MUH DIONYSUS IS THE BESTEST GOTT EVER!!1

>MUH DIONYSUS IS THE BESTEST GOTT EVER!!1

>BBUT DONT DRINK ALCOHOL ITS FOR LESSER MEN

what the FUCK was his problem?

Why don't YOU read him, form your own goddamn opinion what his problem was, and then come back and tell us? Instead of spouting /tv/ memes

> Let me tell you how to properly be Dionysian

lol nietzsche isnt philosophy

I have. I still don't get why Nietzsche was so butthurt towards alcohol. I can see why he'd hate the guy who hates his shit job and drinks to kill the pain, but why would he hate the drunken reveler who loves life and just loses himself in the bottle for a night once in awhile?

He wrote of women that every great mind likes to lose itself in the simplicity of a woman every so often, why's the bottle so much more poisonous than the broad? Risks of overindulgence are the same and likely codependent as far as I'm concerned.

I mean you can't even go look at his family life and see a drunken father who beats him or something. Considering he himself abused depressants as a way to endure his horrible bouts of illness I think it's a little stupid that he singles out one depressant as more vile than the rest.

He was German. Germanics (Anglos included) tend to drink beer, which is practically a sedative. They also drink it in bars and beer gardens, compared to the more aristocratic associations of drinking wine at a dinner table.

Beer at the bar is chatty, back-slapping, proletarian, common.

Wine at the dinner table is hospitable, generous, dominant (head of the house at the head of the table, dominare derived from dominus derived from domus.)

Even peasants begin to behave more generously and more like lords of the manor when they have guests over for dinner. But then, they don't really get drunk. The wine is almost a condiment.

So from a beer perspective, alcohol is vulgar and common. If he came from a wine perspective, he might have been more consistent in his views.

Alcohol absolutely does vitiate your spirit. It is poison.

Excellent point
Also, the Alcohol issue is touched upon by other commentators as a kind of trademark nihilist trait; in Crime & Punishment notably it shows up as the hallmark of the social nihilists with Raskolnikov avoiding it's influence and Svidrigailov succumbing to it shortly before his suicide. Probably an offhanded commentary on the hypocrisy of the matter in Nietzsche and other Nihilist's writings

Diareasus.

You're boring man.

Do not try to understand the Dionysus when you're a friggin numskull

You're boring as fuck man kill yaself PLEASE for the betterment of mankind.

Why did he say Plato was boring if Plato also warned against drinking alcohol?

>anti-Dionysus posts are as wrong as cancer itself, guaranteed!

He said you're boring m8.

That's rather rude

This

word this makes me want to stop drinking even more
like i stopped drinking mostly, but i drank on saturday and am still hungover from it probably

>I have. I still don't get why Nietzsche was so butthurt towards alcohol.

He wasn't: he explicitly rejected it once in Ecce Homo, using his phisiological response as an answer (he would get moody and prone to crying).
From secondary account we know he was a major opiate/chloral/delyrants user.

nietzsche would have lost his shit over ketamine

i can't imagine what the mind of nietzsche would be like on ketamine. strong drug for horses, noble.

funny how someone who wanted to be seen as some poet-warrior couldn't hold his liquor and took fucking opiates.

He took opiates because he was constantly sick and in pain, user

on alcohol:
>he would get moody and prone to crying
i'm not against someone using opiates if they're sick but for someone who constantly preached strength he was sure a weak motherfucker.

he's pretty much the guy who LARPs a tough-guy attitude while being a total pussycat.

Nietzsche is literally self-worship the religion. It's not philosophy. It's a life guide like any other religion.

Alcohol is an easy way to escape suffering so one will never grow out of the insecurities one has. So get rid of alcohol, go into solitude, face your despair, and grow.

brain cancer

lmao you sound like the prototypical overcompensating neecheean tough guy LARPer.

I don't follow Nietzsche.

nietzsche isn't important for how he lived
his thoughts and methodology are important because they offer us insight into the mind of a man who was skeptical about literally everything

and in some parts, that's very useful. and he knew this, which is why he wrote it down. his life is largely inconsequential but fairly interesting if you like history.

>defends neechee
>says LARPy autistic shit that all neecheeans say
>claims to not be neechean
k
you think the life of someone who basically did extremist self-help is irrelevant? i get that neechee is meant for the big-brains but try applying some common sense.

Not either anons but you are a pseud.

I can talk about Nietzsche's perspectives on things without believing in them, can't I?

nice argument.
read your post man. your LARPy shit was basically neechee, so you can hide in the closet for as long as you want but it's pretty obvious.

