Give up, calculus shills

Give up, calculus shills

Other urls found in this thread:

math.stackexchange.com/questions/407822/differentiating-both-sides-of-an-equation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Math BTFO

more like 0 = 0 right?

Someone asked this question on Math stack exchange.

Here:
math.stackexchange.com/questions/407822/differentiating-both-sides-of-an-equation

Can some non-brainlet explain how the top response answers the question?

>x is only one constant value
>takes derivative of a constant
>says it's 1

lol

That's not a function of x

if x = 5, it's not a variable, is it? When you differentiate something, you're simply trying to define a variable's behavior as it changes. If a "variable" is actually a constant, then it never changes, thus the derivative is 0.

Chuckled

arithmetic calculus doesn't have this problem

Yup, OP is retarded or trolling.

geometric, right?

>Trips for this shitpost
I know they can't delete Veeky Forums because it's the retard containment board, but can they delete all the retards who post on Veeky Forums?

Veeky Forums I need help

I'm taking a class called Mathematical Methods in Physics for, obviously, my Physics degree. The class structure at my uni is fucking atrocious. We get a total of about 20-30 minutes of lecturing PER WEEK on the course material and basically every student has to teach themselves. We have no textbook, we have a "tutorial" which is only useful AFTER you know the stuff.

to tl;dr it for you, I'm struggling on everything and barely managing to pass, but I want to know it really well. Anyone have any advice on how to really grasp these things? There a textbook for this class somewhere out there? What do?

im fucking braindead i thought i was making a new post i forgot i was in a thread already LOL. My apologies

The derivative operates on functions, not numbers. If f(x)=x (the left side of the equation) and g(x)=5 (the right side of the equation), then you can't say that f(x)=g(x). From faulty premises this post derives faulty conclusions.

BAKA

The "function" is obviously not differentiable because its just a vertical line.
The denominators in the sequence of secant lines can't exist, so the limit of those secants can't converge to a tangent, so the derivative doesn't exist.
You can't even differentiate most equations of functions because the set of solutions isn't usually a continuous function.

>ITT people not knowing how the differentiation is defined

There, now piss off.

it literally doesnt

if you have the following equality [math]
$$f(x)=g(x)$$ [\math]
you can differentiate on both sides only if it holds for all [math] $x$ [\math]

I don't get it, what does d/d5 mean?

You forgot the +C :^)

infinity