Poets

ITT: post your top five favourite poems and have others decide if you are a pleb.

>The sonnets
> Ode on a Grecian urn
>The raven
>Ozymandias
>The love song of J. Alfred Prufrock

As a side note, who is the best English poet of all time? Difficult question, because it is subjective, but let's try to reach a unanimous conclusion here. My vote is for Keats.

It's much easier to tier people with groups.

> God tier

> Great tier

> Good tier

> Bad tier

> Shit tier

Saying Keats is better than Shakespeare etc seems pretty disingenuous. Forcing someone to choose between equal poets isn't meaningful, you'd get a much better representation of the greatest poets by taking the union of everyone's god tier poets.

I can't answer the best English poet of all time, but my favorite is Gerard Manley Hopkins.

Here's a better idea.
Post your favorite
>sonnet
>hexameter
>blank verse
>free verse
>bonus choice
and judge others by them.

>The Solitary Reaper
>Michael (A Pastoral Poem) OR Lines above Tintern Abbey
>Wordsworth's Ode
>Rime of the Ancient Mariner
>Ode to a Nightingale desu senpai

>>sonnet
sonnet 116
>>hexameter
odyssey
>>blank verse
paradise lost
>>free verse
HAHAHAHAHA
>>bonus choice
ode to a nightingale

>Poe
>Poe
>Poe
>Poe
>Poe

If your favourite poems are well known enough to be referred to by their title alone, you're a pleb.

Slippery
Wet
Dog
Poop
The Waste Land

everybody made fun of me for liking the romantics (except coleridge cuz he did drugs and died young). bloom, the shakespearean homo that he is, stated that wordsworth was the single most important poet of the english language for reconciling a poem's transcendent subject with its author. according to him, no poet since can escape wordsworth's influence.

he goes on to say that his two favorite poets are (surprise) shakespeare and chaucer with milton at a "distant third."

So anything which is popular is automatically bad? Noice work.

Yes, there aren't enough patricians in the world for patrician work to be popular.

Would you fap to the raven if only autistic fags read it?

No, everything popular is pleb but not everything obscure is patrish.

Not that guy, but by this logic, practically every author/poet mentioned on lit is pleb tier. Joyce, Tolstoy, Shakespeare and many others, are they too popular for you? If so, who are these masters no one knows about, o great patrician one?

Sorry dude, seems like you're just autistically fixated with 4chans counter culture.

Keats died young too. And probably experimented with opiates.

Momčilo Nastasijević

very patrish

>for many a time
>I have been half in love with easeful death
Ode to a nightingale is GOAT

>cringe
>cringe
>cringe
>cringe
>cringe

Oh, I came here just to post that. I'd add some others fixed forms:

>villanelle
>sextina
>madrigal
>limerick
>tanka

nah

Prose poems too~

Odyssey, 1805 Prelude, Don Juan, The Sleepers, The Prologue portions of Henry V. Favorite poem less than 50 yrs old (difficult, but I'm going with) A.R. Ammons' Sphere.

yeesh what a thread