Flat Wrong

Flat earther "Mad" Mike Hughes, who also bills himself as "the last great daredevil," promised Super Bowl-sized ratings for an event Saturday where he'd blast himself nearly half a mile into the sky on a homemade rocket. "We had 20 cameras on site today, ready for a full segment," explained the video-on-demand site Noize TV on their Facebook page. One newspaper described it as also being "an event which he hopes will get people to investigate the ideology which holds the earth is flat." But judging from online reactions, the event was just another disappointment.

Noize TV's Facebook post titled "The Launch!!! Finally" shows a picture of Mike standing beside his rocket -- but it's followed by a commenters saying things like "There was no launch. I doubt there will be," and the official Noize TV account saying "We thought he would press that button... He did not. And won't be doing so we are pretty certain." And this morning Noize TV posted that "we will no longer cover non launches, only launches... It turns out non launches are not as funny as we anticipated."

One woman even posted that "I was there for awhile...police were there. Ambulance was there. 100 people that weren't supposed to be there was there..." And while there's rumors Mike might still try again another day, her ultimate verdict about the limo-driver-turned-daredevil was cynical. "He's all about getting seen rather than getting launched... My husband gave him $100 cash the last time he was going to launch...live and learn."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg
youtube.com/watch?v=fDnP323mh3k
youtube.com/watch?v=ENhZULhwmdk
youtube.com/watch?v=R_ft7zl7504
youtu.be/Pz8aDhjde-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Clearly more proof of NASA's conspiracy.

Source?

Or it just proofs humans don't want to push a button that leads to certain death.

>Flat Earther backs out from suicidal stunt.
>"FUCKING NASA FORCED HIM TO BACK OUT BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE DISCOVERED THE DOOOOOOOME!!!

Jesus Fucking Christ, atternory at law, these people fucking dumb!

>Weld a frame that looks like a rocket from 1950's
>Ask flatheads for money
>Bail
Top kek, who knew that flatheads were so easy to scam.

>who knew that flatheads were so easy to scam.
Well, they did fall for the flat earth-meme so I had a suspicion.

>Weld a frame that looks like a rocket from 1950's
More looks like a _cartoon_ rocket from the 50's. Holy shit!

inb4 that one guy who keeps spamming flat earth evidence

calling it evidence is a bit much. calling it "badly cut&paste pictures without context" is more appropriate

How do flat earthers even go about explaining pearl harbor/the whole of the pacific theater?

Of course the mainstream media are going to report on a guy who calls himself "Mad Mike" to try and discredit the flat earth theory.

Anyway, people have already sent up weather balloons higher than he was claiming to go. It's flat as fuck! youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg

36km is not space

Doesn't matter - the horizon is still flat as fuck and remains at eye level. Impossible on a spinning "oblate spheroid".

spathe ith real look nasa done video of moony

Flat earthers vs university students: youtube.com/watch?v=fDnP323mh3k

>research flat earth
makes sense coming from a guy who drives a van with square wheels

Flat earthers are funnier than globalists

youtube.com/watch?v=ENhZULhwmdk

>nano lube
is that for nano anal?

>It's flat as fuck! youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg
Without knowing anything about how the video was created, how do you know how much curvature should be visible?
Or do flat-earthers just not understand how cameras work, and assume everyone else is stupid too?

Stop being in denial globalist

The rod extending out is distorted by the lens...

Moon-chan is a qt

>how much curvature should be visible?
I've never quite understood why they are looking for a curve anyway.
Let's say you're on board a ship, up in the crow's nest.
No matter what direction you look the horizon is the same distance away, and at the same angle.
Shouldn't it look like a straight line?
Is the horizon I'm looking straight at "higher" than the horizon in my peripheral vision?
What happens when I turn my head?
I'm really lost on what they think a horizon "should" look like.

They think it should look like a hill out in the distance.

They also think someone 20 miles away would have to look up a few hundred feet to see them, because they can't reconcile how something can be curved but level at the same time.

>curved but level

More like how something can be curved but flat at the same time. The oceans are flat and level, that cannot exist on a sphere, it's as simple as that.

More students getting BTFO: youtube.com/watch?v=R_ft7zl7504

"Flat" and "Level" don't mean the same thing.

Water is always flat brainlet, that's all you need to know.

>Water is always flat brainlet, that's all you need to know.
The surface is always a uniform distance from the center of the sphere, troll.

That does not equate to flat water does it? The water would still be curved, doesn't matter if it's of uniform level around a sphere, it wouldn't be flat. But it is flat!

>But it is flat!
How do you check that?
The horizon should always be flat, see Even looking down from 10' on on the surface of an uncluttered surface of a sphere, you're seeing a big circle. The higher you get, the smaller this circle is.

You know how you can see ships coming up over the horizon? I've seen that on land (US-264 in North Carolina) with a ditch full of water right by the road.
Three miles in a straight line, and I can clearly see a hump between me and the trees at the end of the straightaway.
But the water in the ditch is always about a foot below the road surface.

>Water is always flat brainlet!

Checkmate, brainlet!

Oops, forgot pic.

Water is used in construction because it remains perfectly flat when undisturbed. The surface of water will NEVER bend around the exterior of a sphere. No experiment can be done to prove it can. If the earth is spherical, it must follow that the oceans also conform to this sphere which does not happen in observable nature. Snap out of that fantasy.

Silly brainlet, the water droplet is not conforming to the exterior of a solid sphere (and spinning with it).

>Water is used in construction because it remains perfectly flat when undisturbed.
[citation needed]
It works out nicely for getting a ceiling close to flat, but only because anything in a room is such a small part of the sphere it just can't matter in a practical sense.

No. But as you can see, it is clearly spherical cause by the force of G R A V I T Y. You said you wanted to see water C U R V E, right; here's you proof!

C H E C K M A T E

B R A I N L E T !

>man decides not to kill himself
what a pussy.

but seriously why didn't he just make a blimp or just tie a camera to a baloon or something? too much to ask of someone who thinks the earth is flat maybe?

>jewish conspiracy
inb4

youtu.be/Pz8aDhjde-Y

>What more proof do you need that the earth is flat?

>No experiment can be done to prove it can.
Well, not on Earth at least because small spheres wouldn't overcome surface tension and large spheres wouldn't overcome gravity.

But luckily all we have to do is prove gravity exists (and we have) so following that reasoning water forming to the curve of the ball Earth would also be logical.

>the surface of water will NEVER bend around the exterior of a sphere

Then what will it do? If I have a sphere in a pressurized to 1 atm box in free fall, and add water to this sphere, what will the water do?

No, he said in the post attempt interview that he tries to launch and it wouldn't go, he thought it was a valve failure or something

>I'm smart because I believe the Earth is round, unlike that small obscure group of retards who actually believe the Earth is flat. Look at them, such brainlets!
Not trying to support Flat Earth here, but anyone that gives the Flat Earth retards attention and post articles about them, are equally retarded.

this, just let them die in their ignorance

"Explanation" would be more convincing if someone else, another flat-Earther but not someone sitting in the cockpit, got to push the button from a distance.
At least we'd know the trouble wasn't a last-second attack of reason.

>bendy water
>not understanding that your point of reference changes when

Fuck me dead.

>math is a kind of science
lol