Official Laugh at SpaceX Thread

>spacex has officially cancelled all moon missions
hahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is the "reputation" of this man irrevocably shot? Will anyone ever take him seriously again?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jeff_foust/status/960630695788990465
soundcloud.com/geekwire/elon-musk-discusses-the-launch-and-flight-of-the-falcon-heavy-rocket
youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tesla is doing great
captains of industry take big risks, that's why he's where he is and you're where you are

yeah what a loser that musk guy is

Source?

twitter.com/jeff_foust/status/960630695788990465

Space travel is a pointless waste of time. Money that goes towards building rockets should be going towards healthcare and education. It's a disgrace

you're a pointless waste of time.

you mean the exact things that benefit most from NASA spin-off tech?

Wouldn't it make more sense to just fund more medical research instead of just having it be a positive side effect of an otherwise wasteful space program?

This is something only an ignorant twat would say.

Education and healthcare already get far more money than they need to function properly, but most of that money is wasted and mismanaged. The money that funds space research and travel is a very tiny fraction of what goes towards education and healthcare, it's not even comparable. You should be fighting for better management of that money and less corruption in the system, but since that requires some degree of critical thinking skills and willpower -both thing you'll never have, what you do is sit back and complain about space travel.
Once a brainlet, forever a brainlet.

no you moron, Grey Dragon was formosat'd to BFR. It's the best decision they could have made.

I know this is probably bait in this context but it's amazing to think how ignorant you would have to be to believe this. All the trillions of dollars in this world that is wasted on pointless, frivolous shit and it's space travel that's the problem? Fuck you, and yes I'm triggered

>Cancels rich ass moon tourist bullshit in favour of BFR development

So what has he done wrong again?

Anything more than £0 going towards putting rockets into space for literally no reason is money misspent. And when the fuck did I say that I was opposed to better management of the resources already given to healthcare?

There is literally no point in having a space program, it only serves as a dick measuring contest between nations

There is literally no reason to explore space when we already have everything provided to us by the planet we live on. We need to stop fucking up our planet instead of trying to find somewhere else

can we discuss this topic with everyone itt having actual listened to the exact quote at least?

soundcloud.com/geekwire/elon-musk-discusses-the-launch-and-flight-of-the-falcon-heavy-rocket

>SpaceX is focusing their efforts mainly at BFR right now
>if BFR takes longer than expected, they temporarily go back to using Dragon and FH for moon trips as BFR is developed

>BFR flight tests (hops) start next year

Fucking kill yourself jesus christ, this is why we can't explore and colonise our solar system. Because dickheads like you just want to give it all on welfare so gutter trash can breed like rabbits ad nauseum. Fuck off.

Are you retarded?

They just delayed the mission until 2030 by doing this.

...?
Grey Dragon was planned for 2018. BFR is planned to be flying 2021. It's a 2 year delay.

It's immoral to spend our money on novelty spaceflight toys when we still have serious problems we need to tackle in our society. A man on mars is a disgrace while there are homeless people shivering on our streets

Guys, play nice.

but moooooom people on the internet are wrong

Nice to see that you don't have an actual counter-argument. Who benefits when money is being poured into space programs instead of soup kitchens?

abandon thread everyone, let's close it up

it's baitzone-1 now

>I hate poor people

don't you?

If Falcon Heavy blows up tomorrow it's over for SpaceX.

Nobody will take these fools seriously anymore when the only things they don't cancel don't even work.

Holy fuck this thread is absolute cancer

Alright! Here's my opinion on Musk.

>Is he a genius?

Yes

>Has he made good contributions to the Space industry?

Yes

>Is SpaceX revolutionizing Space travel?

Yes

>Is he going to get us to Mars by 2024?

No.

He's officially lost his mind.

He thinks he can build a rocket that costs $10 billion and not pay a cent for it.

>Who benefits when money is being poured into space programs instead of soup kitchens?
The same people that benefit when expired canned goods can't be given to those same food kitchens, and instead grocery stores are forced to discard and destroy them.
The same people that benefit when trash taken to the dump isn't sorted through, but merely dumped and collected en masse.
The same people that benefit when a person buys an energy drink or a soda that has enough sugar/caffeine/ENERGY to give them diabetes or liver failure or death upon repeated and consistent consumption.
The same people that benefit from overmedicating people because it's easier to sedate someone's problems rather than teach them how to handle being upset for even a moment.
The same people that benefit from your short-minded complaints about "wasteful" spending and think nothing about how much political campaigns cost, when those dollars could easily be used to fund the things you want to change.

Did you know NASA's budget was less than what Trump or Clinton spent on their political campaigns? Did you know that Space X and Blue Horizon have less money than Exxon and BP? Go cry about causes and companies that aren't breaking ground in multiple fields simultaneously and driving humanity toward actual objectives set in a different century.

Shut the fuck up.

China thread in /int/ is having discussion on rocket missiles if you're interested.

>brainlet
why the dumasaphobia?

good, leave the moon for the miners. Mars will be our Galts Gulch.

did you even take economics??

Good.

We have more important issues to deal with back here on our own planet.

BFR won't be flying in the 2020s at all, if it ever flies. It's just a paper idea for Musk to point to and use to kick the can down the road for any goal that he fails at.

The money spent on space programs is a tiny fraction of those countries' GDP. A similarly tiny fraction could "solve" homelessness in those countries, and there are programs that work towards that end. These are separate economic interests, and not mutually exclusive.

I'm holding you to this, Musk stated in an interview yesterday that the BFS will commence testing via suborbital hops in 2019 and that development is progressing quicker than expected. The BFR will fly in the 2020's, the real question is in which year?

