Veeky Forums 2017 top 100 poll! Donny D edition

Hello Veeky Forums! It's me, the polling user. Sorry for the sudden start and stop the other week, the last thread got me all stressed. I hope you got it all out of your system and we can now proceed in peace. i'm probably not going to be responding to posts in this thread because I don't wanna get mixed up with all this shit. So if someone takes my name, it's not me.

Meanwhile, take the poll if you haven't. If you try to vote again it just overwrites your last vote.

Pictured is Don Delillo. I hope he comes in here and votes, i like him a lot. You'd never know.

Current Vote total:
1. Ulysses
2. Infinite Jest
3. Lolita
4. The Bible
5. Brothers karamazov
6. The Stranger
7. Blood Meridian
8. Crime and Punishment
9. Shakespeare
10. Moby Dick

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2G-VEFDyLZb2ThRcLJwWrKY4zRMAO8FTqB3JG6AmGnu-LCw/viewform?usp=sf_link

voted

>Shakespeare

voted

Isn't this rather early?

voted, thanks user.

Are we not breaking down shakespeare's individual works?

>2. Infinite Jest
When will this meme finally die?

Thanks, Polling user!

Voted

Please respond to these
Why is Shakespeare on there?

ITS FUCKING MAY! Fuck this shit.

Also since when is "Shakespeare" a single work?

>9. Shakespeare

Mistborn, Name Of the Wind, The black Prism

Nope fuck off

is there a chart of the results yet?

>no gravitys rainbow

What Veeky Forums is this? Where is everyone

There was a poll less than six months ago. Calm the fuck down. Also, Shakespeare isn't a book

this cant be real. we're not even half way through 2017. didnt we have the last one like five or so months ago?

i think he said in the last thread he's gonna put all of shakespeare votes into one entry for "collected works" or something

i think the last one was like 9 months ago

it's early but sorta not early. idk. i wouldn't mind seeing a new chart personally, last one had a lot of stupid stuff like jerusalem and bottom's meme on it

This one is going to have even stupider shit like Shakespeare's complete opus condensed into one book. I mean, what the fuck? By which standards did you do this to Shakespeare but not to Joyce or Pynchon?
The last one, disregarding those two meme books you mentioned, was perfectly fine. We don't need a recount every year, it's going to be 90% same shit like last year but shuffled around.

Why wouldn't you list Shakespeares stuff as one work lol. Only brainlets do individual works.

Daily reminder to vote Hamsun

i would say it's cause Veeky Forums finally grew up a bit but infinite jest is still there so maybe not

We should really just do top 100 authors

too early, last one was onely a few months ago.

Bumpd

reminder that mcelroy better be memed this year

>infinite jest
>shakespeare
>blood meridian
>the fucking stranger

holy shit

who is even voting for infinite jest?

These charts are inherently stupid because you can only vote for 3 books.

You should be able to vote for at least 10+ books, all only worth one point.

Then just tally it up that way.

3 books all with differing scores is immensely inaccurate and stupid.

This will not be an accurate list if you do it this way

The last one was definitely not 9 months ago, and why the hell are we deciding 2017's books in May?

I'm with you, kind of. I think Shakespeare and Plato deserve "a complete works," because they're that phenomenal and all-encompassing and each separate play deserves recognition.

But if that's the case I don't think it works in this format because those two collections would have to objectively take the #1 and #2 spots.

what 10 books would you list?

no one on this board has read 10 books user.

this

also agree with user that we should do top 100 authors not books

if i did this, would be people vote in it?

Yes, do an authors list.

How different would it be from this?

How would DFW climb up to #4? The body of his work is less than mediocre. He's in the same range, caliber, and type of writers such as Stephen King and Orson Scott Card.

these things are representative of nothing, given how few votes most of them got

Not a single vote for Cervantes? What the fuck?

This! The top 100 books every year is pointless.

>Only brainlets do individual works.

Only for Shakespeare?

Maybe a single one. Maybe they went to Borges.

bump