Someone was so buttmad they got the old thread removed, so meet the new thread

Someone was so buttmad they got the old thread removed, so meet the new thread.

This is the """"man"""" who you think is going to save Western civilization?

Pathetic.

Also, rec me some alternate philosophy/literature that proposes a better solution for saving Western civilization than filthy Jungian shite.

nice ad hominem

>All insults are part of an argument

No.

Our mod is having a temper tantrum because his leftypol fantasy of Veeky Forums is being displaced by new immigrants to the board.

>thinking personal fashion/sexual/whatever choices discredits a proposed solution to a problem

B-but it wasn't an argument!

I'm not a new immigrant; I'm an old holdover from Catholic Veeky Forums. It was the best of times, truly, when we conquered the board from the Marxists. Now there's a threeway schism between /pol/ border-crossers, marxist resurgence, and Jungian queens. This board has become a hell and needs to sort itself out.

lol nerd

Ah, you're responding to that. I thought you were responding to the "Jungian shite" comment.

No, his willingness to emasculate himself for his daughter is pretty clearly degenerate and needs to stop. Reminder that all faggots burn in hell, user.

The NRx threads are usually alright though

get a value system, fool

nah, could you elaborate on why you think he is wrong? within three weeks i have found him, immediately been attracted, and watched just under 30 hours of his lectures. that being said, i can't help shake the feeling that there is something he is not seeing.

what do you think that is?

lmao

What are you like 30 now

Do you have a job? Are you in/are you pursuing an intimate relationship?

Do you have friends?

Archetypes are nonsense is the problem. If you believe that Christ is just part of a larger system of subconscious substance and not THE thing, then you've fundamentally failed at understanding why Christ is so important.

Also, look at this. Fucking nonsense.

I like him a lot. He seems like a great guy and I support a lot of the stuff he says, yet he pisses me off. Not sure why. Probably because I'm a depressed Nihilist and his remedies to fixing that mindset all suck. Dude just sort yourself out lmao, dude clean your room lmao, dude male dominance hierarchy lmao. How about none of that and we all just end it?

...You realize Veeky Forums isn't that old a board, right?

>Do you have a job
Part time, yeah. Could become full time.
>Are you in/ are you pursing an intimate relationship
Nope (21 yo KV). I have zero opportunities in this department since I dropped out of college. I rarely speak to woman my age, and even if I did I would never get a GF. Got dealt too many shitty hands in this aburd RNG simulator we call life.
>Do you have friends
Yeah I have a few close ones.

Ending my life is pretty much the only solution. It's the the only way I can truly sort myself out.

You two need Christ in your lives. He will sort you out, not Jordan Pepeterson.

Did you try that "self-help" program he designed with that other professor?
I haven't done it but a lot of people write about how it really helped them. Pretty sure it goes deeper than just cleaning your room.
His general approach of finding where your resentment comes from instead of trying to fix everyone else seems fairly right though.

>being unable to understand a simple representation of something that happens to you all the time

politics is for brainlets

How old are you though

Not really relevant though. 25 if you absolutely need to know.

Not gonna happen. I can never tell if this posts are ironic or not desu. But I will reply to this assuming that you are in fact being genuine. I don't have anything against Christianity, hell it was good for society, but it's not for me. I will never be able to be a christian. The whole Jesus this, jesus that really doesn't do it for me. Talk more about god wrecking Sodom and Gomorrah not Jesus. But I would honestly sooner become a Buddhist or some shit then consider converting to Christianity.
Doesn't that cost Shekels though? Not trying to spend my shekels right now.

cool :^)

>Rejecting Jesus this hard
>Being concerned about your finances in regards to your own salvation/self help from suicide
>Shekels

Well no wonder you're not interested in Christianity- You're really givin' me the heebie jeebies here man.

>tfw most religious people will never become aware of the archetypal significance behind what they're saying and will continue to project ethical stories into the realm of scientific fact all because of humanity's capacity for cognitive sleight of hand and conscious misunderstanding of unconscious utterances

>tfw you tell others to 'sort yourself out' but you actually haven't sorted yourself out because you spout "muh archetype" memes for a living and dress like a queen in private

B-but he's a cool Pepe guy though...

It was free originally and I know that he has still given it out for free when someone was in need of it but I don't really want to encourage people being cheap or begging when they don't have to. I think it's the price of a normal book.. if that's not worth it to you then don't bother I guess, it would require you to put a lot of time and thought in anyway.

So you believe in a literal hell, user?

I do, yeah. Why?

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

...What kind of fucking heretic doesn't believe in hell? Do you think Jesus was just playing around in Matthew 10:28? Be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul *and body* in hell.

You are either a troll or literally delusional. See

Fundamentalism is a scourge. Of course there is a hell, if you have to ask that question you are probably in it.

Look at him. Look at him and laugh.

You still haven't offered a rebuttal to an archetypal view of religious tradition.

You spout xenophobia, insults; continue to quote literal interpretations of scripture, it only proves how you misunderstand Peterson's point.

You can make the argument that hell is a state of existence rather than a specific location, but denying the existence of hell altogether goes against pretty much every major Catholic thinker regarding the subject. St. Augustine to John Paul II both agree on the existence of hell, although not the temporal nature of it.

That said, if you want to believe there are no lasting consequences for your actions, then you already lose much of the moral force of religion in terms of societal influence. You might as well have a subjective view of the world as well. Also, not sure I'm convinced that you're not just samefagging. Also,

N O T
O
T

An archetypal view removes the moral thrust of religion. It compartmentalizes these moral truths into easily digestible, abstract concepts which make it extremely memeable, but lose all value in terms of objectivity. Really the only attempt I've seen to reaffirm the objectivity of these truths in the archetypal view is through a biological argument, which has always been shoddy at best and pseudoscience at worst.

