I am full of ideas and full stories but i can't write a single page. What's wrong with me?

I am full of ideas and full stories but i can't write a single page. What's wrong with me?

keep an idea/story journal and after a few weeks you'll be able to piece together a coherent story

write me the 1st sentence, user.
give me the general idea.

Everyone has ideas. That's not even the hard part. The writing is the hard part. If it wasn't, everyone you know would be a writer.

You've never studied formally neither literature nor creative writing.
You have no idea about how sentences work, and how could they be exploited. You have no sense of rhytm, there is no playfulness in your grammar, your lexicon is inconsistent, you can't think properly about how the internal parts of a narrative arc should piece together.

Basically you're lacking both the craft and the overall view on the contents you think about.

Now you can spend a few decades studying these very tedious, complex and profound techniques and concepts (then you'll have to spend another 10 years trying to forget them, while retaining the newly earned self-awareness), or you can just keep pondering about these ideas, while suppressing any sort of ambition you've got.

It's on you.

smoke heroin

what is this cuckoldry?

coward

'I have an intricate history. Experiences and feelings. I'm complex.

'I read,' I say. 'I study and read. I bet I've read everything you've read. Don't think I haven't. I consume libraries. I wear out spines and ROM-drives. I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it." My instincts concerning syntax and mechanics are better than your own, I can tell, with due respect. But it transcends the mechanics. I'm not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you'd let me, talk and talk. Let's talk about anything. I believe the influence of Kierkegaard on Camus is underestimated. I believe Dennis Gabor may very well have been the Antichrist. I believe Hobbes is just Rousseau in a dark mirror. I believe, with Hegel, that transcendence is absorption. I could interface you guys right under the table,' I say. 'I'm not just a creatus, manufactured, conditioned, bred for a function.'

I open my eyes. 'Please don't think I don't care.'

Read A Little Cloud

come te la passi amico?

>single quotes
>single quotes that AREN'T CLOSED
>first person narrating your response to a question instead of just fucking answering it
>I I I I I I I I I I I I

Are this pastas?

you don't practice
nobody is born with some special skill that makes him good at things

OP here, i actually wrote some poetry and some very short stories but i can't manage to be consistent with my writings, sadly. It's been more than a year without writing for me
Hai capito che sono italiano dalla caricatura pessima di joyce? lol

I'm just stating that creative writing is not something you just make up on the spot, without training, and more generally the ideas you're conjuring havve no inherent literary or narrative merit, as long as they're not approached with those tools you're obviouslly lacking.
It's like complaining about being able to imagine melodies but not being able to transcribe them immediatly: what did you expect? Did you reqlly expect to hack it out, with nonresistance? That Dante just sat down when he was 21, no education, and just started writing La vita Nuova down?
Don't be so naive, that's hard work.

The first one was a unironic post of mine, the second one is probably a pasta.

non lui ma quelle copertine di merda dei mammut dio cristo

>browsing Veeky Forums without having read Infinite Jest

>vai al libraccio per comprare il capitale di marx
>c'è solo l'edizione mammut
>esci senza il capitale

Il grafico della serie Mammut andrebbe ucciso con cucchiai, miele e mosche. Mai visto copertine così ridicole in vita mia.

>>single quotes that AREN'T CLOSED
as expected of a dumb frogposter

underrated post

Well your unironic post looks like an ironic shitpost my lad

Name one single truly great writer who thought that disregarding the craft of writing was a coherent choice for a writer.

Even Joyce (from OP's pic) spent most of his time (Ezra said that he worked 16 hours everyday) on either his craft or on his writings. All of your favourite writers were erudites in this matter: they were virtuosos in grammar, syntax, lexicon, rhythm, imagery, whatever you can think of that is related to the act of writing. Joyce did not just sit down and wrote Dublineers because he had the idea of Dubliners in his head: he had to translate it through the English language, and then through the novel form.
Again, that's hard work, I was just trying to dispel the idea that OP had: that talent and brilliant ideas are enough.

sono un'altro user che sta imparando la lingua, che cazzo vuol di 'onta' come 'Ad onta dell'oscurita'? Lo usa Svevo in Senilita

how to into creative writing
i ain't going to college for that shit nigga

>I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it."
Holy balls

you're every boring wannabe writer who's in love with the romanticism of writing but hates the reality. writing is vulnerable, it's a grind, and you hate that. so instead you flounder around as some bullshit ideas guy when you're just so far up your own ass you can taste your large intestine

fucking annoying mfa piece of shit

I don't try to be Joyce, i'm fairly sure that you can write fiction as a hobby without "mastering the art of the language". What does it even mean? That i should know by heart manuals and manuals of grammar and syntax before i'm worthy of writing?
I've read a fair amount of books, fiction and non-fiction, and i took a creative writing class. Maybe your diagnosis is wrong
Onta means shame, a kind of shame that ruins your reputation. However "Ad onta di" is an unusual term that stands for "despite". So "ad onta dell'oscurità" can be translated with "despite the darkness"

You don't know any of those things. You're being tough on the wrong suspects

>tripfag on a moral high horse
It's pretty fun to see, like a pig in a suit trying to use a fork

Give me all of your ideas and stories. I'll write them and I'll put as a dedication:

"To user,

Checkmate."

>I am full of ideas and full stories but i can't write a single page. What's wrong with me?

At the moment you're an ideas guy, like everyone. If you want to be a writer, you have to start writing.

It's one thing to say this about people and a completely different thing to say this to someone lmao

You know what? You're right. I'm going to tell you all my ideas man, but start working on them ASAP because this shit is gold
1) a boy lives in a medieval village harrassed by the thugs of BALDOR, the evil emperor that took all over the world. With the help of his grandfather's magic sword, a dragon puppy, an orphan girl with a golden heart and his funny friend he must go for a quest to defeat BALDOR
2) animal farm but they're ancap instead of communists
3) a football match narrated in a proust-meets-stephen-king style
4) 700 pages of stream of consciousness about how i want to fuck my crush so bad but i also hate her irrationally, written in all caps

Your ideas are shit

>Craft

Newfags

Your post is shit

No it's true. Ideas that don't write themselves aren't good ideas. They're shallow and stagnant.

That's not true, it's not about the ideas but how you write it

I agree and disagree. A bad writer can take a good idea and never express it, but at the same time a good idea has a sort of natural self-propulsion. If you start with a good premise the story should naturally unfold as all of the elements naturally interact. Same if it's short fiction or academic philosophy, if the base concept is sound it should be easy to follow the threads until you've expressed a coherent idea.

>Craft

Newfags

>700 pages of stream of consciousness about how i want to fuck my crush so bad but i also hate her irrationally, written in all caps
Would read lel

Tripfag is right, mostly. OP can either prove him wrong by starting writing or accept the truth. Either way he'd be better of.

Though while it's a grind, that's still pretty enjoyable too. Exhausting maybe but I don't ever recall hating it.

No matter how great of an idea, a shitty writer can turn the most amazing shit into trash.

this is effectively me and I'm coming to realise it more and more over the past year or so. it's liberating to be entirely honest. rather than feeling like a failure for not writing i've just realised i don't want to write badly enough to do it so I just don't think about it much anymore.

Goddamnit that was all just gibberish. Are you mentally ill, son? You belong in the hospital, not on this board.

>>I I I I I I I I I I I I
That's the point of that paragraph