Performance

How do you deal with underperforming on tests?
I barely passed my first calc 2 test even tho I master the subject completely.
I studied every single day and completed the hardest problems without breaking a sweat.
The day of the test I slept really bad the night before and Ive just had a programming test too so when it came to it I was out of focus and screwed up on the dumbest shit.
This makes me mad as hell ive couldve had a perfect score on that, easy as hell test. Im really demotivated now, i feel like shit.
Do you have similar stories?
what you have done to deal with this kind of shit on the past?
Are there any techniques to avoid this kind of shit?

>Do you have similar stories?
Nope, I'm one of those brainlets that ace tests but I don't do shit.

You must be in highschool or studying some meme career

If you've mastered the subject you have nothing to worry about, but it sounds like you don't have your shit together and you don't know how to manage your time. It's not like the tests are a surprise, it should be your main priority to get enough sleep before the test. The excuse of "well I had another test too!" It wasn't at 3 am in the morning was it? Sounds like you didn't study for the other test and had to cram. Just manage your time better and you won't stress.

Environmental Science so yes a meme.

It was at 7am in the morning so i had to wake up at six. I did well at the other test actually.
Still, youre right, time management is a priority and is something I fucked up at.

Lol

C's get degrees. Why put in more effort than you need to? My advice to deal with it is study less and don't stress about it. I planned for barely passing.

I think I'll do a second bachelor's in physics unless I go to grad school

Same, materials science and engineering here

Also Materials Science and Engineering here. Yeah, I just read the textbooks (primarily as a hobby, to be honest), never do homework, skip lecture half the time unless the professor is either funny or actually passionate.

>studied every single day
>completed the hardest problems
>barely passed

you probably aren't actually understanding any of the content you are doing and just copying it from the solutions manual or something, no way this could happen, and first half of calc 2 is extremely easy

I just made mistakes with dumb shit on the exam.
When I say dumb I mean really fucking dumb I would explain but it would be to long.
I was basically completely out of focus so now im just mad.
Is Adderall a good option to avoid shit like this?

You need to check your work twice over before turning in your exam. I will always without fail find a small retarded error when i check and am able to fix it. 3.9 GPA here because of good test taking

avoiding dumb mistakes is an art
you gotta get into zen mode before the exam
don't talk to anyone, make sure you have all your shit, show up early and don't fidget - just be calm
also it helps to not be sloppy when doing homework, practice makes perfect
this too

The reason you made those mistakes is because you don't have a concrete understanding of the subject. People don't "master" a subject and then bomb it because they didn't get a good night of sleep. Obviously they perform worse but they sure as hell don't barely fucking pass the exam instead of getting a perfect score. You have to go back and understand how to do each problem rather than specific problems. Calc II is one of the heaviest classes when it comes to computation and memorizing how to do each individual problem is inefficient and will lead to poor test scores. Adderall won't substitute poor studying habits but you're allowed to whatever you want.

You make a good point.
Although I truly master the fucking topic.
I try to never memorize anything but to truly understand, all the practice problems I did I did without looking at the answers sheet and got about 95% of the perfectly right the first time.
Im passionate as hell with math so I fervently studied for that test.
My mistakes were inane shit like righting down a 3 instead of a 2 or forgetting to multiply a constant that was outside an integral. Shit like that that makes me want to fucking kill myself.
But again, with enough practice this really shouldnt be a problem I just need to get my studying for college right as with organization and shit.

What part of calc 2 is hard? Is it series?

Check your fucking answers before you turn it in you overzealous mongoloid

not really, except if i didnt study enough

If it was just this one test that you bombed, then it’s nothing to worry about. If you don’t want to make stupid mistakes, close your eyes, breath, and look back down at your test to check.

>How do you deal with underperforming on tests?
Start preparing for the next one
>What you have done to deal with this kind of shit on the past?
>Are there any techniques to avoid this kind of shit?
Get into a routine and stick to it, you said you had issues sleeping so get into a proper sleep schedule with a definite bedtime and a definite wake up time. Additionally, it might be worth it to look into sleep aids like niquil or melatonin.