Is this book only for meatheads filled with steroids with small dicks who listen to the Joe Rogan podcast?

Is this book only for meatheads filled with steroids with small dicks who listen to the Joe Rogan podcast?

It's also got a strong presence among the insecure overcompensating tim ferriss crowd.
>not naming your book four hour discipline

Really? I'm noticing a pattern here....

I like biographies by Navy Seals or other special forces because I think one can learn from those guys and they are somewhat entertaining

Self Help or advice books are for losers though

I lived with a guy who was really into both Joe Rogan and Tim Ferriss. He liked to think of himself as an "alpha male", yet he spent most of his time smoking weed in his room.

Yep I know the type...most meatheads and "alpha" beta males are lonely AF.

Honestly some of jocko's podcasts are decent. The one where he reads from the strategikon comes to mind
I'd blame that more on Joe than Tim. Joe can become a vicarious fantasy life for the potheads out there. Still entertaining from time to time, though

Rogan wants it that way though. He portrays himself as the "everyman" who just lifts, does mma, talks about random shit and SMOKES WEED DUDE. In reality he's a celebrity who has tons of rich friends.

Isn't that the idea? He's selling the "you too can be just like me" bit just like every other self help guru, but he's tapped into the weed/bro market better than anyone else.
I don't think anyone outside that market listens to him, and I don't think anyone who isn't open to that message can find much of value there.

Well of course that's the idea but he actually buys into his own bullshit which is probably why it sells so well to dumbfucks.

It's not that he buys into his own bullshit, it's that Jo IS "alpha" in that he is extremely rich and basically does whatever he wants. The fact that someone does what they want to do and gets success from it doesn't mean they are conning people, it's just that fanboys always make the mistake of thinking that the "be yourself" message translates to "be like that guy who encouraged me to be myself!"

You sound suspiciously like one of his fanboys.
He does buy into his own bullshit just watch his interviews where he gets called out on it he immediately gets aggro as he always does and talks about how he really is just SOME DUDE MAN who SMOKES WEED DUDE

I've watched only one of his podcasts. So you think anger is a sign of dishonesty? Even when someone basically calls you full of shit in front of an enormous audience?

LOL don't pretend man. The fact that you think he's right in defending himself as the "everyman" who "totally doesn't have rich celebrity friends" and just "SMOKES WEED DUDE" makes it obvious you're a fanboy.

>ignores easy questions and instead starts reply with a nervous LOL

I don't care if he says he smokes weed, he definitely looks like a stoner I wouldnt assume hes lying about it. But I'm curious: Can you show me where he ever denies having rich friends? (since you seem to know his shows so well)

>nervous LOL
LOL you can infer that through the internet?
dude you're obviously butthurt about having your daddy put down but just know that he's not actually your daddy and he's not going to fix your pwobwems for you.
don't see what i was ignoring, you just asked a stupid question about how anger proves anything, you think the guy who sells snake oil is happy when they're called out on their bullshit and won't try to flip it around?
also don't get why you need to pretend you've "only watched one video" LOL.

>LOL you can infer that through the internet?
>proceeds with entire post of ad hominem

The U.S military hasn't won anything since WW2.

>implying the US wants wars to be resolved.

What is Korea, Vietnam, first and second gulf war

Inb4 lost Korea and Vietnam

South Korea is still going strong to this day

A peace accords was signed in Vietnam and coalition troops withdrew, fighting sparked back up and two years later North Vietnamese troops took Saigon

Touché. Either way subtitles like the one in OP's pic are quite ironic.

how is that related? do people even get nervous typing on the internet?
if you actually read the entire thing you'll realize it wasn't all ad hominem either. try not getting mad like your daddy and calmly reading things through.

So if he is a snake oil salesman then what is the snake oil? His personality? And if it is "fake", would you say that Ricky Gervais is a snake oil salesman for putting up a persona to entertain?

You keep bringing up daddy issues, is this the problem? Because you seem to have a lot of anger about some random man on the internet...

>this is what americucks actually believes

Ricky Gervais doesn't pretend to be the "average guy".
I don't have anger about him, I'm saying he's full of shit just because it gets you butthurt doesn't mean I hate him. And I'm saying people who worship him like you do have daddy issues.

?

The Seals can still win their individual battles even if the wider war is lost. Plus, most of America's "defeats" happened because the public got tired of the war, not because of any strategic or tactical enemy victory. Whiny civilians and butthurt liberals are more dangerous than an entire army of Viet Cong.

The fact that you NEED to keep pretending I am a fan and that I am angry shows how empty your whole argument is. Your only reason for thinking he is full of shit so far is that he says he doesn't have rich friends (no evidence whatsoever) and that he says he smokes weed ("OH NO MUST BE LYING NO ONE DOES THAT!"). Its really weird, user. You have this attitude about a random celebrity you pulled out of thin air, and then have the nerve to project your obsession onto me and say I have daddy issues (literally most classic projection), just because I tell you that it's a weird, unsubstantiated opinion. I don't know how to tell you this, user, but I think you might be in love with Rogan and your father.