How do we remove racism from stem? It is already 2018

How do we remove racism from stem? It is already 2018.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/04/black-students-teachers-implicit-racial-bias-preschool-study
lj.rossia.org/~silly_sad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"It's the current year, guys"

Fuck off.

>who say the following
>say
Then the headline should say "Most blacks in STEM claim to have experienced discrimination", but that wouldn't work as well for outrage generation.

You aren't black, are you?

>Hello black person, have you experienced racism?
>Yes
>OK, no further questions
>Hey guys, black people experience racism!

How does an employee tell if their race is a factor in the hiring/promotion process?

If you are black and are denied being hired/promoted for an untold valid reason, what good comes from believing it is because of racism?
It seems like a convenient excuse that doesn't lead to self-improvement.
>fewer blacks see fair treatment in hiring promotions
I read this as "blacks BELIEVE they are being treated unfairly"

To what degree are such surveys actually measuring the amount insecurity of the respondents instead of the amount of discrimination that takes place?

I though it is a science board. Don't you also deny global warming?

I was actually asking questions about the quality of the survey/conclusion. Is inquiry unscientific?

> he doesn't know that IQ tests are racist
The absolute state of sci.

How do you determine if a given IQ test is racist?

the fact is that you would hire an indian or chinese or white coder over a black one, all with the same resumes. you just see more potential in them. it's just how it is. i would pick the black guy for football.

Fuck you. Your weak ass argument only invalidates actual racism in academia. But that was probably your plan all along, /pol/ flaseflagger.

Make a bad argument on the side of your opponent anonymously and it will make them look bad, pretty pathetic of you.

It doesn't give minorities additional points to compensate for all the racism they experience.

> actual racism in academia
Tell me more.

If blacks score lower, it is.

It's a very long discussion my man, though it's not one your actually trying to have. Your trying to set me up for failure because it can't possibly be thoroughly demonstrated with a Veeky Forums post. I'll give you but one solitary example, an article about a study. Do more research on your own.

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/04/black-students-teachers-implicit-racial-bias-preschool-study

Why so negative, I completely agree with the article. I am trying to make the same point. Every smart person knows that blacks commit 50% of crimes and have the lowest IQ because of racism, in particular cis white males, I am just trying to figure about what can we do to fix it in stem.

You are unfamiliar with the issue at hand and swallow modern propaganda like a fat man swallows cake. The non-brainlets here accept that the underlying joke in all of this is that this can all be explained by differing average IQs among the races.

Additionally, don't you find it strange that there would be an implicit bias, like the one in the study you linked, if humans weren't naturally 'racist'? Western society has demonized the term 'racism,' and yet here we are, dealing with 'racism' all the way down to the pre-school level. It's almost as if this is an innate trait of homo sapiens. Not that I'd expect a brainlet like you to comprehend that, though.

> It's almost as if this is an innate trait of homo sapiens.
It is a trait of capitalism which west hasn't abolished yet.

Awareness of implicit bias can reduce implicit bias.

>It is a trait of capitalism which the west hasn't abolished yet

>Not realizing that Marx himself was very aware of race

I agree. Only rural and suburban retards voted for Trump

All city people voted for Hillary

Only whites and non-chinese asians are allowed to live.
Wow, did I just solve 98% of humanity's problems? That was really easy.

>Is inquiry unscientific?
If it doesn't support the leftist/marxist narrative.
You aren't anti-science, are you?

This is super fucked up, user.

No human is allowed to live. Wow, I just solved 100%.

Shouldn't awareness of implicit bias also increase one's ability to forgive the implicit bias of another?
Instead of using the awareness of implicit bias to forgive the perceived racism of another's unintentional behavior, it is being used to increase the outrage.

If you're a cuck.

If you want to be treated like everyone else, you should go somewhere where you are like everyone else.

It's quick and efficient, with zero drawbacks.

source on the pic?

Nope. We can be aware of our flaws and set up policies to guard against it. It's natural to feel violent with jealousy for instance. Why can't we forgive when people act upon it? The answer is because it harms others.

Could over-correcting for implicit bias be seen as racist?

This guy gets it. Stop harming blacks and forgive their violence, at the end of the day it is caused you white males like you.

Of course not, racism=oppression +power, you cannot be racist against white people.

I guess I meant discrimination.
Where discrimination=unequal treatment, good or bad.

user, he's meme'ing you. Don't you know that that is what leftists actually believe?

I'm having fun playing the game.

Whites were treating other races unequally for centuries.

Unequally in a good way?

>whitey be holdin us down
>Given this information, I want to continue living in white nations

There's that IQ gap I was mentioning earlier.

For the non-whites, yes. For the whites, no.
I'll give you a hint, the white man's burden was actually a burden on the white man.

Why are there no black furries?

lj.rossia.org/~silly_sad/