Where to start?

I haven't read a book in ten (10) years. I'd like to try again and spend less time shitposting, improve my vocabulary, and find some escape rather than television. What should I start with?

Veeky Forums's wiki has an amazing list, but I'm overwhelmed by it.

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

read cannery row

there's a novella chart, right? they can be finished within a few hours. start with 300 novellas or short stories and explore fav writers from there.

Okay, I'll snatch that.

Yes, there is. I recognized a few from school days too, I was thinking of The Pearl so it was interesting that said Cannery Row.

Bump

Start with Wittgenstien's Tractatus

START

WITH

THE

GREEKS

We did it Reddit!

There are countless points of entry into the world of literature and philosophy, but I usually suggest people begin with Being and Time. Best wishes.

These seem too difficult for me to start with. I'm okay with a challenge, but I'd like to start myself off easy. Certainly not a picturebook, but, I think novellas suggested earlier might be one route.

Anyone in particular?

or this
4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading is your friend

Find something *page turnery* don't jump into anything too heady or difficult. Go to your local bookstore, look at the popular section and pick something up that looks somewhat interesting. Something that will get you into the practice of reading again, that's easy, that you'll be able to get through fairly quickly, but will get your eyes working.

A shorter Stephen King novel perhaps?

Thank you.

>lolita
FBI please leave

Can I read The Republic before any of that?

Invisible Man is great but hardly a starter book for someone who hasnt read in 10 year

Okay, thank you. A friend on IRC recommended a Will Self novel. I was looking at those.

>first book came on amazon today
>have to keep a dictionary nearby to understand it