Oh wow. You really got me, man. I guess I know have to live my life in a self-affirming way. Sounds terrible.

yea and not write LARPy fanfiction about it lmao.

>german philosopher says stupid contradictory shit
you don't say

>nice argument.
k

>taking 30 minutes to realize you're still butthurt about having no argument

>le Veeky Forums psychologist gets inside the mind of yet another user

>browsing Veeky Forums every minute of every day

does it really require psychoanalysis to come up with the fact that's he either watching a lot of anime or reading neechee?

Yeah imagine watching anime on an anime image board.

>takes minute to reply
>talks about how other person spends every minute of day on Veeky Forums

Irrelevant and also no it's not

>strategically timing how long you browse Veeky Forums into disconnected bursts of ten-second shitposting
Nigger it's possible to be an anime-watching LARPer without following Nietzsche.

intoxication by alcohol is not a creative form of ecstasy

lmao are you that butthurt that you're openly samefagging?
i'm just browsing new threads and threads i've replied to, like what a normal person does bud. you're the one who was butthurt and camping the thread.
i don't see where you're going with your anime LARPer argument.

>openly samefagging
Uh, sure, I guess. It's not really samefagging if you're open though.
>i'm just browsing new threads and threads i've replied to, like what a normal person does bud
Yeah that does sound pretty normal. There's no reason to be so hung up about it.
>i don't see where you're going with your anime LARPer argument.
Your "lol OF COURSE you're a Neetcheeian I can tell because of the way you type" faggotry is for fags. Like you say, he could just watch anime (or be a melodramatic autist for any other reason).

Nietzsche becomes a lot less interesting when you realize that most of his attitudes have unexamined biases and assumptions that fall down the moment you question them, the biggest ones being his semi-religious belief in individuality and the perfectability of humanity.

Nietzsche's philosophy is basically edgy Byronic/Goethean Romanticism + "Great Man" worship a la Carlyle + the Greekabooism of Winkelmann.

it still shows you were butthurt enough to reply twice.
>Yeah that does sound pretty normal. There's no reason to be so hung up about it.
you were the one talking about "strategic timing" lmao who does that
>Your "lol OF COURSE you're a Neetcheeian I can tell because of the way you type" faggotry is for fags. Like you say, he could just watch anime (or be a melodramatic autist for any other reason).
you can't tell someone is a neechean when he types stuff that is reminiscent of what neechee preached in a neechee thread? must suck to be that stupid.

really if you're that butthurt at least argue on topic, the fact that you needed to drag all this random shit up is funny

>you were the one talking about "strategic timing" lmao who does that
are you autistic
>you can't tell someone is a neechean when he types stuff that is reminiscent of what neechee preached in a neechee thread? must suck to be that stupid.
It's amazing how you can read people's minds. Way better than doing something stupid like believing what they've posted themselves.

he gives you hammer, but you must find anvil yourself.
basically you're an idiot.

lmao how butthurt are you i left for 30 minutes and you're still camping the thread.
>are you autistic
why are you pretending that you didn't talk about "strategic timing" when it's clearly visible above? nice projection though.
>It's amazing how you can read people's minds. Way better than doing something stupid like believing what they've posted themselves.
you're really that dumb? shit.

>y-you mad?
lol

why else would you argue about everything other than the actual topic? lmao.

this is a literature board

you're meant to be able to read

lmao is that all you've got? i argued with you about the side-topics even when it was clear you were butthurt about neechee and you couldn't even level anything but borderline nonsense.
do you have some kind of mental illness?

user the actual topic hasn't been not talked about. Until now, that is, 'cause there's not much to talk about when everything devolves into "lol you're dumb".

>grasping at straws this hard
lmao

>Nietzsche believes in individuality

only for individuals, most men are herd animals and are better off in the herd, and paradoxically the herd must exist in order for the individuals he loves so much to exist.

>Nietzsche believes in perfectibility

absolutely fucking not rofl, he even warns against the 'improvers of men'

>lmao
k

can you actually come up with one reply that doesn't stem from how butthurt you are? lmao.

Pure cancer thread so Ill bump

Deleuze expands on this. Dionysianism without the overt intoxicants.

The general idea is about cultivating an attitude toward life you fucking pleb.

Nietzsche sees cogitation and inner journey as dance, and Dionysianism.

He also might be Dylan's "blind commissioner", Dylan perhaps chastising him for his "Fox & Grapes" attitude towards exterior reality... maybe.

It's all about understanding and balance. Why you gotta be such a hater, OP?

exterior reality, and the things he misses (ie. his distressingly teenage courting of Lou Salome, and the resort to occasional misogyny we see... also teenage)