Huh? What happened here?

Huh? What happened here?

Why did 50 people decide to add Anna Kavan's 'Ice' to their to-read list on Goodreads this past Friday? I know there's that anime that talks about it, but that came out months ago... What's with the sudden interest in Ice?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/books/comments/69d415/50_essential_cult_novels
amazon.com/Ice-50th-Anniversary-Anna-Kavan/dp/0143131990/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494442027&sr=8-2&keywords=Ice Anna Kavan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was an extremely popular reddit post from a website "50 cult classic novels" or something like that. This book was listed on there.

>actually unironically knowing about what goes on on reddit
Fuck off

Here's the post

reddit.com/r/books/comments/69d415/50_essential_cult_novels

>Knows what happens on Reddit on a daily basis
This is the Veeky Forums equivalent of "I know that gay blowjob"

Fuck, I don't want normies to ruin it.

Good one

>anime

Interesting. Thanks for telling.

I know this is stupid to think, but me too :(

Oh, it is literally #49 and no one in the thread said anything about it. I take it no one will give a damn anyway.

Kavan's dead, but she's mine.

i was memed, but why do you care exactly?

What's the name of this anime again?

Because it is a little known book and that is quite the spike in attention? The graph illustrated this pretty clearly, surprised you needed to ask desu.

Bernard-jou Iwaku
yeah, but why exactly are you monitoring something like that? i do not comprehend

Bernard-Jou Iwaku (episode 9 specifically).

I wasn't monitoring it. I was looking at the page on Goodreads and saw 'stats' for the first time. Just a coincidence I found anything noteworthy at all.

What the hell is Ice?

Who. Gives. A. Shit.

Not. /lit.

don't ever post in the same thread as me, again.

are u a retard?

You are being idiotic. just becaus reddit likes something doesnt mean it is ruined. Reddit likes books so I guess books are ruined now???

Not about reddit really, they were just the source of this spike. Ice is just on no one's radar in general.

It got published by NYR books which has a cult following. it is definetly on people's "radar"

I wasn't very serious about it in the first place, but your inability to see or your lack of familiarity with this kind of "anxiety" is a fault with you. The book isn't tainted if more people read it, and tons already have.

Also, this isn't the "Ice Trilogy" I think you're referring to. This book's getting its first Penguin publishing in its 25 years and it is very much under the radar. Don't post in threads when you just want to start shit you're not prepared to handle.

Well, I had never even heard about it, but thanks to you I'll be reading it too and probably recommend to a normieish friend who likes this kind of stuff, so, now you're part of the cancer.

I hope that you and your friends enjoy it. It's a great book and Kavan was a really unique voice who doesn't have the attention she deserves.

>OP is such an autist that he can't even fathom the idea of a book club

SUCH an autist

when

November this year, and I guess it is the 50th anniversary which makes more sense.
amazon.com/Ice-50th-Anniversary-Anna-Kavan/dp/0143131990/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494442027&sr=8-2&keywords=Ice Anna Kavan

sweet, pre ordering

Maybe I am missing this info, but it doesn't seem to be anything other than the book right? Just curious if there is any supp material to make it worth a second purchase or not. Doesn't seem like it.

>Reddit likes books so I guess books are ruined now???

That's a possibility I'm willing to consider.

lol

do it. stop reading immediately. and dont come back. :)