Is ambition the most parasitic normie meme of all time?

Is ambition the most parasitic normie meme of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LCHPSo79rB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>isn't striving for some goal, purpose, or ideal for excellence dumb?
>please validate my life guys

Without ambition there is no way that you can become even decent in anything.

I have nothing but contempt for lazy nobodies who hate on the people who actually do and produce in the world. Get fucked.

Stop listening to Radiohead

youtube.com/watch?v=LCHPSo79rB4

the first few minutes is the excerpt I saw, it's her talking about how motivation is a lie. seems relevant

she makes note of to grow is coming out of your comfort zone, though. but it goes against nature to strive to be anything but alive and reproduce, so if you want to be moss, you have your days well planned.

It depends on the aim of said ambition.

Lacking ambition is infinitely more parasitic than having ambition and following it.

>try and fail again and again
>"kill yourself loser!"
>realize ambition is only causing suffering
>"stop being lazy faggot!"

never change Veeky Forums. Just keep on being smug jackasses who accomplish nothing with your lives. It's working out so great for you now

Excess ambition is vile but you don't want a deficiency either pal. Normies aspire to be Tai Lopez so I know your feel

Nobody said that pursuing ambition was easy and painless, you hedonistic fucker.

Three years user.

Three goddamn years.

I have accomplished next to nothing, and my desire to see a single vision come to completion has actually made me worse than when I started and brought me nothing but stress and wasted hours and efforts. Why the fuck should I embrace ambition when this is what it does to me?

Did you go to law school?

I'm a programmer. I do well at my job and make decent money.

My stupid ambition to be remembered as a great writer is laughable, hopeless, and only leaving me unsatisfied with what should be a pretty decent existence. Why fucking bother?

When Avalokiteśvara Bodhisattva was practicing the profound Prajñāpāramitā, he illuminated the Five Skandhas and saw that they were all empty, and crossed over all suffering and affliction.

“Śāriputra, form is not different from emptiness, and emptiness is not different from form. Form itself is emptiness, and emptiness itself is form. Sensation, conception, synthesis, and discrimination are also such as this. Śāriputra, all dharmas are empty: they are neither created nor destroyed, neither defiled nor pure, and they neither increase nor diminish. This is because in emptiness there is no form, sensation, conception, synthesis, or discrimination. There are no eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body, or thoughts. There are no forms, sounds, scents, tastes, sensations, or dharmas. There is no field of vision and there is no realm of thoughts. There is no ignorance nor elimination of ignorance, even up to and including no old age and death, nor elimination of old age and death. There is no suffering, its accumulation, its elimination, or a path. There is no understanding and no attaining.

“Because there is no attainment, bodhisattvas rely on Prajñāpāramitā, and their minds have no obstructions. Since there are no obstructions, they have no fears. Because they are detached from backwards dream-thinking, their final result is Nirvāṇa. Because all buddhas of the past, present, and future rely on Prajñāpāramitā, they attain Anuttarā Samyaksaṃbodhi. Therefore, know that Prajñāpāramitā is a great spiritual mantra, a great brilliant mantra, an unsurpassed mantra, and an unequalled mantra. The Prajñāpāramitā Mantra is spoken because it can truly remove all afflictions. The mantra is spoken thusly:

gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā

That's what I fucking thought, fuckers

Ambition is honorable when it doesn't originate from an insecurity in the self - whatever "confidence" is gained by this ambition is illusory, weak, and anyone who is aware will see it emenate from your countenance.

Friend, you will bother once you adjust your thinking. Seems to me that longing for "greatness" means you're seeking recognition for your time and effort and skill. Write for it's inherent beauty. Write the perfect sentence, the perfect paragraph, the perfect chapter, the perfect book, all for yourself. Create your best work without paying any mind to the world.

If you wrote bullshit that you didn't believe was good, that wasn't acceptable to your own standards, and yet you somehow found yourself in the class of the greats, you'd be miserable.

If you created something genuine and authentic that was the product of your heart and mind and patience and labor, but it was rejected, hated, or ignored by every living person until your death, you'd die a happy programmer.

Do you mean gotta-suck-my-way-to-ceo ambition or ambition in an art form?

I suffer because I can't write anything I'm fully satisfied with, and truth be told I don't actually like writing for writing's sake. I just like creating stories and want to write them down in order to share them with others

It's a reference to lyrics from their song paranoid android, quit your PMSing

>it's an "user lashes out at the world and hates everyting and wants everyone else to do so too" thread

Neither can I, unfortunately. In fact the process of writing is painful. But I think my goal is to be able to write for writing' sake, to sit down and enjoy the process of creating another universe through language.

I'm getting older though, and I feel like I'm running out of time. That impending doom further pushes me toward kind of giving up, but that's also a painful route.

It's tough. I wish I knew why I had such a strong desire to be a writer. My life would be a hell of a lot easier without it.

you fucking cuck! you will never amount to anything!!!

(author's note: neither will I, but at least I will have tried.)