lmgtfy.com/?q=the god series mike hockney
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2SOU6wwxB0uwwH80KTQ6ht66KWxbzTIo
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-i_U6p1tEY
youtu.be/rZvGfsDzTfU?t=44s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit Tier Thread

Geometry is the superior field of math

My geometer niggas

God is a Geometer, just look at how he made everything in physics geometric.

lmgtfy.com/?q=the god series mike hockney

Which god?

All argh dem.... Get it?

Is Lee's book really that good? It seems a bit limited in material compared to other diffy geo books.

I can't justify buying all this shit from Springer anymore. I used to be willing to cough up $70 instead of going to libgen but the last couple years their quality is (quite literally) createspace-tier garbage.
It depresses me as a book fetishist.

I know exactly what you mean.

These days if I can't find a (legal; through my library) e-copy of it I just don't use that resource.

And I fucking hate reading on a tablet.

How important is knowing number theory beyond the basic division algorithms if you want to into geometry?

>How important is knowing number theory beyond the basic division algorithms if you want to into geometry?
It depends on whether you're interested in arithmetic geometry or not.

A lot of theorems in commutative algebra are sort of generalizations of theorem in elementary number theory. So it may help with motivation in understanding said theorems when you go to learn commutative algebra for algebraic geometry.

However, unless you do arithmetic geometry, not much else will show up. Maybe some analytic number theory when dealing with the complex geometry of elliptic curves.

Lee's book has a ton of material, but it is not a Riemannian Geometry book.

I like them

Good taste

>mfw such a brainlet I need 3 algebraic topology books

only 2 there m8

NJB > Knox, DR, RSV2CE > NRSV-CE, NABRE >>> NIV, NKJV, KJV, ESV > NLT, NCV >>>>>>> bullshit >>> NWT

>mfw such a brainlet I can't even count

Thoughts on the book?

if you are a mechanical engineer and you didn't read these at least by freshman year, you are a shit eating pleb.

>Self-important Title: Useless Subtitle
>"Dis shit be sum real good shit yo" t. man who knows stuff
Christ, is popular nonfiction such low-rung trash.

>Hawking

and never return.

i don't blame you. Smart people are usually unhappy

OP has already read this one

lol brainlets jealous of the geometer master race

lol

Really good intro. Better yet it has its own lecture series.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2SOU6wwxB0uwwH80KTQ6ht66KWxbzTIo

brainlets lmao

>2018
>Not being Anglo

I am so sorry

Books I keep on my office desk. Grad Set Theory student.

There's no equivalent in English and these are the best books available for undergrad maths.

Also,
>studying maths
>not being French

TOP KEK

#UK Fields Medallists: 6
#France Fields Medallists: 12
yet population sizes are about the same

blow me retarded cunt

>Set Theory

that says the bibble

You can read French math texts even if u only know English. You just need to know the words, "Soit" = "Let it be", "ensemble" = "set", "alors" = "then", and pretty much everything else is a cognate with English.

Are u at UCLA?

> faggot
Why the homophobia?

You need to get your eyes check man, you might have a tumor.

On the one hand I pity students who have to invest hunderds to thousands of dollars per semester because textbooks are required
on the other, having them is fucking sexy

Why the homophilia?

mmmm smooth manifolds

I only buy ones I know are worth owning. There are plenty of books I didn't buy.

I have no idea how good this book is, but the title is so god damn awful

How about:

>An antidote to chaos

Just that. Nothing more.

What's this book like?

Bibble
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-i_U6p1tEY

Nice seeing some Stewart books ITT

>set theory
I'm so sorry

How is everything in physics? I'm asking, what you mean?

Gravity is the geometry of spacetime, Gauge Fields are the geometry of G-bundles over spacetime

Also any of Griffith's books.

Clean your room guise, fight the dragon, save the princess! That will be 17.00 please, also donate to my patron so those sjws don't win!

>Pearson

It turns out that this sort of titling is better commercially. The author or publisher is probably aware. Also keep in mind this is a self help book so its only purpose is to make money, there's no real reason to give it a fitting title.

is this God tier

Welcome to pop nonfiction.

>set theory
>2017
we're all laughing at you
t. rest of mathematics

>t. samefag

>Set Theory
you prefer the company of older men huh?

Lang is a meme.

what does a set theorist actually do?

For all x, "x is a meme" is a meme

Other way around bud.

Nothing

They try to count really high.

add 1 to your biggest number, essentially

Can you describe what interests you in set theory? Like what did you see in it and said, I want to do this for the rest of my life.

universal quantification is a meme

that argument goes both ways

Get a PhD in CS, because no one likes Set theory anymore. Least that is what I'm doing.

The evil within, I know

>I only read memes
just fucking lol

>metabolic pathways, the book
Fantastic desu. It lacks chapters about folding and binding, but there are other books for that.

Does meme = standard textbook in the field?

Almost always

How is (in terms of quality), the Atiyah-Macdonald intro to comm alg? Reviews on amazon look terrible. Also is it the second edition?

What books should I read as someone only interested in set theory,group theory, type theory and automata
As someone with an OK background I'm set theory and logic.

Also why does everyone else hate set theory

it's the best
reviewers are brainlets

I meant in terms of binding, page quality etc

What knowledge should I have if I want to learn about perturbation theory?

to a brainlet

literally meme tier self-help

My research is in descriptive set theory specifically definability using borel classification and complexity theory.
I found it fun. I get to touch a little of almost every field of mathematical logic and have a lot of breadth in mathematics. My subfield is in classification problems, so we have to know a lot of various problems in point set topology, algebraic and graph structures. Some people deal with classification of C* algebras and operators so even as far as functional analysis.
I don't know why people shit on set theory. Probably think everybody just plays with axiomatics and large cardinals and it's pointless to the rest of mathematics, in other words they don't know what a majority of set theorists do. I don't know any books that cover all those topics, but for set theory you should work through Kunen at least to understand most special topics in set theory.

>reading books written by ghost writers

What is the analysts version of OP's pic?

youtu.be/rZvGfsDzTfU?t=44s

this could be a cs guy