Students keep asking professor complex questions to try and seem smart

>students keep asking professor complex questions to try and seem smart
>same students get 60s on the tests

Yeah but

After the curve it's an

I hate the guy who always spoils the big concept the professor sets up because he failed the class 2 semesters ago after having a mental breakdown.

t. OP

>student keeps asking complex questions because he's genuinely interested in the theory
>same student gets 60 at the tests because the questions are simple but tedious

ftfy

Genuinely go to office hours for that

>I'm too smart to be smart

>students complain when taking up the test
>end up getting 1/10th of the questions removed
>you got all of those questions right, making your final mark less impressive

>same student gets 60 at the tests because the questions are simple but tedious

What the fuck does this even mean? The questions were so "simple" and "tedious" that you could only muster a D on the exam? Have you considered that you just need to study and not be a faggot?

Something that's simple but prone to making small mistakes. Like derivating an absurdly big function or calculating the determinant of a 5x5 matrix.

what kind of complex questions r u asking about calc 3 and introductory linear algebra

>I blindly trust numerical calculations by computers.

t.cit

>Veeky Forums - University & College

>derivating
>not differentiating
are you some kind of idiot?

>60% is a D
do you go to a school with hardcore grade inflation and easy exams or something?

>Veeky Forums - High School & NEEThood

% is a D

100 to 90 is A
80 = B
70 = C
60 = D
60 below = F

60-50 F

A 'D' is basically just a glorified F at my university. Only C- or higher is passing for most courses.

I ask questions at the end of class that probably make me look like an annoying fuck who's trying to look smart, I also get bad grades.
Please be nice and charitable. I'm retarded, know I'm retarded, I just have some questions I'm curious about. Please let me learn in peace.

>class about logic, introduction to set and number theory
>this guy keeps asking about mathematical structures
>professor quickly goes over monoids, groups and fields but eventually tells him everything beyond a ring is out of the scope of the course and we don't have that much time
>he doesn't give a shit and keeps at it
>professor visibly upset about the constant interruptions
>first exam day comes
>said student fails spectacularly
>professor literally tells him "I guess you're all talk" when handing over the test

savage

>One is more likely to make a mistake inputting a single function into a calculator than solving a problem with dozens of steps

I know your courses force you to solve problems by hand, and you're trying to convince yourself you're not wasting your life, but 99 times out of 100 computers are able to solve problems more efficiently and accurately.

Keep telling yourself that