Why do Veeky Forums support GMO food when it clearly have economic motives and clearly their interest is to make money...

Why do Veeky Forums support GMO food when it clearly have economic motives and clearly their interest is to make money rather than do good?

Monsanto literally makes terminator seeds, that clearly shows they don't give a fuck about humans but money.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_use_restriction_technology
theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/25/is-sugar-really-as-addictive-as-cocaine-scientists-row-over-effect-on-body-and-brain
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-food-companies-bias-health-research-180960440/
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320156.php
gmo.news/2016-04-19-not-safe-to-eat-rats-fed-lifetime-of-gmo-corn-grow-horrifying-tumors-die-very-early.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Séralini_affair
collective-evolution.com/2014/04/08/10-scientific-studies-proving-gmos-can-be-harmful-to-human-health/
responsibletechnology.org/10-reasons-to-avoid-gmos/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

money only has value because humans exist.

GMO is good. Monsanto has some bad. Saying all GMO is bad is like saying all vegetables are bad because some mushrooms can kill you

>obesity epidemic happens for no magical reason beyond making money

Look up what logical fallacies are so you stop using them. I'll give you a starting point, the one you just used it called "false equivalency"

>their interest is to make money
>therefore bad
Do you not realize what a terrible argument this is?

>he doesn't know companies already make fraud on regulations to make more profit, even at the expense of their consumers

>money is evil

While you read up on logical fallacies, you should also read up on Adam Smith.

>what is food companies using a cancerous substance that causes adiction that fills 60% of their food
???

>Why do Veeky Forums support GMO food when it clearly have economic motives and clearly their interest is to make money rather than do good?
You mean like everything ever sold?

>Monsanto literally makes terminator seeds
They literally don't.

>what are monopolies and oligarchies
>muh free market myth
name a single free market country retard that isn't somalia.

>what is food companies using a cancerous substance that causes adiction that fills 60% of their food
A bullshit story you just made up.

>what is sugar
>sugar doesn't cause cancer
>most industrial food isn't 60 sugar
>le sugar doesn't cause adiction
>le companies want our best interest

>everything i don't like is a myth

>monopolies don't happen in the free market

>companies i don't like are monopolies

>the free market can exist when there are states and corporations that collude to protect their interest.
the only free market shit is cryptocoins and look how is made illegal.

>making shitty, high school-level arguments on Veeky Forums.org

>Why do Veeky Forums support GMO food when it clearly have economic motives and clearly their interest is to make money rather than do good?

Like literally every commercial good ever produced? Monsanto is evil for the same reason every profit-obsessed megacorporation is evil, but that doesn't mean that their product is bad for you or the environment. Corporations seek to maximize profit by providing a supply to an unmet demand. Whether their supply is 'good' or not has nothing to do with their status as a for-profit firm.

>Monsanto literally makes terminator seeds, that clearly shows they don't give a fuck about humans but money.

Except they don't, since that's literally the most well-repeated lie about GMOs. Terminator seeds (or more accurately, Genetic Use Restriction Technologies (GURT)) do not exist in a commercial setting. They've been created in laboratories but neither Monsanto, nor any other big agriculture corporation, sells them.

Read:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_use_restriction_technology

>not yet commercially available

forgot to link to top-level comment

>there's a literal shitposting breakdown on pol right now because the entire american goverment is corrupt
the same people that owns the war companies also own food companies, faggot.

>what is sugar
A type of carbohydrate.

>sugar doesn't cause cancer
True.

>most industrial food isn't 60 sugar
If you mean 60%, true.

>le sugar doesn't cause adiction
Maybe for some people.

>le companies want our best interest
Where did I say they do?

hey dipshit, literally every edible food except for meat has some type of carbohydrate in it. and even if you eat nothing but meat, your body is still going to synthesize glucose for the organs that require it to function

>adiction
theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/25/is-sugar-really-as-addictive-as-cocaine-scientists-row-over-effect-on-body-and-brain

>industrial food
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-food-companies-bias-health-research-180960440/

>cancer
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320156.php

yeah nigger, is not like the food industry supresses science research that could affect their profits and support science that makes their buddies at the regulatory bodies claim that sugar is safe.

