Happy birthday p-kun~

happy birthday p-kun~

Born: May 8, 1937

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RjWKPdDk0_U
digitalcommons.iwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1011&context=eng_honproj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm still holding on the the likely false hope that he's got one more tome in him. He's probably already dead, though, and we won't hear about it for years.

shouldn't we make him a happy birthday card or something? if it is spread on the interwebs he may see it
he'll be fine

his dad and mom were 90 something hen he died, So, i have hope for at least one more book

we could send it to him in care of the publisher

add your message

bump

I can't add something right now, but could someone add "Who's faster, Speedy Gonzalez or Road Runner? Your move, old man." for me? Thanks

he's dead you retards

his son browses this board though

Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.

Are you Jackson Pynchon? I like your daddy's books.

hell be fine

Happy Pynch Day, everyone.

You can outrun it, Pynch!

Hi guys, my dad wanted me to tell you to 'fuck off'

Quit ruining your dad's mystique, Jackson.

Tell him to fuck off and write another tome

kek
Great addition user.

ty ruggles

I still hold out hope that we'll find out when he dies so we can crash his funeral. Just load up our cars with cheap wine and Jim Beam, get shitfaced, and give embarrassing speeches about how much Pynchon's works have meant to us.

is someone going to send the card? I think he would enjoy the blicero/lollita thing

Do we even know his mailing address?

This makes me feel really happy to see this.

How will it be sent?

someone said to send it to the publisher

Damn, I wish I wasn't at work so I could add on to this.

125 W 72nd St, New York, NY 10023
Melanie Jackson Agency, Address
copypasted directly from Google

w-what if we scare him off like we scared Katie away?

just send it famalam
or should we add more memes?

think he talks like his hymen still intact?

let's wait a full day so night anons can still see it

Someone add "Your last name means a raunchy way of fucking in Spanish slang. How did you do it?"

Fix'd it for you

Fixed it for (you)

happy bday tommy

Post yfw he will die and we will never know how his voice sounded like and will never be able to imagine him reading his stories to us

He voiced himself on The Simpsons though

The comment section is filled with Veeky Forumsfags

Well do I have good news for you

www DOT youtube.com SLASH watch?v
EQUAL -Ds4OLUDIvg

>Forgetting the link in 2016

youtu.be/RjWKPdDk0_U

This is wonderfully well put, user. I'd only add that in the midst of all this he's perfectly capable of breaking one's heart and often does. Thinking specifically of the conclusion of M&D but even V's dismantling touched me, etc.

Hold on, have I been adding these retarded words things inbetween the link for nothing ?

MMMMk

>inb4 no one sends it

Anyone know how to contact Thomas Pynchon?

I hope he does get it.
Write Happy Birthday on the outside of the envelope, fold up a crisp $5 bill inside.

seejust wish him a happy birthday instead of trying to be funny with your autistic pastas, you shitlords

Happy bday, papa pynch

high quality thread

>just wish him a happy birthday instead of trying to be funny with your autistic pastas, you shitlords
This

no need, old pincher has prob been watchin it develop rite here. happy birthday memelord

I feel like this is a good time to ask. Why do people like Pynchon? I get that his writing is meant to be a bit confusing, so what's the point? What can I possibly gain from reading any of his stories?

it's solid writing, and it's not meant to be THAT confusing. Not all of his work is demanding, Lot 49 will give you a great sense of why he's loved

Aside from the great writing, what's interesting about his stories? Does he make clever observations about people or what?

what the fuck is this person here for?

To learn.

Yes.

>Does he...
He does everything.
Just read something, but I wouldn't recommend lot 49, I'd go with Inherent Vice.

KEK

his books usually have something to say about a certain era or time period, Pynchon has a wide knowledge of history that he draws from and references a lot in most of his books

People like his books for a lot of things, they have a pretty big scope, quality prose, humor, and in general they are really just entertaining books. The 'goofs, gags, jokes, and rambunctious behavior' copypasta isn't too far off the mark as to why people like Pynchon. GR and Against The Day are my favorite books from him

But what if I don't understand any of the historical or literary references? There's no way that all of his fans are that smart.

This tbqh.
Gravity's Rainbow just struck me as one of the most refreshingly new and unique books I've ever read, and it retained that after reading it two more times.

Pynchon has a lot going for him, but my favorite thing is that his books always have a lot of great characters.
Finishing up GR right now, like 15 or 20 characters that are top tier.

Could someone add a picture of a pinecone for me? It keeps saying my post is spam.

Coincidence?

I'm reading Bleeding Edge.
Does anyone else think that Hitler wore the cologne No 4711?
Pynchon makes a compelling argument, I've ordered a sample.

To be a moron.

assuming the hitler cologne ref is to white noise. wonder why pynchon linked to delillo in bleeding edge?

I can't wait for this to never be sent

The thing is that the references by themselves aren't the main point, he always uses them, history, philosophy, science, or whatever, into the context of some character inner problems or whatever

somebody put DESU~ on the post-card

Somebody better send it I swear to fucking god

digitalcommons.iwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1011&context=eng_honproj

Pretty interesting read about GR.