What's the evangelion of literature ?

What's the evangelion of literature ?

motorman

Revelation

A lot of Evangelion's ideas are lifted directly from Childhood's End. However, in the field of anime Evangelion is kind of considered postmodern while Childhood's End is considered middle brow or possibly even low brow as sci fi tends to be in the world of literature.

>@Pontifex

Honestly just fucking kill me right now, I don't feel like doing this any longer

Why? Yes, he can be a tad annoying, but he sincerely believes in the Good in Man and does what he preaches, unlike his hypocrite colleagues.
Is that not something to admire?

It's honestly just the concept of the Pope having a twitter account with the handle @Pontifex that somehow really compels me to end my life prematurely

That´s his official title, you moron. "Pope" just means "Papa", "Pontifex" means "Bridgemaker between Heaven and Earth".

You don't understand, stop replying to me.

*No*

What, do you think the Church doesn´t has to go with the times? If you have ears, hear, and if you have a twitter, follow.
Updating the tech =! Getting rid of orginal values, motherfucker.

He's talking about the indignity of the world, not about appropriate methods of proselytism.

Do you mean the slut replying to him?

I don´t get it, what´s your problem with the pic?
Yes, the Pope can tweet. Yes, he can tweet about whatever the fuck he likes. Yes, shitty people exist, the world is full of them, actually.
What´s the problem?

Nothing. EVA is unique.
Just accept it.

A better question would be:
Which philosopher should I read to better understand evangelion?

>Which philosopher should I read to better understand evangelion?
NEET-Chan
Kierkegaard
Dosto
Some deconstructivists (not the marxist ones, tho)

I immediately jumped into Wittgenstein because of the parts regarding personality.
>This is me, and this is also me, me in somebody else's mind
Fascinating.

>>This is me, and this is also me, me in somebody else's mind
>Fascinating.
That´s common knowledge. We are somebody else in the minds of others, who would have guessed.

I just never thought about it that way.

Ode to the great fire deluge
>inb4 it's just a Canticle for Leibowitz

Ender's Game or some shit.

He literally has autism

Sickness unto Death

Dark Souls

>Nothing. EVA is unique.
Kek

are you saying people are born without knowledge and that only a very select few are capable of forming novel philosophies about life without outside knowledge? that would imply that there are great men in this world, not just mediocre people!

(also lol at "common knowledge" most people outside of philosophical spheres of influence are egotistical solipsist these days)

Pontifex is a latin term, not some Xtreme Spelling of Pontifice

The part about you presenting an image of yourself to outsiders was clear to me.
Even used it a few times.
But I never thought about others having a different interpretation of that image.
Like there is image A but there is conclusion B1 B2 B3 ad infinitum.

>tfw I got everything at hand to deconstruct EVA using philosophy
>tfw too sick and work ridden to do it
Destiny even sent me a copy of Zarathustra and Wille und Vorstellung as a gift. (As in, got them for free)