"A possible declining trend for worldwide innovation"

newscientist.com/article/dn7616-entering-a-dark-age-of-innovation/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0040162505000235
WHAT THE FUCK?!!!! I WAS PROMISED A SINGULARITY.
Please someone lie to me and tell me it really is coming.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289607000463
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4152423/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Stagnation
gwynnedyer.com/2007/slow-forward/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that was from 2005. It would be interesting to update this. The patent applications/year per capita plotted with time should be interesting, although I don't feel like doing that right now.

it really is coming
who knows when
it's one day closer than it was yesteday

Rates of improvement suffer diminishing returns for time spent. Every scientific and mathematical innovation up until this point was just noob gainz.

Somehow the rich paying for the poor to have kids whilst not having more themselves, importing millions of brain dead brown people and whites being outbred with a general IQ dip isnt good for human advancement. Who possibly knew.

Empathy for other population groups will be the downfall of western civilization.

Thats not true at all you moron

>>/pol/

Why not make an actual argument to refute him?

you dont sound like you belong on Veeky Forums

Im a doctor an im quite sure medics do.

>Doctor doesn't understand having less fertility does not necessarily mean a drop in population
>Doctor makes grand ecological claims the likes of anti-vaxxers without even attempting to evidence the link between the fertility of poor people and patent releases
>Misses the trend in IQs, at least to the date of the article, was actually rising at the population level for both Americas and Europe
And they say MDs aren't retarded

Those charts for the west aren't on a linear scale, when you convert it to one it is tailing off greatly. It also does not go to modern day, IQ has dropped. I'll let you consider the impact of one population with an average 100 iq and a sub replacement birth rate co-existing with a population with an iq of 84 and a birth rate of 4 average. True story.

Odd that you intentionally lie like that.

Funny how pol hates chinks for no empathy, while it is their greatest advantage.

Here's a good article if you can access it through an academic gateway.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289607000463

I actually hope you read it and dont just close your mind.

Because the retard didn't bother observing that these articles are from 2005 and that the reasoning being used for decrease in innovation is from the increase difficulty to create "new" significant technology due to already taking most of the low hanging fruit.

>Those charts for the west aren't on a linear scale
Yes they are

>It also does not go to modern day,
Neither does the article. But it goes to 2013 for the American continent

>IQ has dropped
You must be dealing with some evidence from within the last 4 years that you're shy of posting, right?

> I'll let you consider the impact of one population with an average 100 iq and a sub replacement birth rate co-existing with a population with an iq of 84 and a birth rate of 4 average
Over the span of 2 generations? Not much. Not to mention, despite those differences in fertility the cognitive performance of everyone keeps rising intergenerationally. The net result is that, as the wealth of available evidence suggests, even though fertility and birth rates have only modestly changed since 1980, the subsequent 33 years which pic related corroborates have seen a rise, not a drop in IQ.
With the likes of you in a hospital, it's no wonder single moms swallow anti-vaxxer shit. Your claim is still absolutely pants-on-head retarded, not just because it relies on factually wrong assumptions you made but because you haven't provided anything to corroborate your ecological claim and your understanding of scientific evidence makes me shudder when I think human beings will depend on you.

I hope you're at least a dermatologist.

> improving diets are raising the IQ of developing nations to their genetic peak.
Lowest of hanging fruits. IQ is quantifiably reducing in the west and i have already posted a study, plenty more available. The charts did not represent IQ as a total.

As for your weird comment about two generations, what do you suppose happens at the end of that? People go home, their birthrate falls below replacement and the white increases? Im actually happy for both those proposals but im surprised you are. You've ignored the entire case of Britain laid out and its natural consequence, ignored evidence of such and posted misleading evidence against it.

This is intellectually dishonest and disgusting.

1. Written by Richard Lynn who has been crying about dysgenic changes since the 70s
2. Proposes decline in genotypic, as opposed to phenotypic IQ within 1 point in 50 years. The previous chart and Flynn effect have overshadowed that
3. As evidence of reversing or diminishing or reversing Flynn effect cites cherrypicked studies that in fact coincide in time periods with the data I posted, and which meta-analyses of more statistical power (like ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4152423/ ) conflict with

I'd turn around the "open your mind" nonsense but I know too many factory mill MDs with science deficits like you to expect something so unrealistic. For that reason, I am out.

Delete it, fucking racist.

Another thread turned into IQ thread because of poor reading comprehension related to the articles op posted.

this

>WHAT THE FUCK?!!!! I WAS PROMISED A SINGULARITY.
>Please someone lie to me and tell me it really is coming.

There won't be a singularity. Ever.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Stagnation
gwynnedyer.com/2007/slow-forward/

>WOW LOOK AT HOW THINGS STOPPED ADVANCING SINCE THE WEST BECAMO A LEFTY SHITHOLE FULLED WITH INMIGRANTS, FEMINISTS AND SUPERTITIOUS HIPPIES
>HAHA HOW DOES LEFTISM, NO INTEREST IN SCIENCE AND LOWER IQ INFUENCE THIS AT ALL???????? HAHAH GO BACK TO POL
Having empathy for your own population is needed, having empathy for other populations is not.

Who promised you a singularity, a bunch of computer scientists writing shitty books? Kurzweil and Bostrom have never been worth listening to. Moore's Law has only ever been about transistors it literally never had anything to do with scientific advancement in general.
You read too much pop-sci sci-fi.

>WOW LOOK AT HOW THINGS STOPPED ADVANCING SINCE THE WEST BECAMO A LEFTY SHITHOLE FULLED WITH INMIGRANTS, FEMINISTS AND SUPERTITIOUS HIPPIES

not sure what you're trying to say here

merely a decade later and he's already been proven wrong. scientists are shit at predicting the futures, like how they've been predicting we'd be running out of oil umpteenth times while economists rightly insisted we wouldn't

All technological advances are enabled by advances in material sciences and material sciences has a hard plateau.

Eat shit, singularity fags. Every single one of you has no idea how any of this works and watches too much sci-fi. God, I hate these people.

>Implying white population is not declining on its own
>Implying Chinese ,Indian´s and Japs are major players in scientific development
>Implying the reduction of inequality worldwide will not make more genius appear
>Implying born wealthy people are the one´s making scientific progress

Yup.

Most of Veeky Forums would blow their brains out if they understood economics well enough to realize what that paper concludes.

This really is going to be an innovation dark age, and it's not going to be fun.

>BREAKTHROUGH IN BATTERY TECHNOLOGY IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER BROS
>said every year for the past two decades

You think most people bother to read linked articles? How many nanoseconds have you been here?

>That, at least, is the conclusion of Jonathan Huebner, a physicist working at the Pentagon’s Naval Air Warfare Center in China Lake, California. He says the rate of technological innovation reached a peak a century ago and has been declining ever since.
>innovation per capita (ayy lmao)
Brainlet garbage.
sage

Yeah, welcome to the dystopia.

100 years ago we used to go from horses to engines. Now we go from engines to engines 1% more eficient
this is what i say. The only real significant advancementsin the las 50 years where in computers and lasers, the rest is irrelevant. And this is due to demoralization and change of the way of living and morals, like in midle ages, not an objectively necesary stagnation due to nature.