Oldest star in sky is 6,000 years old

Answer me this, atheists of Veeky Forums:

The bible claims the universe is 6,000 years old.

If the universe was 14 billion years old, the oldest visible star should be 14 billion light years away and the night-sky should look practically white with all the stars. Instead, the oldest visible star is 6,000 light years away.

Now, what's harder, denying the "science" you fetishize so much, or denouncing your faggotry and not fucking men so you won't go to hell, soyboy?
space.com/24625-oldest-star-universe-discovery.html

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/24625-oldest-star-universe-discovery.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>oldest visible star should be 14 billion light years away

jesus, you are out of your league,
the oldest visibles are 46 bn ly away

read another book

Because we can only see stars in our galaxy. What is this shitty bait? What do you think those big swirly things 14 billion light years away ARE?

"Light year" is a measure of distance. "Year" is a measure of time. 6000 "light years" does not equal 6000 "years".

The very article you post clearly states
>Scientists think SMSS J031300.362670839.3is probably at least 13 billion years old

This thread is clearly bait

Time to go back to /pol/ fascist cuck!

>replying to bait
count me in

>The bible claims the universe is 6,000 years old.
Nowhere in the Bible is any claim about "6000 years old", you heretic.

The distance of stars don't determine their age.

[citation needed]

do you think Proxima Centauri is 4 years old?

no, so what?

Of course. Don't you remember when Obama spent trillions on this unnecessary shit?

>Nowhere in the Bible is any claim about "6000 years old", you heretic.
for your information, there's a list of ages of men when their first son was born, ready to be added up all the way until the egyptian captivity, which has a stated length and is claimed to end in a more or less dateable actual period. this leads to Ussher's 6000 years therefore the stuff up to and including the egyptian captivity is pure made-up bullshit.

the distance of visible stars does determine a lower limit of their period of existence, because the light needs the time to reach us. if we see a star 180 light-years away, that star must have existed 180 years ago, although it might not exist today.

>and the night-sky should look practically white with all the stars
this does not follow. thirteen billion years is much shorter than infinity. you cannot just bastardize the defunct olbers' paradox this way.

sure it's bait but don't tell me someone starting such threads is mentally healthy and not hurt at all by destructive replies.

>denouncing your faggotry
Why the homophobia?

Everyone on this thread is wrong. "stars" don't exist. They are just projections onto the dome surrounding the Earth. The Earth is flat, and at the center of the universe, and those "stars" and "Galaxies" you can see are just projections made by NASA and funded by Obama.

If the Earth was spinning why can't I feel it? If the Earth was round, how come all the maps are on flat surfaces? How can "stars be lightyears away when years are a measure of time? Wake up, sheeple!

Someone actually wants to bait anons into getting pissed, so he writes what he himself doesn't think. Everyone attacks the view which OP doesn't share with the might of a thousand autism tantrums just like OP wanted. How do you think OP feels? Sad and scared that his bait got so many (You)s?

>why can't I feel it
putting my money on "doesn't have a brain"

People are just bored and killing time. Calm down.

no, what I think is that OP wishes, deep down, to be seen as the virtuous man who successfully btfo'd atheists, but has been annihilated so much he's now on a full metal stanislawski regimen to convince himself that he does not care and is only trolling. I base this hypothesis on the axiom that sane people wouldn't enjoy empty shit like (you)'s for (you)'s sake, and the choice an insane man makes when trolling is instructive about the nature and origin of his insanity.
tldr trolls are desperately pretending to themselves that they are trolls.

Stop with personal interpretations of the Holy Book disgusting prot.
Study history and Hebrew literature first before you dare to stain the Word of the Lord.
Even most church Fathers disagreed with a "literal" interpretation of a poetic style literature aka first 11 chapters of the Genesis.
Go suck Luther dick somewhere else.
Don't you ever use the Bible to prove your own opinions or the wrath of the Lord shall be upon you.

