Best translation of Crime and Punishment?

Best translation of Crime and Punishment?

Crimes and Misdemeanors by Woody Allen

why is his axe upside down?

One of the last good flicks the guy made.

P&V

Oliver Ready

That's how it happened in the book, he cracked her head

he's so out of it from depression, malnutrition, anger, and a cocktail of other horrible things.

was raskolnikov a product of his environment?

The blade is about to fall and he will smack her with the rod, causing his body to vibrate and shiver uncontrollably, Looney Toons style.

Jessie Coulson

>reading in English

you people disgust me

learn russian pidoras

environment was certainly shit, everybody is drunk, dirty and poor on a good day, but I dont think that was the point.

underrated

Constance Garnet

booorrriinnnggg
david mcduff the GOAT

older: Magarshack
newer: McDuff or Ready

hes never made a good movie. absolute middlebrow culture vulture like the city he's from

>hes never made a good movie
That's a nice opinion.

>Magarshack

never

Constance Garnet is the best if you're an anglo and native English speaker. Oliver Ready or P&V if you're brown .

Garnett was too fast and careless in her work and made numerous mistakes, in addition to omitting sections she found either difficult or problematic. She even added things not in the original when she saw fit. Also her work all tends to read the same regardless of original author, i.e., a work of Constance Garnett.
Magarshack was far more diligent in his work and faithful to the authoria voice of the works he translated.
As for P&V, they basically produce double translations and introduce twice the error of competent solo translators

Japanese manga translation, obviously. You were not going to read those long phrases anyway.