>organic food is the same as synthetic ones
lmao retard.

Well some people exploit clean water to make money. Doesn't mean clean water is bad.

>the researchs that support GMO is funded by the same companies that produce GMO food
>the research that is independant and shows GMO is bad is clearly not funded or claimed unscientific and contradictory of the research GMO companies have funded
???

>experts describing the claims as “absurd”
Thanks for proving my point.

>While a number of population studies concur with this finding, others refute such a link.
So it's a big nothingburger.

You are really really bad at arguing.

>people don't have the right to own whatever they want

>>the research that is independant and shows GMO is bad

such as?

>the research that is independant and shows GMO is bad
Such as?

>theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/25/is-sugar-really-as-addictive-as-cocaine-scientists-row-over-effect-on-body-and-brain

Anyone who seriously equates the two has never done cocaine. That's just fucking retarded and why you should stop reading pop science.

>(((experts))) funded by Monsanto and other companies.

gmo.news/2016-04-19-not-safe-to-eat-rats-fed-lifetime-of-gmo-corn-grow-horrifying-tumors-die-very-early.html

>sugar is not adicting

>I've never done cocaine.

go on a keto/no sugar no carb diet just for 1 week
let us know how you feel on day 7

>sugar doesn't cause adiction because I'm not adicted

>>(((experts))) funded by Monsanto and other companies.
So you have proof that Hisham Ziauddeen, Maggie Westwater, and Tom Sanders are funded by Monsanto? Where is it?

>Serralini study
Yes of course you would cite this retracted, long debunked piece of pseudoscience. Thank you for showing you have no idea what you're talking about.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Séralini_affair

>oh vey (((the scientific comunity)))
>oh goy, that's antisemitic
ok retard, now name how name diferent companies in world food industry are (there's less than a dozen).

>stop drinking water and let us know how you feel after day 7
>I'm a dumb frogposter who links click bait articles that make stupid assertions without evidence.

Those are the experts cited in the article, which you just claimed are funded by Monsanto. So you were lying weren't you? Why do you need to lie? Are you not confident enough in your knowledge of the subject?

>A chief criticism was that each part of the study had too few rats to obtain statistically useful data, particularly because the strain of rat used, Sprague Dawley, develops tumors at a high rate over its lifetime

Are you fucking retarded? It's a strain of rat that develops tumors regardless of whether your feed it GMOs or not.

collective-evolution.com/2014/04/08/10-scientific-studies-proving-gmos-can-be-harmful-to-human-health/

>oh goy, clearly the research that goes against the narrative we create is pseudoscience
>don't make questions goy
>that's antisemitic

>study claims presence of GMO proteins in blood serum is dangerous

At what dose? The effective range for Cry protein in the study was 0-0.14ng/mL. That's fucking tiny. For comparison, pregnant women are allowed to consume somewhere on the order of a couple micrograms of mercury per day.

>study claims horizontal gene transfection in human cells via GMOs

yeah sure, dude. if that's the case, why aren't my cells transfected with random bits of organic tomato DNA? It's not like GMO food is the only thing that contains DNA in it - every plant and animal food does.

>link to gluten disorders

population correlation studies can say whatever you want them to say. chocolate causes cancer? chocolate cures cancer? literally both of those things have been published at some point. unless you can give a causative link, these findings are pretty meaningless

>mice tumors

This is the aforementioned, retracted Seralini paper.

>glyphosate causes breast cancer

Color me surprised that a pesticide causes cells to develop cancer in vitro. That study doesn't say whether your body absorbs enough to actually cause that.

responsibletechnology.org/10-reasons-to-avoid-gmos/

>oh vey clearly the studies that are not funded by monsanto and contradicts what the (((experts))) that are friends of the companies say is wrong
>don't question things goy
>you sound like a thin foil person user.

>it clearly have economic motives and clearly their interest is to make money rather than do good?

Welcome to capitalism, I guess you come form the USSR of the 60's, time traveler.

