Politically Restrained Science

Are there subjects (or aspects of) that aren't allowed or at least discouraged? E.g. genetic engineering (plants, humans), reproductive medicine, nuclear energy, automation of specific industries etc.
If so, in which countries and why?

Note, I'm not talking about things like Marxist literature theory, forbidden archeology, or suppressed free energy stuff.

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Certainly everything that puts into question the anthropogenic global warming "theory"

In England one of our drugs policy advisers was sacked because he presented data on the relative harmlessness of marijuana and some psychedelics when compared with the legal alcohol and tobacco, he claims the government has a monetary relationship with the alcohol industry

anything related to niggers being different from whites genetically

Aw so cute, I hope she gets to 5 years
>inb4 /pol/ edgelords flood the thread

Obama finally lifted it, but Christians in the US fucked over stem cell research for years and years. Easily one of the worst atrocities in modern history.

Yep.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve

As liberal as I am politically, seeing this made me feel absolutely certain that intelligence is inherited, by some ethnicities more than others. I guess they buried the thing because superliberals would throw a fit, or blacks would riot. I dunno. I feel like there's usually a better explanation for these things.

And apparently circumcision research is explicitly banned in Canada and oh god please don't make the whole thread about this.

FUCK. THIS.

It's one of the things I think about to remind myself not to go back to /pol/. Them actively supporting this mentality is sickening.

The Bell Curve isn't regarded as a serious analysis of genetic influence over IQ for a reason. I suggest looking into the background of the author.

Or maybe even just start at the page you linked, in the "criticism" section

Although there are more rigorous discussions of the topic of genetics and IQ. The Bell Curve is just taking the reality of IQ and applying it towards sociobiological explanations for wealth distribution iirc.

but user, alcohol and tobacco don't produce permanent detrimental developmental effects when consumed under the age of 25.
He was sacked for being a quack and using blatantly flawed metrics for his argument.

>hurr durr, efforts should be focused on the potential uses instead of methods for synthesis/reversion
It's like you're a brainlet or something.

This.
All the bell curve does is say "Here is the statistics, here are the distributions. Woah hey, look, pretty much everything falls inline with IQ no matter how you control."

Aw, happy for her :)

OP here, thanks so far for the answers. I'd like to put the focus on the applicable side, the technologies. What consequences would it have if restrained areas could be explored and applied? What benefits? I.e. what are we missing out on if it remains restrained?

pic again unrelated

genetics
geo-engineering
nuclear energy
determinism

OP are you sure that pic isn't related?

We would have a lot more cures and less deaths with more lenient drug testing

Well in the US it is forbidden to use federal funds to research gun violence. Anything involving sex tends to be discouraged. Like researchers tend to shy away from researching animal genitalia because a politician made fun of it and called it a waste of funds. Even though genitals are really where the rubber hits the road when it comes to biology.

>> genetic engineering
You can write the grant in crayon and still get funded as long as you say CRISPR.
>> automation of specific industries
Not a problem. Because robots/AI are so hyped right now and because the people doing these things wouldn't recognize research that is directly applicable to automation.

Here's the real problem though we're doing less fundamental research and less high risk high reward research. Fundamental research is needed for big breakthroughs like CRISPR, but no one wants to fund it because applications aren't immediate. Funding agencies are also less willing to fund high risk high reward stuff. I'm not talking about risk like turn everyone into zombies, I'm talking the risk of whatever is being funded not working out. Things that are a little more out there than what we have now tend not to get funded. This is not wacky fringe shit like antigravity, just doing stuff very differently than we have done before.

>Easily one of the worst atrocities in modern history.
Actually the holocaust is the worst atrocity in modern history.

How would somebody find or fund some of this Forbidden Science?

Gofundmyweirdscience dot org

This.

The Holodomor and the Great Leap Forward were far worse.

James Watson learned this the hard way.
>He says that he is "inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa" because "all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours – whereas all the testing says not really", and I know that this "hot potato" is going to be difficult to address.

Any science devoted to finding possible differences between the races or sexes goes against the leftist axiom that everyone is the same.

James Damore made a remark similar to that of Watson on the topic of gender.

More Soviets and Chinese died in WWII than the boo-hoo-jews.

Niggers and crackers aren't that different genetically.

This is very sad since we already waste trillions of dollars on education with niggers. It does not work. We will never have a nigger Gauss or Grothendieck.
We could also waste trillions training cats speak German. It does not work, you can't go against biology.

Yes, ever heard of maths? In america they literally dropped it from primary and middle school curriculum in favour of something called common core. Now everyone can be as dumb as the next nigger

He didn't support the course of the government anymore and so he got kicked out.

They are different. Just that they are on average as different to each other than a nigger with another nigger or a cracker with another cracker.

That gets done all the time though? Like, the whole point of genomic medical research is to figure out the genes that cause people to be more susceptible to diseases or why certain people are more responsive to some treatments than others.

Jews treated as prisoners of wars because jew was more or less synonymous bolshevik. Launched commie revolution in Germany etc.
1.1-3.5 million die of typhus and stavation in camps.

>Worst atrocity