Terence Tao

Why don't we hear more of this godlike genius?

Inb4 "he's not that smart." He attended university math classes at 9. NINE. btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=TFx_gLQAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate
terrytao.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's not that prolific

because math is about praising original solutions to problems, not some autist with 1 in a trillion genetics
if you want to jerk off to some person you'll never meet then reconsider your life

not OP but I walked past his office/him a couple times when going to office hours for other professors on his floor

Wow

He did enough to get a Field's Medal.

>expecting anyone besides other PhDs to care about developments in pure mathematics

good luck giving the pop sci treatment to the stuff he studies
honestly for most Americans any math more complicated than trig is moon rune nerd shit tier (maybe calc I if they went to college)

feel like that's true of almost every country. even here in EU it's not like the average person is going to understand modern pure maths research

Tao makes a fairly decent amount of money, UCLA must have to pay him this so he doesn't leave

So is the $300,000 starting meme real after all?

I was shocked at how much a lot of my professors made when looking at that site but he's the only one that's been that high, quite a few in the 200-300k range though (the applied ones seem to make more, I think they get grants for their research that have personal stipends)

>tfw Terence Tao's autistic brother

Basically. I am sure schools like Harvard have tried to pouch him. Harvard lives off of paying famous professors huge amounts of money after they already got famous other places.

>be genius
>sit back and relax while brainlet university administrators engage in bidding war over having you do math in their building versus another one

his wife works for JPL so that's a reason for him to stay in the LA area, but there are plenty of NASA facilities across the country (she could work at the one near Berkeley/Stanford for instance). I like being at UCLA but would think that if you're an intellectual the traffic would be monstrous (it's bad for everyone I guess but if you have options why'd you live with it?). Also CalTech is right next to where his wife works and that's a better school. We also get a decent amount of homeless who wander onto UCLA campus

That isn't that much money considering how smart he is. That is about the 1% in CA, not much more.

>Trevor Tao is an International Master in Chess. He has a double degree in mathematics and music and is an autistic savant.
Despite autism, he's still more accomplished than anyone on Veeky Forums will ever be.

>He attended university math classes at 9.
See this thread as to why that only means we should be impressed, relatively, by his parents.
>9464033

I went to UCLA.

It's sad that Terence is at UCLA.

UCLA's south campus (STEM buildings) is so utterly shitty. I feel bad for him.

I mean

Anyone could do what he did if they were brought up in a similar environment, had a strong work ethic, and were dedicated like him.

UCLA here too, actually just walked past his office yesterday. The door is always closed

>Why don't we hear more of this godlike genius?
Honestly, if you haven't got to a place where you can talk to him in person on a daily basis, you are too much of a brainlet to deserve to hear about him anyway.

Says the loser. Hahaha!

>The door is always closed
So open it

>Tao family
>liberals: intelligence is not genetic!!
when will this meme stop?

Yeah, right. Keep living in delusional, inferior genetic abomination.

what site is this?

Sure, a nigger brought up in a similar environment would have the same academic output.

On any other board, I would assume this was just a meme, but Veeky Forums is legitimately the low-IQ retard board, so here you go:
scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=TFx_gLQAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate
>not that prolific

Why should he keep his office door open?

Basically, Fuck him.

Because he's a typical beta male asian asshole. How the fuck are you going to be blessed with a 220 IQ yet spend your entire life on fucking math problems?

He could be using his advanced intellect to discover revolutionary ways to get pussy, Design laser guns, or entertain the masses of Veeky Forums and contribute something meaningful.

But....No...he wants spend his life chunking fucking numbers. A black with a high IQ would've at least done something fun with it.

>A black with a high IQ

Someone explain these numbers.

Man the Tao family has genes that need to be preserved for millenia.

I know a lot of liberals and have never heard anyone make this claim. Most people think that at least some component of intelligence is based on or influenced by genetics, but they also don’t ignore the formative influences of childhood and other environmental conditions

>muh culture horseshit
user the freaking existence of animals debunks the idea that intellect isnt mostly genetic.

If Neanderthals, Homoerectus, and Denovisians were walking around today I'm sure they would grow up to have great intelligence if supported by a loving upper-middle class white family.

>don’t ignore the formative influences of childhood and other environmental conditions
like 20%

>productive ways to use your genius
>discovering different ways to get pussy and try to make star wars laser guns
lmaoing@urlife

Dereferenced Time Already Knew, But We Forget To Teach Tao 'Tai' In Indonesian First.

May Tau+Kota
//
提領時間已經知道,但我們忘了教道“大”在印尼第一。

五月頭+哥打

terrytao.wordpress.com/

基本上,他媽的他。

因為他是一個典型的β男性亞洲混蛋。 如何他媽的你打算用220的智商又花他媽的數學問題,你的整個生活的祝福?

他可以用他的高級智力發現革命性的方式來獲得貓,設計激光槍,或招待Veeky Forums的群眾,貢獻一些有意義的事。

但是....沒有......他想要共度一生的組塊他媽的數字。 黑色具有很高的智商就已經至少做了一些它的樂趣。

陶哲軒{hilip

更遠或更遠

אם ההורים של מישהו הם מטומטם מאשר שלי, לספר לנו במוקדם.

如果任何人的父母比我笨,告訴我們越快。

誰の両親は私より愚かであれば、早く教えて。

I heard he's humble

I'm taking his class for 246C in the spring. The TA is telling him to teach analytic number theory which might be cool but I've never seen number theory before so might be bad.

What classes are you guys taking? Which professors do you like the most?

>He attended university math classes at 9.
Certainly he's very smart but that only means his parents are weird

You can only reduce IQ, not increase it. Beat your head against a wall untill you fall unconsious, and take a IQ test before and after. I can guarantee your IQ will be lower after brain damage.

because he's good at doing IQ tests but not really capable of doing anything in real world

Do you really believe your IQ is the same as it was when you were 3 or that it would be the same if you had no education?

>most Americans any math more complicated than trig is moon rune
It's not just most Americans, it's most people. And trigonometry already confuses normalfags.

Bump

because math doesnt really produce exciting results

Obsessed.