All mathematical propositions are synthetic a priori

>all mathematical propositions are synthetic a priori
kek
why do people take this guy seriously?

Because it's true.

then post an analytic a priori math proposition

You really gotta stop doing this.

any proposition within non-euclidean geometry

Observation is creation, we exist in a simulation, reality is persistant not objective, the universe expands at the rate of thought.

incorrect

Division is analytic.

1=1

Is there any analytic a priori truth anyways? (actually interested)

A = A
A bachelor is an unmarried male.
Squares have four right angles.
Triangles have angles summing to 180 degrees.
Blue is a color.
Etc.

Gödel and non-Euclid would like a word

But don't you need an empirical concept of A to say A=A? Isn't it as synthetic a priori as a number?

definition of analytic that he is using:

not a mathematical proposition

ITT: people who have not read Wittgenstein or Kripke. Fucking plebs.

nietzsche BTFOs him hard, it's great

i like to imagine nietzsche picking him up by the collar and slapping him in the fucking face

>it's a CS major who took calculus ! and II thinks he understands anything about math episode

>blue is a color
>a prior

bro... do you know what colors are?

Can always count on Veeky Forums to elevate the level of discourse on any subject.

I may have forgotten, but isn't all of math explicitly analytic?

I kant believe he is in another thread. He was out of his depth and now is out of his time. Just let the idiot die already.

No, it's a priori in Kant's system.

Analytic propositions are statements based purely on the presentation or definition of the concept without doing any thinking about it or combining it with any other concept. The classic example is A = A, but really it's any trait that's part of the definition of the concept.

To clarify, I mean that it is analytic a priori (3 = 3) or synthetic a priori (3 + 4 = 7).

I didn't mean to imply that a priori is the opposite of analytic; they're separate categories.

No, a number is analytic because it contains the tatuologic identity of teh number, just as A=A, 1=1. however in the operation 1+2=3, the product of the two analytical premises, being 1 and 2, produces a new number not included in any of the first quantities. Thus mathematic operations are synthetic a priori.

>Squares have four right angles.
>Triangles have angles summing to 180 degrees.
Those are not even a priori.

Yes, they are. They're synthetic a priori.

You can identify the volume of a cube whose sides are 17.17 meters, can't you? Have you ever seen one?

is the cuteness of herslag synthetic a priori ?

A posteriori if you know what I mean ;-)