When I asked if you believed in a literal hell you said yes. No one ever said the word doesn't have poetic merit to describe a state of mind or being. Same with archetypes, they are useful philosophical and psychological signs.

Hell isn't a philosophical or psychological sign. It's not just "Oh, my mental state is hell, but this will go away when I die". If it is a state of existence beyond location, it is in some level an eternal damnation and separation from God. That's not really the view of archetypal thinking at all.

I wish all ironic roleplayers on the internet would drop dead. Can we use the power of meme magic or something to make this happen?
>INB4 HUUUUUUUUUR UHM NOT BEIN IRONIC!1
Literally the immediate response from all ironycels when they are called out.

No, you're right. It is delusion thinking.

Right. Well, at least don't rationalize your pseudoscience with the belief that you're actually attempting to save Western civilization while promoting an atheistic worldview. Frankly, Jungians are almost as bad as the positivists in that regard, only more subtle and willing to co-opt rather than outright destroy.

>tfw too late for catholic Veeky Forums

>falling for the Christian vs athiest meme

How does a legit retarded person who thinks hell is a real place describe anything as pseudoscience?

I miss it, man. It was never like, overwhelmingly Catholic but you used to be able to get a good thread on Thomas Aquinas going every once in a while. Better vibe around the entire board as well. People also took DFW seriously around then as well. Like, he was an author to be discussed, not just a reaction image meme.

Literally what other religion are you promoting, then. Do you believe in an objective moral force or reason to the universe? Does it exist beyond mere biological movings? If not, what you're promoting is pretty much textbook atheistic.

Theology isn't a science you fucking mongoloid. The shit that Peterson does attempts to be.

Thinking hell is a real place has nothing to do with theology you fucking retarded dumbfuck.

>Thinking hell is a real place has nothing to do with theology

I have faith in its existence because The Bible describes truth. I don't have scientific proof that hell exists, nor do you have scientific proof that it doesn't. Even determining a test for that would be by any measure impossible, other than you finding out when you die. Any further argument regarding that specific matter is retarded posturing, and frankly you're moronic for trying to take that angle in the first place as Peterson is both a professed Christian and has very little in the way of scientific evidence for his archetypal view of the world as well.

I merely think that Peterson's faith and his teachings are logically inconsistent with the idea of there being no God apart from Him. I also believe his idea of morality being rooted in biological systems is a weak one and doesn't present a convincing alternative to the 'Death of God' question he's so fascinated with.

I really feel like an adult talking to a child here in terms of our understandings of our respective corners. Perhaps you want to give me a better reason why Peterson has something worth listening to, or are you just going to be an atheist who whinges all day? Because I have better things to do if it's the latter.

>muh hell is real because you can't disprove it
LMAO

>muh hell isn't real because you can't prove it
LMAO

...Do you see how this conversation goes nowhere?

It only goes nowhere because you entertain the incredibly dumb idea that a lack of proof means shit. It's like I can't prove that you're not a retarded person but you keep proving yourself to be.

You have faith in Peterson's archetypal theory as much as I do The Bible. Only difference is, Peterson is some effeminate queen that gets paid to babble in an inferior Canadian university while The Bible literally frames traditional Western thought as we know it.

Sort yourself out.

>Also, rec me some alternate philosophy/literature that proposes a better solution for saving Western civilization than filthy Jungian shite.

Literally fucking anything

>lmao just clean your room, just do productive stuff lol

I fucking hate white people

Thanks for giving me the push to support revolutionary globalist communism dude, we're really going to 'help' the West now!

>it's really old so it must be true

None of the left-wingers on Veeky Forums wanted a /leftpol/; lit's "l'age d'or" so to speak was when the board was a hard Catholic and Marxist blend. Redditors and /pol/ used to leave us alone, they'd occasionally post that greasy guy that cried at Tim Heidecker or Redditors would post the new book by the new atheist magician with the goatee, but almost every thread was an intense and heated debate over the summa theologica and suffixes in ancient greek.

The middle east is literal hell, since they write nothing. Another layer is the west, as they write filth.

There is nothing to salvage in either. Hence hell.

Archetypes are fractals.

This isn't what literal Christian hell means and you know it.

true Veeky Forums is post-left aesthetic egoists who care not for politics

that face when I hate literature now and will never engage with any art beyond youtube videos till the day I die

Wait there are people that believe the Bible literally happened word for word? Lmao.

Words have meanings.

who dat, Kim Fowley? Thought he died.

You are truly, whether or not you mind my saying, my man.

>Also, rec me some alternate philosophy/literature that proposes a better solution for saving Western civilization than filthy Jungian shite.

>three-way schism

That's called balanced discussion friendo

He did that for his daughter's makeup class, he let her practice on him
it's quite nice desu

my main man right here

No I don't. Peterson is a moron and you're a retarded person.

>Doesn't that cost Shekels though? Not trying to spend my shekels right now.
oh boy another depressed faggot who can only make excuses when presented something that could allow him to help himself

on second thought, yeah if 30 bucks is that much to you while you're working (even part time) you probably should just KYS

people here get upset by it because they are hyperconscious and afraid of anima.

>unironically using jungian terms
lmao the nu-religious LARP brigade.

>hyperconscious
>anima

Stop it