

They play games and watch youtube on smartphones/tablets.

and by the time he has kids, they'll be hooked up to virtual reality, living a parallell life in the digital mega city neo-tokyo instead of tablets

My mom isnt stupid but i dont agree with her opinions and i noticed that i adapted her way of thinking

>tfw parents are terrible listeners
I can forgive them for being ignorant but this drives me nuts sometimes.

>I'm just intelligent enough to realize how dumb I am
this but i also feel i am smarter than at least 50% of people i know.

Having kids right now it wildly irresponsible, you should all just forget about it.

We're already overpopulated, living conditions are going to shit just about everywhere, mudslimes taking advantage of other country's kindness and killing and raping everyone, etc

Also this. Like a million babies are still getting mutilated every year in america, this country is well past the point of no return when it comes to ignorance

A lot of older fold are shit at listening, it seems.

There's really no excuse for ignorance though, especially nowadays when anything you want to know can be found with a couple clicks. Even before the internet there were libraries where a lot of things could be learned with a bit of effort.

>tfw you loved national geographic when I was a kid
>tfw still dumb piece of shit
Feels bad

Similar, except my identity is constructed on an anxiousness caused by uncertainty on that point.

There are basically only two options: either I'm a shitload dumber than most people I've talked with, or I'm a shitload smarter than them. There's just such a big gap between us, but I'm not really fit to judge whether it is because I'm too dumb to understand everyone else or they're too dumb to understand me.

You sound very cucky user.

There's intelligence in my parents, but neither one of them were what you'd call "book" smart. They both had to leave school and work in their early-mid teens, so I don't begrudge them for not being particularly literary.

My mom isnt retarded but she has alot of life experience

my mom is a bit simpler, but my father is pretty smart.

he has an accounting degree, worked as a system analyst for 20 years, teached accouting in 2 colleges, knows a lot about math and such

although neither read books, they like that I read (and read a lot, compared to the regular '0-books-per-year' citizens)

Thanks, 15 year old shitposter from /r/the_donald.

Mom has a few degrees, read literature as a teenager but she's old and sick now. A box also fell on her head while she was in a supermarket and her memory was affected.

Dad never finished high school, but has travelled a lot and has a lot of ''life experiences''. Says wise things from time to time.

Sister is a complete normie but has some culture.

I have heard that having books in the house will encourage children to read. Forcing them will only make them resent reading. You need a gentle nudge to push them in the right direction. Like getting them a book for their birthday as well as something else (nobody wants just a book for their birthday)

As a kid who read a lot:

What I think pushed me towards reading:

-My mother read a lot of books to me when I was still too young to read. We even read a few together after that. When a new Harry Potter (haha pleb) book came out, she'd read it out loud, translating it from English on the fly (English isn't my native language, so I couldn't read English books until I was like 12)

-She also taught me to read, well before school started. I was very good at it when most of the others were still just learning, so I often read ghost stories out loud to the other kids.

-I always got books as gifts, plus we had a lot of books around so I could always look around in the shelves

One of my biggest fears is a serious head injury fucking my shit up and leaving me retarded
I won't even be dead, but my life will never be the same and almost every aspect will be completely ruined
All from something as simple as a car crash or apparently a trip to the goddamn grocery store

>tfw overeducated parents
>tfw I'm the dumb child but only because my sister went to Stanford and an excellent grad school
>tfw going to top notch university
>mfw you will never feel the E U P H O R I C R U S H of holding a conversation on political philosophy while explaining a grad level physics problem to another person
ctfu brainlet scum
Buying books doesn't make your kids read. Being the type of person who buys books means you're likely intelligent enough to have kids who would read anyway

Is it really that bad out there, guys? Are there really households where parents don't read and their crotchfruit never read either?

This neglectful shit sounds like child abuse tbqphwyf. We're doomed as a species my sons.

>tfw raised by a single mother who either had narcissistic personality disorder or sociopathic personality disorder, constantly lying and manipulating and emotionally & psychologically abusing, as well as stealing from employers and dudes in lonely hearts newspaper columns

Kids can't read if they aren't exposed to books in the first place

>tfw have over 2,000 books in the house

If my kid doesn't like reading I'm going to feel awful.

On a scale of 1-10 how fucked up are you? I ask that question empathetically as I come from a similar background.

She "robbed" herself of that. You didn't choose for her to be impregnated.

>opened the thread to sperg about my mom
>reading the thread
>mom comes back from a party
>talking about what the party was like
>she opens her purse
>hands me a gram
>tfw just noticed how ungrateful I was
I love her, user. She's not a critical thinker, watches TV and doesn't know much about politics or philosophy but she's a very capable person, she's a good teacher.

>degeneracy, the post

>mom was a QA analyst for a software company
>dad only had his GED but worked a job that was more or less accounting
>mom committed suicide after they divorced
>dad is retired now, just gardens and plays with the cat and keeps to himself

it really sucks because he always pushed me to do well in school (i know its a probably a meme but im an engineering major), but he doesn't even try with my sisters. all they do is sit and watch netflix and never go outside. i'm legitimately afraid of my youngest sister not graduating high school, but shes only if 5th grade right now

how to cope/help, Veeky Forums?

Seconding this