Math Majors

Why are most math majors incel normies? I switched from CS to Math, because CS wasn't theoretical enough, but I would be hard pressed to find someone to talk to about lambda calculus, category theory, (homotopy) type theory, or even programming aside from some trivial Python script.

numbers can't dump you

also get fucked laughin' my ass off you found out your brainlet CS skills don't mean shit to my main men mathmos

>Mfw he doesn't know about the equivalence between proofs and programs

Only surface geometryfags care about 3D anyway. My n-dimensional complex waifufold is better than anything real life could provide.

category theory seems like a complete meme

Don't underestimate the power of memes.

why do most math majors not seem to give a fuck about fundamentals or math or stuff like that?

every single person in my major is a hardcore calculus nut or loves raw computation

but im like one of five or so kids who just love set theory and formal logic and type theory and thinking about groups.

t. freshman who hasn't gotten into upper level courses yet

I'm graduating this semester

should I do a second bachelor's in math?

> going to college where they teach python

God no that syntax is for tards

It emphatically just looks like normal well styled code by default. I have to assume people who make this criticism make the most garbage unreadable c programs ever conceived

Nope. Not user, but not being able to use markers is so cancerous that I'll avoid python at all costs.

>find someone to talk to about lambda calculus, category theory, (homotopy) type theory

And by talk to you mean, "hey look! I found these words on wikipedia, aren't i smart?! Don't know how to use them for shit but I know the definition."

Forced indention is a meme. The language shouldn't have to use safety features like that. Why do you need the language to hold your hand to make sure you make readable code? I get the idea conceptually and all and I will say it was ambitious, but ultimately the force indenting is for brainlets. Brackets are The aesthetically superior choice, and only a fool would argue otherwise.

Type theory is Foundations of Mathematics and nobody cares about it, we aren't living in the beginning of the 20th century. Lambda calculus can be interesting mostly for cs and foundations fags as well. Why would math fags care about programming? It can be far less fun then mathematics for some people (i've been programming for some years and I've dabbed into some FP languages as well, t. subhuman).
It is quite surprising nobody talks about category theory since it is essential for modern mathematics. You could be mostly talking to undergrads/analyst subhumans, wait till serious algebra kicks in.

I started my degree doing algebraic topology and number theory. I switched to Finance + Statistics and Programming.

I realized halfway through that I didn't want to be an academic. And I didn't want to bust my ass to find a shitty job. Most people don't have the luxury of studying what they are genuinely interested in.

Fun fact: The majority of PHD physycists that I know work in the private sector(like me), doing the same job that I do.

>I switched from CS to Math, because CS wasn't theoretical enough
Holy shit you fucked up badly. That is just about the absolute worst reason to change majors.

how come? this seems like one of the best reasons if that's what you're interested in

>fags
Why the homophobia?

fundamentals have little to do with the majority of mathematics

>homotopy type theory
Why the homophobia?

>but im like one of five or so kids who just love set theory and formal logic and type theory and thinking about groups.
Same here. I don't get it

If you aren't retard-tier then the indentation is exactly the same anyway. The only people who argue about this are brainlets who write shit code in nano or something. If you use a half decent editor it literally has no impact on you at all, I don't think I've ever had a python interpreter error from indentation. There's plenty of reasons to choose other languages over python but muh indents isn't one of them, period.

Also, aesthetics and minimalism go hand in hand. When you look at C code, you think of it in terms of indentation depth anyway, not by parsing out where the braces are or some autistic shit like that. They only exist for the compiler. Keeping braces in a modern interpreted language is brainlet-tier, they are distracting and have no semantic value of their own