What do non STEM majors actually do? Not trying to bait...

What do non STEM majors actually do? Not trying to bait, but I've just always wondered what exactly is it that they learn, what classes do they take? Do they just write a bunch of papers?

Read past and current theories on whatever subject. I used to be a poly sci/law major and every week at least one paper was due on some political theory and how it relates to today. Also, we studied how to appropriately use statistics (not actually calculate anything, just how to use them in a paper).

Why are you asking this in a STEM board? They do the same thing STEM faculties do but applied to their own field.

>poetry major
????

My roommate is a history major and one of his final projects is a research paper about Native/US settler interactions taken from primary sources. They seem to write a lot of papers. Psychologists just seem to look at studies and surveys. I have no fucking clue what cultural anthropologists or other super soft fields do.

Are you retarded?

Heard they learn history of art.

The majority of them become customer service reps and office people, never using their degree.

Pretty sure half at least a fourth of my class dropped during our philosophy 101 class.

Not the case with business majors

I'm an econ major. I do risk management at an insurance firm.

I am philosophy major, and we learn philosophical theory in class, read related books beside the class material, develop your own thought and prepare your own logical arguments against these philosopher for the midterms and finals."

If they don’t go into finance or something like that they do. I work as csr with many business majors and i am just uneducated sophomore scum jonesing for a paycheck so I can keep doing muh calculations.

>What do non STEM majors actually do?
lots of drugs and sex.

>but I've just always wondered what exactly is it that they learn
They don't.

>what classes do they take?
GE classes and slightly harder technically not GE classes.

>Do they just write a bunch of papers?
Sorta.

Business majors with ba degrees ***

The people who want to become engineers past impossible challenges that most mortal men will fail.
Yes engineers are truly the best of humanity. Engineers are never appreciated by the masses, but nor do they need it, for why would god-like pantheons need praise from lesser beings? It is more of an insult.

Apt analysis my good user. I can trust you because obviously you’re an engineer.

Did Psychology for 1.5 year. It was basically
>a lot of reading
>ocasionally doing field research (asking people about something specific)
>presenting it on a seminar or discussing it
>tests were obviously easy. Just memorize main concepts the day before

If engineers are so smart how come they are so prone to believe any /pol/ style sourceless infograph/youtube video/etc as fact and base their worldviews on it?

the easy answer is because engineers aren't that smart.

>doing meme tiered survey psychology
Even people within psychology think with few exceptions questionnaires are bad.

The only exception to this rule if a questionnaire has been tested to see if behavioral responses in real situations correspond to questionnaire answers.

Because pol promise job for westerner engineer. Stupid racists don’t know how world works now.

Total crap. Business is one of the most saturated fields. If you're not swinging a dick from an Ivy or a top 10 then you're gonna end up in a cubicle, cold-calling for a service company and getting bent over in meetings.