>ages of those man that were extended so there would be no discontinuities in the text.
Do you even study old Hebrew texts heretic? The young earth memes were all made up by protestants. Dumbs in science and heretics in religion.
Hell awaits them.

>Now, what's harder, denying the "science" you fetishize so much, or denouncing your faggotry and not fucking men so you won't go to hell, soyboy?
I realise this is bait but...
Normative masculinity is inherently unmasculine. And the real 'soyboy' is the delusional child still clinging to fairy tales, so he doesn't have to face reality.

The bible is a billion years old.

The sun is only 8 lightminutes away.
Therefore the sun is only 8 minutes old.

Scientists btfo

holy fuck you flat earthers are so goddamn retarded i'm so tired of this stupid fucking psyop popping up every single goddamn day, my god what a grand success this one was out of all the purposely fabricated conspiracy theories this is literally the only one to gain a decent amount traction and my fucking lord did it; suddenly everyone and their fucking mother believes the earth is flat. Like they must be having a ball over at Illuminati, Intelligence Agency, Brotherhood of Belial, Dick in my ass, Lucifer social-memory-complex fucking headquarters due to the sheer lack of deductive skills you fucking inbred have. Like its so fucking dumb, all of science supports spherical dimensions because no shit we're in the 3rd fucking dimension its how we fucking perceive things you fucking assholes. Take a point and give it depth height and width OH HOLY SHIT ITS A FUCKING SPHERE NO GODDAMN SHIT YOU HORSE FUCKERS, Bu -b-b-but Your science is Wrong! We are Misled! they say then Immediately proceed to try and back up their retarded claims with WHO GUESSED IT: SCIENCE . NO STOP RIGHT THERE. YOU CAN'T CLAIM SCIENCE IS BULLSHIT THEN PROCEED TO TRY AND USE IT AGAINST ITSELF

Secondly even if the whole bullshit giant ice wall thing was real and the earth we know was a fraction of the planet IT WOULD STILL BE A SPHERE GO SUCK ON A FAT COCK YOU FAGGOTS

Either way you have the right to an opinion even if that opinion was implanted for nefarious purposes
Doesn't mean i'm not gonna call you a cunt because you're a misled fucking piece of trash though

Man that felt good, thanks for sticking with me yall

Seriously though its a sphere.
Sphere.

Fuckers.

The Earth is zero light minutes away, does that mean we are constantly being reborn??????????????

oldest visible objects are quasars not stars, they're about 13 billion years old
we do get light coming from everywhere at once, it's just super redshifted - the Cosmic Microwave Background radiation

>Do you even study old Hebrew texts heretic?
my good karma protected me from such a horrible fate.
>The young earth memes were all made up by protestants
hurr durr catholics aren't superstitious retards amirite? anyway Ussher was almost catholic, certainly so in matters of theology (church of ireland, you know), so whatever it is you think protects catholics from this error, well it doesn't.

The spherical model is beneficial to those in power, flat earth doesn't benefit them at all which is why they've tried to hide it.

There is no such thing as science. It is just a term beta virgin weakling 'scientists' use to sound smart when in fact there fucking retarded.

Anglican is way different from Catholics you fucking retard. And yes superstition is top heresy because only God has power over creation.

Anglicans don't believe in true presence, do not have apostolic succession, do not obey the pope, do not believe in the true presence, don't accept Marian dogmas, don't accept the infallibility of the pope nor the ecumenical councils, and nowadays have legal gay "marriage" (obviously back then they hadn't).
Therefore the only thing Anglican theology has in common with Catholics is that we like Jesus.

>The bible claims the universe is 6,000 years old.
It doesn't, you know. Nowhere does it say when the Earth was created. It was some idiotic religious sect that decided they'd try to determine the age of the earth by using the genealogy and assuming Adam (mankind) was created just days after the universe. Now they're pumping that because the controversy gives them free press by the folks that publish controversial stuff to get advertising revenue.

>when in fact there fucking retarded.
Right. They're you have it, right their.

>space.com/24625-oldest-star-universe-discovery.html
but they guessed that it was 13 gazillion years old