OP in the pic bashing on Elon and his reputation while he'll be a lonely virgin for the rest of his life

Educational support from tax payer money should only go toward STEM.

Man fuck the homeless.

>BFR won't be flying in the 2020s at all, if it ever flies.
It might fly, how do you know it won't? Stop stating your opinions as if they're facts, you're making yourself look ignorant and retarded.
Or are you perhaps saying that you can see the future? If so why haven't you killed yourself knowning that you're going to be a failure and lonely for the rest of your life?

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Mom let the hyaena use her computer again.

J E L L O

tesla isn't doing great, it's the subject of a title ix racial discrimination lawsuit just as California made it so that only companies with "good labor relations" can get EV subsidies

Do you have a computer? A smartphone? Any piece of electronics at all? Do you eat in restaurants? It's immoral to buy these instead of giving the money to homeless on streets.

If only we had mo monies for dem programs Shanigra could become a scientist.

Retards like you should be euthanized. Suddenly 90% of Earth problems would be gone.

i laughed too hard mahn

what reputation? when he was at paypay he tried to move whole infrastructure from linux to windows for fucks sake, i shit you not

>neck deep in student debt
>rich people get to send their toy cars on rockets
>markets crashing

The world's getting more and more toxic.

>Title IX
This shit happens to multiple companies on a regular basis, it's why corporations have legal teams dumbass

I never thought I'd actually get baited enough to say this but
>>>/Reddit/

>drop moon to focus fully on mars
>somehow this is a bad thing and worthy of just meme

I'm not really sure what you are saying OP.

Throwing government money at education has been shown to not make schools better. I agree with you that government should not subsidize space travel, or anything for that matter.

Space travel needs to become profitable to survive.

>tesla is doing great
What? No they aren't. They lose over half a million dollars per year and are expected to have an even bigger loss for 2017. They lost $619 million in 2017Q3 alone because the Model 3 isn't meeting production figures (they produced only 260 compared to the stated 1500).
Sure, startups are expected to net losses for their first few years of operation before beginning to turn a profit, and Tesla certainly isn't the worst of the startup bunch (Uber definitely takes the cake for that), but as it stands, their road to profitability is based on some very specific conditions that have questionable attainability.

No.

Capitalism and profiteering have no place in space.

We should be striving not to send our worst there.

>markets crashing
They're not crashing at the moment, we've been long overdue a correction after all, but within the next 2 years we could see a legitimate crash. Some major industry giants could be looking at bankruptcy or restructuring that would shake up the entire economy. (*cough*GE*cough*)

>He thinks he can build a rocket that costs $10 billion and not pay a cent for it.

the wall is going to cost more than that and mexico is paying so why not a rocket

ITT: "villains" that did nothing wrong

BUILD ADDITIONAL PYLONS

construct*

Sorry, it was so long ago.

>moon missions
t. Butt hurt ULA salesman that lost his savings in the BTC crash.

NO
No jelly babies, we will find a way.
Kek

>No jelly babies, we will find a way.
What for? Free Haribo factory

yes but not all corporations rely on a very specific subsidy program to exist.

half a billion*, not million

I agree that Americans are scum but space travel is great.
It's the only way to get away from them

Fuck you Obama

>Making humanity a space civilization
>Wasteful

Fuck off nigger go back to the stone age

There is no reason to colonise space, it's a stupid idea. We already have more than enough living space on Earth as is. The Earth provides everything that mankind needs, why should we leave it other than to boost our own egos?

The answer here is simple, the USA doesnt want him there, I just wonder what are they hiding

I mena we should defenitely get rid of niggers and other undesirables first if we want to think big, which I dont see it happening and Ill probably die b4 it does.

>britfag
>we needs mo money fo dem programs

dole parasite detected

what game?

t.

>why should we leave it other than to boost our own egos?

Because we are a pioneering species.

We want to do it because we believe it's possible.

We want to discover more about the universe than we already know.

Because we can.

Is this not a good enough reason?

Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should.

reddit spacing and reddit tier argument

and we already have enough stupid posts on this site but here you are

>people in the US still don't have universal healthcare but that's okay as long as they have rockets

healthcare in the US is gonna be shit no matter if its private, universal, or the convoluted hybrid like we have now

If people aren't bankrupted by medical bills then that's still an improvement

Sheesh dude chill I'm pretty sure you put him in cardiac arrest

>serious problems we need to tackle in our society
wypipo

youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY

Fuck you OP
This is now a space daddy appreciation thread

>why cross the ocean, we have everything we need right here

fuck off child

>twitter.com/jeff_foust/status/960630695788990465
>no post about this on r/spacex
god spacex fanboys are pathetic

>we will find a way
Yeah, eventually.

We could go a long way to fixing healthcare even without universal coverage if we manage to lower the insane prices charged by medical providers.

The difference is that there was stuff on the other side of the ocean that would benefit us. In space there is nothing

I think a boom is around the corner. It seems like a descent portion of the world is quite driven to stopping climate change. The next step is most likely getting rid of combustion engines in cars. Big boy companies like Renault is working on and already produced a whole line up of full electric cars, and they plan on only making them on the very near future. Tesla is sort of the pioneer, being one if the first to make quality electric cars. When all automobiles will be electric, they have an advantage in every aspect.

>In space there is nothing
brainlet detected

why is Veeky Forums so obsessed with this guy

>Big boy companies like Renault is working on and already produced a whole line up of full electric cars
And Toyota
And Nissan
And Mercedes
And BMW
And VW
And Porsche
And Range Rover
And Jaguar

Most car companies these days either already have electric cars or are planning them