Not a fedoralord

but could religious people just stay the fuck out of philosophy courses? We really don't need your bullshit, and you've slowed down for way too long - historically and currently.

Typo: slowed THINGS down

*tips fedora*
here here fellow redittor! i'm really sick of debating about philosophy with people who don't share my ideology!

Haha. Philosophy courses. Such a waste of money. Stop being brainlet and take a calculus or a physics course.

Ok fedoralord

fedoralord i have a meme for you to share with your philosophy class

if you look at it from the outside, a religious person is just someone who's only read one "philosophy" and bases their whole ethical and moral system around a single philosophical set of principles

it's a very narrow slice of morality, but they stick to it because they believe it to be inherently superior to all others.

it's like trying to have a conversation about objectivism with someone who's only ever read the communist manifesto
- you're not going to get very far

The church is the only reason you're not wearin a kilt, eating feces, and raiding your brothers uncles village

Nothing was 'slowed down' that is a meme

no need to samefag OP

That's probably the most fedora thing anyone could say so.. I give it a 4/10

>you've slowed down for way too long - historically and currently.

Explain

I dunno, nothing deters freedom of thought like a rigid set of superstitions. I get on fine with theistic friends and all that, but I think philosophy requires a lack of bias

>Stop being brainlet and take a calculus or a physics course.

Why would anyone do that unless they wanted to work in those fields or were specifically interested in those subjects.

>thinks philosophy requires a lack of bias
>is biased towards theistic ideologies

Yes open minded, but you don't know what they might have on their shelves that's critical of Christianity for example. Don't make broad sweeping accusations, you never know how serious they are about the search for knowledge and truth. If you make judgments without truly knowing you're only restricting yourself.

not OP, fuckface

yeah man. In fact, deontologists should be banned from practicing philosophy as well. Idealists too, all these dumbasses believing in magic invisible shit. Materialists, realists, skeptics- these are the true, unbiased beliefs of philosophy.

Why would anyone take a philosophy course if they don't want to get into the fields of philosophy or food service?

Lawyers tend to take it before going on to law school

Unoriginal b8, 2/10

And the atheist have a lack of bias?

>*tips fedorea*

M'lady.

Is this bait? I choose to believe this is bait.

>Having opinions constitutes biases.
Boi, what do you want out of philosophy?

Modern Liberalism is itself a Religion, the Religion of Egalitarianism

I'm an Atheist myself but mainstream Atheism is Nihilism and also, Retarded

>Religion of Egalitarianism
wew

This

Contemporary atheism and egalitarianism are the new puritans.

Non-religious philosophy should be banned. Deviation from Church teaching was a disaster for humanity.

BRAINLET: THE THREAD.