>companies biggest interest is to keep the population fat and ill because that makes more money and increases the GDP
>hey, capitalism is everything good and perfect
>dirty commie

>you sound like a thin foil person user.

you sound like a dipshit that doesn't know how to read papers and delineate the difference between a significant safety finding and a headline that naturo-fucks can use to write anti-GMO articles.

I have a spreadsheet saved somewhere of 1400+ studies on genetically-engineered foods that show no significant dangers to human health or the environment. If I send you it, will you kindly jump off a bridge?

>companies biggest interest is to keep the population fat and ill because that makes more money and increases the GDP
>hey, capitalism is everything good and perfect
>dirty commie

man you're just a special type of stupid, aren't you?

tell me why isn't in the best economic monetary sense to keep people adicted, fat and ill in a capitalist system.

Literally irrelevant to my comment. Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

>www.gmo.news
There's your problem.

Because there's literally a capitalist market for people to own anti-addiction clinics, gyms, and hospitals. If those services don't work, people don't buy them, and the firms go broke.

Nobody said that a profit-based system is morally pure - because it's not. Firms that sell cigarettes have the incentive to get more people smoking, which is objectively bad for public health. But firms that sell cribs for babies have the incentive to make cribs that prevent sudden infant death and keep babies safe. That's a good thing.

>oh vey, my propaganda sources are better than your propaganda sources

>he doesn't know right now all industries are owned by the same people who also own the military and the deep state that dictates the politics
>muh small bussiness

>1. Multiple Toxins From GMOs Detected In Maternal and Fetal Blood
Doesn't show harm! And irrelevant since it doesn't differentiate between GMO and non-GMO sources of pesticide. For example, Bt is in widespread use in not just non-GMO farming but in organic farming, since it's a natural pesticide.

>2. DNA From Genetically Modified Crops Can Be Transferred Into Humans Who Eat Them
Doesn't show harm! And irrelevant since ANYTHING you eat can transfect you.

>3. New Study Links GMOs To Gluten Disorders That Affect 18 Million Americans
No study is presented, just a blog post. GMO wheat is not on the market, so there is no connection here anyway.

>4. Study Links Genetically Modified Corn to Rat Tumors
See >5. Glyphosate Induces Human Breast Cancer Cells Growth via Estrogen Receptors
Has nothing to do with GMOs

>6. Glyphosate Linked To Birth Defects
>7) Study Links Glyphosate To Autism, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
No studies are presented.

>8) Chronically Ill Humans Have Higher Glyphosate Levels Than Healthy Humans
Has nothing to do with GMOs

>9. Studies Link GMO Animal Feed to Severe Stomach Inflammation and Enlarged Uteri in Pigs
This study is as widely debunked as Seralini. Look it up.

>10. GMO risk assessment is based on very little scientific evidence in the sense that the testing methods recommended are not adequate to ensure safety.
Doesn't show harm, 2 out of 3 are not studies.

Why do anti-GMO tards have to lie so much?

are you autistic or just trolling?

>oh vey, everything that the powers that be tells me on TV is good then is good
>muh scientific consensus that is funded by the same companies and the same regulatory buddies in the goverment
>let's ignore the fact all research that goes againts the goverment and corporations narrative is called pseudosience (see anti vaccines, anti global warming, most serious archeology that debunks evolution, underwater cities, clinton fundation)
>but that shit is /x/

>oh vey, my propaganda sources are better than your propaganda sources

Damn going all out I see, *tips fedora* I guess I will have to start using 25% of my power. *mutters "Please forgive me master" under my breath as I unsheathe my katana* OMAEWAMUYSHINDYJEW *teleports behind you and slices you and half*

>Fallacy fallacy

in the event you're not trolling, just keep in mind that this ironic greentext retard bullshit isn't going to win anyone over to your side of the war against the evil gubmint deep state

you tried citing some studies, which I can slightly respect - the only problem being that many of them are bullshit, and the ones that aren't are not nearly as significant or conclusive as you think they are

>vegetables
>mushrooms
>can't phylogenetics